Budget 51-70k Gaming @ 1080p low-medium settings

undertalvar

Recruit
Hi,

Like the title says, looking for a gaming PC that can play games like GTA V, Fallout 4, Witcher 2 and 3, Fallout NV, CS:GO, Dota 2, Batman Arkham series, skyrim and Dishonoured 2 for now
This will be my first gaming PC build.

Questions
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Currently, own a laptop. I don't have any existing component nor have I purchased any
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • NA
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Currently considering between i3 8100(but no budget MoBo), Pentium G4560, Ryzen 3 1300, Ryzen 1600 or Ryzen 5 2400G. Please suggest. Please don't limit your response to my considerations as long as it fits the budget
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • GPU - Depends on CPU. For the i3 8100 build: GT 1030, For the Pentium build: GTX 1050 TI, others not sure. Please suggest
    • PSU - Looking for a 550W so that I'll be able to upgrade in the future without problems
    • RAM: For the i3 and pentium build: 1x8GB(either 2133 or 2400), for the Ryzen 2x4GB(3000)
    • Cabinet: Any mid tower case
    • SSD: 240GB
    • HDD: 1TB 7200RPM
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • With the current RAM and GPU prices, It will depend on the current CPU-GPU combination
    • GPU-If I get GT 1030 then will upgrade to GTX 1050 TI in the next 1.5 years or so
    • RAM - If I get the intel build then will get another 1x8GB DIMM, If Ryzen then will have to go for 2x8GB(Will upgrade RAM after 2 years)
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai(Preferred)
    • Hyderabad
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Multitasking
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No. No particular preference
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • FPS
    • RPG
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920x1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Not sure. Since this will be my first build a bit skeptical.
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64Bit Home

Budget -61.3K

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G -12900,
Asrock AB350 Pro4 -7200,
ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 Series 8GB 3000Mhz DDR4 -7300,
Asus Phoenix GT 1030 2GB -7300,
Corsair CX 550 -4500,
Antec GX200 -3000,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD -6100,
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22” LED IPS -8500, (paytm mall)
Logitech MK200 -1000.
Total -61,300.

All price are taken from md computers, paytm mall(monitor), onlyssd (SSD), primeabgb (MB & GPU)
check once

Budget -61.3K

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G -12900,
Asrock AB350 Pro4 -7200,
ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 Series 8GB 3000Mhz DDR4 -7300,
Asus Phoenix GT 1030 2GB -7300,
Corsair CX 550 -4500,
Antec GX200 -3000,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD -6100,
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22” LED IPS -8500, (paytm mall)
Logitech MK200 -1000.
Total -61,300.

All price are taken from md computers, paytm mall(monitor), onlyssd (SSD), primeabgb (MB & GPU)
check once

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Should I really go for the GT 1030 with the APU?
I read that both of them have similar graphical output.

Edit:
And my apologies, I meant I'm ready to spend 60K on the CPU.
I'll edit my original post. I've almost finalized the mouse, need some time to finalize the monitor and keyboard.

Edit #2:
And for some reason I cannot edit my original post. *facepalm*

Last edited:
The integrated GPU on 2400 performs as good as a GT 1030. I'd say wait for a few days for the GPU prices to get stable.
You can invest more in RAM for better performance!

The integrated GPU on 2400 performs as good as a GT 1030. I'd say wait for a few days for the GPU prices to get stable.
You can invest more in RAM for better performance!

So should I just remove GPU from the above build, get another 8GB 3000MHz DIMM and get the Ryzen 5 2400G now or should I wait completly?
Like not buy anything and purchase everything after the GPU prices have stabilized.

I read that both Nvidia and AMD will be having some events next month. AMD might release their 2nd Gen Ryzen CPUs and Nvidia may release some more GPUs(maybe a mining specific card too). Although we won't get the hardware till August-Sepetember, I'm hoping that with the release of new hardware the prices of current gen componenets may go down. Hence my question.

So should I just remove GPU from the above build, get another 8GB 3000MHz DIMM and get the Ryzen 5 2400G

If you are going for building a rig now with Ryzen 5 2400G, you can omit GPU and either save money or get extra RAM if needed cause RAM prices are high too. Also from above list replace SSD to Samsung 860 EVO. They are sold at nearly same price of EVO 850 but they are newer generation.

