Gamepad for Street Fighter

satyanjoy

Skilled
I am looking for a gamepad which comes with six face buttons (a,b,c and x,y,z) to use it with street fighter Iv and other similar retro games. Its bit awkward & difficult while using the shoulder buttons of my rumblepad while executing combo.

ashr said:
sega saturn pad usb. get it for 1500 bucks off ebay. you cannot get a better pad for street fighter.

/thread :)

Thanks for your suggestions. Just saw it - its looks perfect. Hope I will get this one in ebay.in

not ebay.in

you'll have to get it shipped from China. try ebay.com

it took me 2 weeks to get mine. a week and a half for my friend. both were in good condition. the box may lead you to believe that you've been gipped and that these are cheap chinese knockoffs but that isn't the case. there's a thread going on at shoryuken.com where hardcore fighting game players have opened up the parts of the original Saturn controller and this one... to compare PCBs and the likes.

they came to the conclusion that they were exactly alike... in terms of performance and components used.

I researched a bit and found ppl can actually used xbox controller . I have ordered it from punker 10 days back its still arrive . Thats a different issue .

Xbox controller seems to be good for 1250 rs :) .

ashr said:
not ebay.in

you'll have to get it shipped from China. try ebay.com

it took me 2 weeks to get mine. a week and a half for my friend. both were in good condition. the box may lead you to believe that you've been gipped and that these are cheap chinese knockoffs but that isn't the case. there's a thread going on at shoryuken.com where hardcore fighting game players have opened up the parts of the original Saturn controller and this one... to compare PCBs and the likes.

they came to the conclusion that they were exactly alike... in terms of performance and components used.

I see..thanks for the detail info..I will digg into it.

nfsnfs said:
I researched a bit and found ppl can actually used xbox controller . I have ordered it from punker 10 days back its still arrive . Thats a different issue .

Xbox controller seems to be good for 1250 rs :) .

but it has only 4 face button

Update:

I digged into playasia and got one street fighter controller for ps2 (Rs.1219)and one joypad converter (ps2 to pc)(Rs.729.90)..Same controller for pc is not available in stock at playasia ans will cost around Rs.1200. I am tempted towards the ps2 version + joypad converter ,, there are lots of ps2 dedicated fighting where this pad will be handy.

DO NOT GET THAT PAD. it's made by Nubytech. you may as well dump it into your trash can with all the packaging. stay clear. they're bad.

even if you do get a good ps2 pad, a joypad converter is generally frowned upon by fighting game purists. it can add noticeable input lag which is a big no-no. it might be ok if you only want to play casual games with buddies.

i forgot to ask you an important question. do you need a pad primarily for the PC or a console?

for PC, the only 6 button pads worth getting are the official Madcatz Street Fighter 4 pads and the Sega Saturn USB i linked you to. however, the Madcatz pads are essentially clones of the Saturn Pad. very similar shape, button layout and directional pad. you'd only be paying more for the bling. up to you to decide whether the eye candy is worth the extra cash :) you can't go wrong with either of these pads.

ashr said:
DO NOT GET THAT PAD. it's made by Nubytech. you may as well dump it into your trash can with all the packaging. stay clear. they're bad.

even if you do get a good ps2 pad, a joypad converter is generally frowned upon by fighting game purists. it can add noticeable input lag which is a big no-no. it might be ok if you only want to play casual games with buddies.

i forgot to ask you an important question. do you need a pad primarily for the PC or a console?

for PC, the only 6 button pads worth getting are the official Madcatz Street Fighter 4 pads and the Sega Saturn USB i linked you to. however, the Madcatz pads are essentially clones of the Saturn Pad. very similar shape, button layout and directional pad. you'd only be paying more for the bling. up to you to decide whether the eye candy is worth the extra cash :) you can't go wrong with either of these pads.

so Nubytech is like intex for psu in gamepad ?

the primary purpose is to play Street Fighter IV in pc - solo or online.

responsive keypad and tectile keypad is the top priority for me - dont care how it looks.So madcatz are cheaper -same performance-less beautiful cousin of sega saturn usb ? Can you give me the exact link of the forum where the GO/Sell is going on ? otherwise I have to digginto the entire chinese site

Sorry for a bit of OT:

I used the Xbox controller, and find it pretty good enough.

@Ashr, some tips with Ryu

I play with my friend, and select Ryu only (cause am comfortbale with his moves). I can defeat him easily against all players except Zangief. Zangief has one move (where he revolves with his arms wide open), apparently that move is pretty easy to do with keyboard, and is unstoppable with almost anything but the super's and ultras. The only way I can play is to defend and time my move as soon as his revolving move is over and before he can start again :p

I use Ken. A Hurricane Kick to come in close range, then a Flame Shoryuken takes up mostly 30-40% of the life :p Added advantage if EX counterparts of the above are used. The same technique can be used for Putting in a Super or an Ultra.

Ryu's Ultra/Super can be easily dodged by jumping up as soon as he releases it, so they have to be used wisely, generally in a "Cancel" or another moves combo.

PhOeNiX said:
I use Ken. A Hurricane Kick to come in close range, then a Flame Shoryuken takes up mostly 30-40% of the life :p Added advantage if EX counterparts of the above are used. The same technique can be used for Putting in a Super or an Ultra.

Ryu's Ultra/Super can be easily dodged by jumping up as soon as he releases it, so they have to be used wisely, generally in a "Cancel" or another moves combo.

lol, if you use an EX Tatsu and try to follow up with an EX Fierce Shoryu, you've got another thing coming.:rofl:

The safest way to do the ultra with Ryu/Ken is to hp.Shoryu>fadc>ultra.

satyanjoy said:
Have you played online - we can create some TE-SF 4 online weekend tourney or something like that- it will be fun

That sounds like a plan.

ubergeek said:
i find kb very comfortable ive played kof with dpad tho found it really uncomfortable :p

which kb and dpad r u using ??? I heard kb is not that responsive in pulling combos whereas a good gamepad is perfect with its accurate and responsive keys which is very vital in fast paced arcade fighting games

Back