Android Galaxy S4 - WiFi and Bluetooth not turning on

Hi All...

My phone's WiFi and bluetooth don't turn on anymore. The problem started nearly 1 month ago when I decided to root the device and try out some custom ROMs... Even battery lasts 5-6 hrs only with minimal use... :(
Now after a lot of research and googling and trying out various possible solutions I have decided to surrender... :arghh:

I need advice whether it is possible to replace the wireless connectivity IC of the phone.
If yes, should I do it in a local mobile repair shop or samsung service center?

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks for reading..

Which rom have you installed? Provide us the link. Also check the thread if anyone has reported for same issue.

It can be a software issue and you dont need to replace IC for that.

Try installing other custom rom and check. If not. Try to flash Stock rom again and check if WIFI and Bluetooth is working.

Which rom have you installed? Provide us the link. Also check the thread if anyone has reported for same issue.

It can be a software issue and you dont need to replace IC for that.

Try installing other custom rom and check. If not. Try to flash Stock rom again and check if WIFI and Bluetooth is working.

I have tried out numerous ROMs from the xda forums... Eg. Prism Barebone, Arrow, LiquidSmooth etc... Currently I'm running OzcanROM... Mostly tried everything from here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4/i9500-develop
None of the other users have reported such an issue... And those who have reported such issues have pointed out that removing the battery and inserting it again fixes it for them. But for me nothing works...

I even tried flashing stock ROMs, flashing different kernels too.. But still nothing works.. :(

Hmm... I had tried the Samsung service center at vizag... Initially they told that they will try to load the software and since the phone is no longer under warranty, they will charge 200 for it... I agreed to it and they started the procedure in front of me... The support guy struggled with getting the phone into "download mode" itself.. He was not aware that the "debugging mode" needs to be enabled else phone won't go into odin mode... By that time, I was convinced that I have come to the wrong place... :confused:
Then after 10-15 mins of struggle, the support guy suggested that I go for complete motherboard change and it would cost around 9k... I then walked out of the service center...
I have not tried the bangalore service centers yet.. But I don't have high hopes from Samsung service... Hence wondering if any other renowned mobile repair center can just replace the IC... whether that would even be possible...
I then found online - http://www.parts4repair.com/wifi-bluetooth-ic-for-samsung-i9500-galaxy-s4/

hi @swagatrath i have the same problem in my galaxy s4 phone wifi and bluetooth not working. so i also went to service center they told me replace circuit which cost Rs9000/- . there is problem with the IC so can you please suggest what you have to repair your galaxy s4 phone having same issue. have you replaced IC somewhere .kindly suggest me according to your experience .

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you said the problem happened after installing Custom ROM it is most likely software related. Or Maybe you have installed a new app which is causing interference.
In the meanwhile try this. Go to accessibility and turn all software to 'off', none should be on. Go to security>Device administrator all apps should be unchecked. Go back, open 'Apps with usage access' no app should have usage access. Restart your device and turn on Bluetooth.

hi @swagatrath i have the same problem in my galaxy s4 phone wifi and bluetooth not working. so i also went to service center they told me replace circuit which cost Rs9000/- . there is problem with the IC so can you please suggest what you have to repair your galaxy s4 phone having same issue. have you replaced IC somewhere .kindly suggest me according to your experience .

I could not get it repaired.. Hence sold it off to reglobe.in for about 6k..

reglobe.in
but have you tried changing the IC of phone outside in mobile repairing store.. ? becoz one person told me to change the iC when wifi dont work there is problem with ic . but he is not giving any guarantee . he told i wil change the ic but if it works then no problem, but if dont then its upto u. so did u tried doing this or not , if yes then is it worked?

but have you tried changing the IC of phone outside in mobile repairing store.. ? becoz one person told me to change the iC when wifi dont work there is problem with ic . but he is not giving any guarantee . he told i wil change the ic but if it works then no problem, but if dont then its upto u. so did u tried doing this or not , if yes then is it worked?

No.. I did not try it.. It was too much hassle with not much probability of success.. Hence sold it off..

Back