Budget 20-25K Galaxy S7 edge vs One plus 5

vigilante

Adept
Need help in deciding between between Pre owned Galaxy S7 edge and one plus 5. I'm getting 1 yr old S7 and 4-6 month old OP5 for around 23k.
My main requirements are a good camera, good screen and batter life.

GS7 edge 32gb
Pros: very good camera, screen resolution, good looking
Cons : no warranty, touchwiz gets laggy over time, storage (I'll use 2 sims)

OP5 64/6
Pros: warranty, better processor, should get more updates(?), storage
Cons: camera (relative) , screen resolution lower.

Let me know if I'm missing anything or something else needs to be considered.
The biggest reason I'm tilting towards s7 is the camera. Can Anyone who has used both let me know if it's reason enough? I don't use camera settings too much and prefer a fast pick and shoot with good auto focus. My biggest gripe would be 32 gb storage.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
For S7 Edge - owned by a family member, camera is good. Specially in bit low light, it works good. Battery life is 'average' (subjective) with SoT around 4 hours. Though screen is great, its PITA to get tempered glass screen protectors.

For OP5, lower screen resolution with 10nm proccy should give good battery life. I believe You should not count official update support from OP. They may or may not support it.

Rather check custom ROM support (if you are comfortable using one) for both phones if you are after updates.

Having seen both, if you are looking for brand and better camera, I would still opt for S7. That aside, the OP5 is the better phone in terms of hardware and longevity.

The comparison is skewed, since its a 1.5 year old phone which is still good vs a 6 month phone that has already been discontinued.[DOUBLEPOST=1512369354][/DOUBLEPOST]Additionally, I was going to pick up the OP5 during the last sale in October, where I felt that the deal was good with exchange offers + bank offers. But on hearing rumours about 5T, I decided to wait. Now, I might not be looking to get the 5T, because I think OP is screwing the users over...

Last edited:
Most tempered glass one do not work. They also cause decreased touch sensitivity.
Damn. That's something to consider as having a 3 yr old at home I can never be too careful.
I would still opt for S7
Camera is the biggest reason I'm considering S7. I'm willing to live with little less storage if the cam is worth it.
I hope FK gives some offers in this week's sale.
since its a 1.5 year old phone which is still good vs a 6 month phone that has already been discontinued
I'm constrained by my budget and that's why I'm considering these older flagships which fulfill my needs.
because I think OP is screwing the users over
Do you mean their strategy of releasing a new phone every 6 months?

Really don't know if it's a fair comparison as we are comparing 1 the current flagship to a almost a 2 year old flagship.

As for the camera Oneplus 5 camera can be straight away compared to the one on S8/S8 Plus it is that good for the price it's comes for.

As for the S7 edge I would still say the camera is better on Oneplus 5/5T having used both the s7e and the 5.

Other points If u compare OP5 kills the s7e in every department the only thing OP5 lacks is its not water prof but then how many time do u use ur phone while taking bath or diving, As for accidents incase u drop it in water or in ur shit pot it can take a dive for say about 2/3 minutes though have not personally tried it.

As for software (I personally don't care about this) S7 edge being almost a 2 year old device and oneplus 5 just 6 month old both should receive updates till December 2018.

For me if I want to buy a phone which I will be using for another 2 year then I would personally never buy a 2 year old Model.

If u ask me which phone I will buy if I'm in the market for a new phone then I would recommend the Samsung S8 or the Oneplus 5/5T.

As for the S7 edge I would still say the camera is better on Oneplus 5/5T having used both the s7e and the 5.
That's interesting since camera is the main reason I'm even considering the S7Edge. Waterproofing isn't much of an issue for me.
S8 is just too exorbitantly priced for me to consider.[DOUBLEPOST=1512392738][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes, within 5-6 months its 'obsolete' for same product segment.
Yeah. That's a really sore point. It works from their business point of view but from loyal customer perspective, that sucks.[DOUBLEPOST=1512392788][/DOUBLEPOST]
I might not be looking to get the 5T, because I think OP is screwing the users over...
If I may ask, which phone are you considering?[DOUBLEPOST=1512457930][/DOUBLEPOST]As per Flipkart's next sale ad, I will be getting the S7 (not edge) for around 23K after exchange (1 yr old Leeco Le2). Any card discount will further reduce the price.
Deal sounds good to me. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
If you gonna use 2 sims then better get the 128 gb S7 edge or the 64 gb one plus phone. 32 GB doesn't last long unless you dont consume and store media much. If you want any samsung phone for a few thousand rupees less than market price with insurance in gurgaon lemme know. The s7 edge 128 gb with damage protection is for 42.5 k only btw

From BYOD page

Attachments

• samsung.jpg
    samsung.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 266
Back