[Gaming] Laptop, Desktop or Console?

evilwit

Disciple
Hii,

I want to create a gaming setup for myself but have some questions in my mind,so would like to discuss it with you guys.

BACKGROUND
I currently own a laptop which is a Dell Inspiron 1525(in mint condition with all hardware functioning properly except the DVD drive and too much scratches on the lid) and it mostly stays on my desk.
But sometimes i have to move it to my Dad's room to show him pics and other stuff and sometimes I like to use the laptop on couch or on my bed, but its very rare.I am new to gaming and don't know how long will this fever last as my mood fluctuates a lot.

USES OF THE DEVICE
Watching hd youtube videos,watching hd movies and playing games.

OPTIONS
OPTION 1
Get a powerfull laptop like ASUS G75VW(with 2 gigs of graphics card) ASUS -or G750JW- DB71 if it launches in August in India or Thailand or Lenevo y500 or y510p and add a external display with and game.And if i develop interest in gaming i will buy myself a PS3.But what i want to know is that can i play latest and upcoming games for atlesat 2 years in decent settings at 1080p?Will i be able to play at ultra settings at 1080p at decent frame rates with the laptops i have mentioned?Is very high setting decent to play at 24 or 27 inch moniter at 1080p?

OPTION 2
Get myself a desktop for 80k and don't buy a laptop.But will a desktop come in this range through which i can play games at ultra settings at 1080p?But my worry is that if i lost interest in gaming i will be left with powers with no use.

HELP pLEASE

Hii,

I want to create a gaming setup for myself but have some questions in my mind,so would like to discuss it with you guys.

BACKGROUND
I currently own a laptop which is a Dell Inspiron 1525(in mint condition with all hardware functioning properly except the DVD drive and too much scratches on the lid) and it mostly stays on my desk.
But sometimes i have to move it to my Dad's room to show him pics and other stuff and sometimes I like to use the laptop on couch or on my bed, but its very rare.I am new to gaming and don't know how long will this fever last as my mood fluctuates a lot.

USES OF THE DEVICE
Watching hd youtube videos,watching hd movies and playing games.

OPTIONS
OPTION 1
Get a powerfull laptop like ASUS G75VW(with 2 gigs of graphics card) ASUS -or G750JW- DB71 if it launches in August in India or Thailand or Lenevo y500 or y510p and add a external display with and game.And if i develop interest in gaming i will buy myself a PS3.But what i want to know is that can i play latest and upcoming games for atlesat 2 years in decent settings at 1080p?Will i be able to play at ultra settings at 1080p at decent frame rates with the laptops i have mentioned?Is very high setting decent to play at 24 or 27 inch moniter at 1080p?

OPTION 2
Get myself a desktop for 80k and don't buy a laptop.But will a desktop come in this range through which i can play games at ultra settings at 1080p?But my worry is that if i lost interest in gaming i will be left with powers with no use.

HELP pLEASE

Other options may be more convenient but if you have the money for a 80k gaming rig, there's no other viable choice. No other form of gaming will give you everything as a PC.

If indeed you lose interest, there's always the TE market to sell your products.

With 80k you have many options:

a. Get a full fledged desktop for that budget (sort of an overkill for the requirements you've posted)
b. Get a PS3 12GB Super Slim for 16k odd and invest the remaining 64k for the desktop
c. Get a X360 Slim for 15-16k, get it RGH modded and invest the remaining 64-65k for the desktop
d. Get a pre-modded used PS3 for 18-22k and invest the rest for the desktop
e. Get a pre-modded used X360 for 13-14k and invest the rest for the desktop
f. Get the X360, PS3 (modded or otherwise) and an entry-level PC which can play all the recent titles at acceptable frame rates.

Take your pick.

a. Get a full fledged desktop for that budget (sort of an overkill for the requirements you've posted)

thanks for the reply can a rig upto 60k with 24-27 in moniter fulfill my requirement?i want to play all the latest and upcoming games at ultra settings @ 1080p settings?if no how much budget do i need?thanks

Rather than focussing on spending your 80K on just one gaming rig, I'd suggest distribute it over all three PC, PS3 and Xbox360.

There are too many good titles exclusive to the consoles which PC cannot get you forget 1080p at 60FPS.

b. Get a PS3 12GB Super Slim for 16k odd and invest the remaining 64k for the desktop
c. Get a X360 Slim for 15-16k, get it RGH modded and invest the remaining 64-65k for the desktop
d. Get a pre-modded used PS3 for 18-22k and invest the rest for the desktop
e. Get a pre-modded used X360 for 13-14k and invest the rest for the desktop
f. Get the X360, PS3 (modded or otherwise) and an entry-level PC which can play all the recent titles at acceptable frame rates.

Take your pick.
I second this. Very good suggestion.
Also could you give us some values for this "decent frame rates"? 10-25? 25-30? 30-35? etc etc. Actually the term "decent" usually differ from one to another.

And there are ways of cutting down on costs. Not buying "gaming components/gears/peripherals" is a fine example. Getting a second-hand component is another option.
If, say, you buy a very expensive set-up but doesn't used always use it to its limit then I'd say it's useless.

Back