Gaming and Performance PC in 30K

N5233

Disciple
Hello friends! I posted a thread about buying a PC in September/October 2011 but the plan was cancelled due to studies. But now as my exams are ending in two days, I'm going to buy a new PC in the coming two weeks. Here are the details:
  • Q: What is your budget?
  • Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel Pendium D
    • Motherboard - Mercury (Dont remenber the exact model)
    • GPU - Nvidia 7200GS
    • RAM - Kingston 2GB
    • Monitor - LG L177WSB 17 inch
    • SMPS - Iball that came with the cabinet
    • DVD Writer - LG SuperMulti
  • Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - as mentioned above
    • Speakers - Creative
    • DVD writer - LG
    • Hard Drive - Seagate Baracuda 7200.10
  • Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU
    • Motherboard
    • GPU
    • RAM
    • SMPS
    • Cabinet
  • Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • This is the final config and no upgrade at least for two years
  • Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Pune
    • Open to online purchase if COD option is available
  • Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  • Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Graphic Editing
    • Watching HD movies
  • Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No preference or dislike but I prefer quality components
  • Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • COD - Whole series
    • Racing - NFS whole series on medium settings
    • AC - whole series
    • and all other popular games
  • Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    • Gaming - 1280x728
    • Desktop - 1440x900
  • Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • Yes is sufficient cooling is available
  • Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit (For 4GB RAM)

I also want Phone numbers of reputed shops in pune such as Ankita, Stech, Karan, etc. Do they tell the prices on phone?

When the hard drive prices will come down? Can I buy a good 60GB SSD in the mentioned budget

Please give me suggestions ASAP.

Also, point me to some good guide about PC assembly as this is my first ever PC build.
<

Crosses your budget by ~4k but worth every penny-

i5-2400 -> ~10500

Intel DH67CLB3 -> ~5400

G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1) -> ~1200

Sapphire Radeon HD6870 -> ~11500

Seasonic s12 II 520 -> ~3700

NZXT Source Elite -> ~2300

For assembling guide, refer this-

[media]http://youtu.be/uUY0tP5jYIo[/media]

I'd suggest op to wait for a while for the newer series gpu launch as prices of earlier series may come down,it's just a matter of time for the gpus to be available in the market.

Thanks #[member='JuGGa']. But my budget is pretty rigid. I cannt extend it by more than 1~2K. And the prices you quoted are taken from which source?

#[member='Jakob'] for how many time I will have to wait? I've already waited for almost a year for buying a new PC.

#[member='JuGGa'] Can you suggest a GFX which is 2~3K less?

#[member='N5233']

Prices are from different online trusted sites. (flipkart, smcinternational.in, theitwares,primeabgb)

You can go for MSI 6850 Cyclone PE/OC @ 9.5k

And regarding waiting, its around 1 month. IMO the most important thing about new 7xxx series is their correct price point which surely needs to be revised after gt680's review. It may take 2 months also.

#[member='JuGGa'] I won't wait for anything more than 15 days from today.

I prefer MSI or Gigabyte motherboards more than intel so please suggest them.

Also, the prices in Pune are more than the online quoted prices. So even if you suggest me a Config in 30K budget I'll have to pay more than 30K. So please suggest.

Thanks #[member='JuGGa']. But my budget is pretty rigid. I cannt extend it by more than 1~2K. And the prices you quoted are taken from which source?

#[member='Jakob'] for how many time I will have to wait? I've already waited for almost a year for buying a new PC.

Just wait till the end of March. The AMD HD 78** series cards are coming out this should force the price of AMD HD 68** series to go down more important it will force the prices of the GTX 560 and 560 Ti down too.

#[member='JuGGa'] Can you suggest a GFX which is 2~3K less?

Anything lesser than the HD 6870 for future games is not worth it. I am assuming that you will get a 21" monitor sooner than later.

Also I think it will be better to get your PC from Bombay rather than Pune itself due to the lack of decent shops out there and the atrocious prices they quote.

The Intel DH67-BL and -CL models are your best bet in your tight budget, the competing motherboards from MSi and Gigabyte lack the feature set provided by the base Intel boards.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

The Intel board I suggested is at par with others. You can go with it.

And any harm in buying online? Since you're going to assemble it by yourself that rules out the purpose to buy locally.

#[member='ALPHA17'] I'm thinking of buying it from Mumbai too. But what about replacement and warranty?

#[member='JuGGa'] I'll go with that intel board. But is OC supported on it? I can buy online if there is COD option available. My parents won't allow me to use their credit cards online.