Not sure about how the new Ryzen processors are going to be! Even if they launch new processors next month it'll take a while for them to get here and same goes for the price cuts. So, you can start with 2400g if you want.

If you are going for building a rig now with Ryzen 5 2400G, you can omit GPU and either save money or get extra RAM if needed cause RAM prices are high too. Also from above list replace SSD to Samsung 860 EVO. They are sold at nearly same price of EVO 850 but they are newer generation.

Thanks! I'll get the 860 EVO instead of the 850.
To be honest I'm willing to wait a couple of months(Only if I can save 3-4K by buying later. Anything less than that will not be worth it since you'll already be investing what 60-70k for the system.).

I'm just trying to finalize a build and then keep an eye out for the prices of the required compoenent. A good CPU-GPU combo considering the budget, the required performance and not having the upgrade the system for 2 years or so will be ideal. I think(I maybe wrong since this is my first build) that all the other components will depend on the CPU and GPU so once they are fixed I'll be a bit less worried.

Also what makes the choice a bit more confusing it the fact that there are so many choices and you can always get something better by investing a little more. I'm finding it very hard to come to terms with. Eg: I can get the 1050 TI by investing 4-5K more than the 1050 but is that really worth the 5-6+ FPS boost(esp in RPG games like Witcher 3 and Skyrim) that it'll provide. This being my first build I just don't want to be left with the feeling that I could have had something better for a 2-3K more.

Last edited:
Not sure about how the new Ryzen processors are going to be! Even if they launch new processors next month it'll take a while for them to get here and same goes for the price cuts. So, you can start with 2400g if you want.

I would say that that's a good advice. Thanks! I'll just have to look for a MoBo that has an updated BIOS. Any suggestions on that? Will the retailers(either in Mumbai or Hyderabad) provide BIOS updates if I were to purchase the Ryzen APU?

I've no intensions of buying the new hardware. If I can save 1-2k on the current gen processor by waiting 1 month, I'll be happy.

Last edited:
I would say that that's a good advice. Thanks! I'll just have to look for a MoBo that has an updated BIOS. Any suggestions on that? Will the retailers(either in Mumbai or Hyderabad) provide BIOS updates if I were to purchase the Ryzen APU?
Same platform so a BIOS upgrade will take care of it in case if you decide to go for an upgrade. Flashing BIOS is not a big deal!

I've no intensions of buying the new hardware. If I can save 1-2k on the processor by waiting 1 month, I'll be happy.
Prices keep fluctuating, can't say about that!

I'm just trying to finalize a build and then keep an eye out for the prices of the required compoenent. A good CPU-GPU combo considering the budget, the required performance and not having the upgrade the system for 2 years or so will be ideal. I think(I maybe wrong since this is my first build) that all the other components will depend on the CPU and GPU so once they are fixed I'll be a bit less worried.

Also what makes the choice a bit more confusing it the fact that there are so many choices and you can always get something better by investing a little more. I'm finding it very hard to come to terms with. Eg: I can get the 1050 TI by investing 4-5K more than the 1050 but is that really worth the 5-6+ FPS boost(esp in RPG games like Witcher 3 and Skyrim) that it'll provide. This being my first build I just don't want to be left with the feeling that I could have had something better for a 2-3K more.

A 1060 is what you should get if you're planning to game on 1080p. With 1050Ti you'd be able to run the games with low-medium settings for another year maybe but 1060 should do better if you're not keen on upgrading.

Same platform so a BIOS upgrade will take care of it in case if you decide to go for an upgrade. Flashing BIOS is not a big deal!
Thing is I don't have an AM4 socket CPU so I'll have to get the MoBo's BIOS updated before I can start using it with the APU.

Prices keep fluctuating, can't say about that!
Yes, that's true! Cannot predict anything. Will have to give this some more thought(before making a purchase).

A 1060 is what you should get if you're planning to game on 1080p. With 1050Ti you'd be able to run the games with low-medium settings for another year maybe but 1060 should do better if you're not keen on upgrading.

