Budget 20-25K Galaxy S7 edge vs One plus 5

vigilante

Adept
Need help in deciding between between Pre owned Galaxy S7 edge and one plus 5. I'm getting 1 yr old S7 and 4-6 month old OP5 for around 23k.
My main requirements are a good camera, good screen and batter life.

GS7 edge 32gb
Pros: very good camera, screen resolution, good looking
Cons : no warranty, touchwiz gets laggy over time, storage (I'll use 2 sims)

OP5 64/6
Pros: warranty, better processor, should get more updates(?), storage
Cons: camera (relative) , screen resolution lower.

Let me know if I'm missing anything or something else needs to be considered.
The biggest reason I'm tilting towards s7 is the camera. Can Anyone who has used both let me know if it's reason enough? I don't use camera settings too much and prefer a fast pick and shoot with good auto focus. My biggest gripe would be 32 gb storage.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
No idea about the S7 but my cousin bought the oneplus 5 for his Italy trip recently and photos came out really good . phones feels sturdy and light as compared to the S7 which i feel is fragile due to the glass back and generally samsung phones age badly

Had some budget constraints and OP5t costs above 30K while OP5 is already discontinued. A bit miffed by this policy of OnePlus.
Anyway, my main requirement was the camera and that should be fulfilled by S7 by remaining within my budget.

How about the spigen armor case?
https://www.amazon.in/Spigen-Rugged...qid=1513053650&sr=8-1&keywords=spigen+s7+case
Will it make the phone too bulky?
Also I applied tempered glass yesterday, and it does not cover the display completely. It's almost 2-2.5mm gap from either sides. I searched multiple shops and everyone had the same size so finally applied one. Now the display doesn't look good since it's quite short from all sides. Had faced similar problem with wife's iphone 6 but at least it covered the whole display part.

https://www.amazon.in/Spigen-Rugged...qid=1513053650&sr=8-1&keywords=spigen+s7+case
Also I applied tempered glass yesterday, and it does not cover the display completely. It's almost 2-2.5mm gap from either sides. I searched multiple shops and everyone had the same size so finally applied one. Now the display doesn't look good since it's quite short from all sides. Had faced similar problem with wife's iphone 6 but at least it covered the whole display part.
Having used all the cases from spigen but like the Neo hybrid case the most, All the cases from spigen will add weight as well will make the phones bulky but then if u r looking to protect your phone from drops that will come at a cost.

get a soft cover that will cover full screen, there are a few tempered ones too avail that fully cover the screen. I have used s7 for 7 months now without a screen guard and no scratches yet, its quite durable and scratch resistant. Try this cover https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01M0B9XUW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

it looks good and is durable. Does make the phone a lil thick but thats with all cases which offer protection.

I don't know if you have bought a phone yet, but since you are not offended by buying used phones and camera is a big consideration point, have you looked at used Pixel or Pixel XL.
One can easily find Pixel 128GB for around 22-24k. I have the chance to snag a Pixel XL 128GB with very slight back glass crack for just 22k, but the need of a dual sim is stopping me.

I don't know if you have bought a phone yet
Already bought a new S7 for 21,600 from flipkart. Yes, camera and pure android had made me consider pixel but I needed a dual sim phone.
Also no headphone jack on pixel 2 (not withstanding the price) is reason enough for me to not consider it.
I have used s7 for 7 months now without a screen guard and no scratches yet, its quite durable and scratch resistant.
Good to hear that. Guess I'll just buy a good case and let go of this screen guard. It's just spoiling the display and I'm already seeing the halo effect.

I don't know if you have bought a phone yet, but since you are not offended by buying used phones and camera is a big consideration point, have you looked at used Pixel or Pixel XL.
One can easily find Pixel 128GB for around 22-24k. I have the chance to snag a Pixel XL 128GB with very slight back glass crack for just 22k, but the need of a dual sim is stopping me.

Me - I want one! I am planning to get the Pixel 2 from the TE group for 39K - someone bought the same, but wants dual SIM.

Back