#[member='ALPHA17'] I'm thinking of buying it from Mumbai too. But what about replacement and warranty?

#[member='JuGGa'] I'll go with that intel board. But is OC supported on it? I can buy online if there is COD option available. My parents won't allow me to use their credit cards online.

Okay about the RMA issue and after sales, just get in touch with the service center for Intel / company whose product you own, they will guide you to the local Service point where you can avail your warranty.

Okay if you want to over-clock your system, please note that the Intel non-k marked CPU's do not support over-clocking as well you will need a compatible P 67 OR Z68 based chipset to over-clock your system stably.

In case you want to over-clock your system, get the following configuration --

Intel Core i5 2500k ~ 13500/- + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO / ThermalRIGHT Cogage True Spirit ~2400/-

ASUS P8Z68-M PRO ~9500/-

Seasonic S12II 620W ~4600/-

NZXT Gamma ~2600/- [for better air-flow and cable management]

[rest configuration as #JuGGa provided]

And this will raise your costs considerably over ~30000/- to ~45000/-.

#[member='N5233'] Yeah, H67 chipset does support overclocking, but since the suggested one is not a K series processor, you can't push it much. Also to enjoy overclocking and to be on a safer side you must invest in a good cooler like CM Hyper 212 evo around 2.5k. Stock intel coolers are not good.

As I already said, Budget is pretty rigid. So OCable config you suggested is out of consideration.

#[member='JuGGa'] Please suggest something in my budget. Can we cut costs on Proccy, GPU and Cabinet?

Also, are stock intel coolers very bad? My current rig's temp reaches above 120C while playing high graphics games. So do I need to buy an aftermarket cooler to keep CPU cool?

#[member='JuGGa'] Please suggest something in my budget. Can we cut costs on Proccy, GPU and Cabinet?

That is why we are urging you to wait till end of March / first week of April before purchasing anything. Be patient and you will get the same RIG for a slightly lesser pricing. But if you really want to cut down on things, then this is what I suggest --

Intel Core i5 2310 ~9000/-

MSi H67MA-E35 ~4800/- OR ASUS P8H61-M PRO ~3700/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x 1 1600MHz ~1700/-

AMD HD 6850 ~8500/-

Seasonic S12II 520W ~3700/-

Also, are stock intel coolers very bad? My current rig's temp reaches above 120C while playing high graphics games. So do I need to buy an aftermarket cooler to keep CPU cool?
Are you serious 120 degrees, that is dangerous friend and you cannot sustain those temperatures even for day-to-day operations. But as you are not over-clocking get yourself a decent thermal paste, reseat the stock Intel Heat Sink Fan as there have been a lot of these issues of late.

You can cut the proccy to i3 2100-6.2k and everything else is what you should get that's mentioned above.Also get a good ups if you're going for gpu above 10k,APC 1.1kva-4.5k or more.
As I already said, Budget is pretty rigid. So OCable config you suggested is out of consideration.

Yeah. I'm serious about the temps. I've reached 129C while playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. I can wait till first week of April. I've actually decided to buy the PC on 2nd or 3rd april. Is it Okay?

What is the performance difference between your rig and #[member='JuGGa'] 's rig?

You can cut the proccy to i3 2100-6.2k and everything else is what you should get that's mentioned above.Also get a good ups if you're going for gpu above 10k,APC 1.1kva-4.5k or more.

I currently have a 600VA supercomp UPS. is it enough?

Isn't i3-2100 a bit old? It was suggested to me on TE itself in last year's october.

Yeah. I'm serious about the temps. I've reached 129C while playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. I can wait till first week of April. I've actually decided to buy the PC on 2nd or 3rd april. Is it Okay?

What is the performance difference between your rig and #[member='JuGGa'] 's rig?

Well slightly slower clocked processer, the H67 chipset from MSi and H61 chipset from ASUS have fewer RAM slots, SATA ports and USB ports.

Also the graphics card is lower specification [HD 6850] vs. the HD 6870.

Rest performance is at par with the RIG suggested by JuGGa.

I currently have a 600VA supercomp UPS is it enough?

No you will need a APC 800VA UPS minimum.

Hope this clarifies the issues, Cheers!!

600va ups no good,while gaming if power cuts then your pc will be
<
,get the ups i have suggested above.

I currently have a 600VA supercomp UPS. is it enough?

Isn't i3-2100 a bit old? It was suggested to me on TE itself in last year's october.

Minimum 4k for good quality ups.
#[member='ALPHA17'] How much will the UPS cost? I'm already low on budget..
<

Back