For now I'm planning to play: GTA V, Fallout 4, Witcher 2 and 3, Fallout NV, CS:GO, Dota 2, Batman Arkham series, skyrim and Dishonoured 2
I'm hoping these games will keep me occupied for a minimum of 1-1.5 years.
I don't feel like getting into any new games since I already have so much to do with the above games :D
So a 1050 or a 1050 TI should be able to play these games on medium(or even low which I'm ready to do. Also my post title) 1080p since they are already what a minimum of 2 years old. If I really feel like getting into a new game I'm willing to drop the resolution to 900p low-medium.

I can upgrade my GPU after I'm done with these games.

I compared the 1050 and 1050 TI because the difference in their price is not very significant when compared to the 1060. And also getting the 1060 now will push the cost of my CPU well beyond my budget of 60K

You would have to do it yourself. Its quite easy these days.

I've seen a couple of videos on YT regarding the BIOS update and it seems easy but like I said I don't have an AM4 socket CPU. You need one to update the BIOS right?
I don't think you can update the BIOS using the Ryzen 5 APU directly(correct me if I'm wrong. I read this somewhere).
That'll be a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
CPU- Ryzen 2200G for gaming or 1600 for gaming + workstation. Skip the 2400G
Mobo- Asrock AB350 Pro4 (cheapest) or GIGABYTE GA-AB350-GAMING 3 (Better audio and dual bios) As you already know ask the retailer to update the BIOS. I don't know if AMD sends the kit to update BIOS in India.
RAM- 2 X 4 GB cheapest and fastest you can find from reputed manufacturer. Cheapest RAM recommendation is Crucial 4GB 2400Mhz ram which costs 3K in primeabgb and can be overclocked to 2666 Mhz if you're into overclocking.
GPU- GTX 1050 or 1060. The 1050 TI does not worth the extra cost over 1050 for only slight improvement.
PSU- Corsair TX550M
Case- Corsair 100R
SSD- Crucial MX500
HDD- WD blue or seagate barracuda 1 TB
Monitor - HP 22es or 24es. Get the bigger version if you can afford it because most of the time you're looking at this. If you buy one of this set the Video overdrive to level 2 for fast response time almost comparable to TN panel for negligible amount of ghosting. The color accuracy is also good on this monitor.
Keyboard- AmazonBasics Keyboard. I Found this to be better than cheaper Logitechs.
The only problem lies in finding the GPU at the right price.

Last edited:
CPU- Ryzen 2200G for gaming or 1600 for gaming + workstation. Skip the 2400G
Mobo- Asrock AB350 Pro4 (cheapest) or GIGABYTE GA-AB350-GAMING 3 (Better audio and dual bios) As you already know ask the retailer to update the BIOS. I don't know if AMD sends the kit to update BIOS in India.
RAM- 2 X 4 GB cheapest and fastest you can find from reputed manufacturer. Recommendation is Crucial 4GB 2400Mhz ram which costs 3K in primeabgb and can be overclocked to 2666 Mhz if you're into overclocking.
GPU- GTX 1050 or 1060. The 1050 TI does not worth the extra cost over 1050 for only slight improvement.
PSU- Corsair TX550M
Case- Corsair 100R
SSD- Crucial MX500
HDD- WD blue or seagate barracuda 1 TB
Monitor - HP 22es or 24es. Get the bigger version if you can afford it because most of the time you're looking at this. If you buy one of this set the Video overdrive to level 2 for fast response time almost comparable to TN panel for negligible amount of ghosting. The color accuracy is also good on this monitor.
Keyboard- AmazonBasics Keyboard. I Found this to be better than cheaper Logitechs.
The only problem lies in finding the GPU.

I love you! :D #NoHomo
This looks good. This had definitely crossed my mind but I was a bit sceptical on whether I should pair the 1050 or the 1050 TI with the R5 1600(since it has more cores than the 2400G and is a better performer overall). Your reasoning behind getting each part is really good and it makes sense to me.

Thanks! :)
Just one question: I read and saw in several videos that you should pair higher frequency RAM with the Ryzen CPUs. So will the 2400 MHz be sufficient for its working?
Although it is higher than the base 2133 still I need to ask.

I love you! :D #NoHomo
This looks good. This had definitely crossed my mind but I was a bit sceptical on whether I should pair the 1050 or the 1050 TI with the R5 1600(since it has more cores than the 2400G and is a better performer overall). Your reasoning behind getting each part is really good and it makes sense to me.

Thanks! :)
Just one question: I read and saw in several videos that you should pair higher frequency RAM with the Ryzen CPUs. So will the 2400 MHz be sufficient for its working?
Although it is higher than the base 2133 still I need to ask.
Ryzen does perform slightly better with higher frequency RAM but the extra cost associated with higher frequency ram negates the performance gains, that money can be better spent elsewhere. And its hard to find higher frequency 4 GB sticks for cheap, most of the 3000Mhz RAM starts from 8GB. Also the above mentioned ram can easily be overclocked to 2666Mhz, Tomshardware even overclocked it to 2800Mhz but you can stick to 2666 for stability or even at 2400Mhz you won't sacrifice much performance.

Ryzen does perform slightly better with higher frequency RAM but the extra cost associated with higher frequency ram negates the performance gains, that money can be better spent elsewhere. And its hard to find higher frequency 4 GB sticks for cheap, most of the 3000Mhz RAM starts from 8GB. Also the above mentioned ram can easily be overclocked to 2666Mhz, Tomshardware even overclocked it to 2800Mhz but you can stick to 2666 for stability or even at 2400Mhz you won't sacrifice much performance.

Thank! :)
That makes sense! I was unable to find higher(higher than 2400MHz) frequency 4 GB Dual Channel RAM kit online(not on Amazon, MD Computers or even on primeabgb) and I'm assuming in today's market they will be very expensive.
I'll check the Tom's Hardware article.

Thanks for the link.
I have seen this before. But since there was no price on their website and they wanted us(me) to email them for a quote, I dropped it.
Maybe I should have phrased my statement more appropriately: unable to find price for higher frequency RAM.
Anyways thanks! :)

I think I'll just settle with the 2400 MHz.
I have already narrowed down all the part and the build(including the CPU, Monitor and peripherals) is already 4-5K over my budget(because of the R5 1600 and the GTX 1050) but I'm more satisfied with it. Instead of getting the GT 1030 now and then eventually upgrading to the 1050 or the 1050 TI 1-1.5 years down the road, I'll just get the 1050 and only upgrade the RAM if I really need it. I'm hoping that I should be good for at least a couple of years(maybe more) with this build.

Edit: Maybe and I've not given this much thought, I will swap the R5 1600 with the R5 1400. I'll save ~4K by doing so which should bring the build right down to my budget. I think the R5 1400(4 cores) is equivalent the the i5 and the 1600 is equivalent to the i7, only in terms of core count. The 1600 seems to be a bit of an overkill for gaming. Not so sure about this. Please let me know what you think

Last edited:
Edit: Maybe and I've not given this much thought, I will swap the R5 1600 with the R5 1400. I'll save ~4K by doing so which should bring the build right down to my budget. I think the R5 1400(4 cores) is equivalent the the i5 and the 1600 is equivalent to the i7, only in terms of core count. The 1600 seems to be a bit of an overkill for gaming. Not so sure about this. Please let me know what you think
R5 1400 isn't worth it when there is 2400G. 2400G sits between 1400 and 1500X. But the 12.9K pricing of 2400G is too close to the 15.5K pricing of R5 1600. R5 1600 definitely worth the extra cost over 1400 or 2400G. But if you're on a really tight budget you might want to consider 2200G or maybe even get the 2400G but not 1400.

R5 1400 isn't worth it when there is 2400G. 2400G sits between 1400 and 1500X. But the 12.9K pricing of 2400G is too close to the 15.5K pricing of R5 1600. R5 1600 definitely worth the extra cost over 1400 or 2400G. But if you're on a really tight budget you might want to consider 2200G or maybe even get the 2400G but not 1400.

Thanks for the information. This is a tough choice. I'll have to think about it. But most likely I'll go with what you've said: get the 1600

Back