Budget 90k+ Gaming Laptops under 2L ?

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
Hi everyone. Gaming laptops are not really my strong suite. I wanted to know for a cousin of mine what all options are available in country apart from Lenovo's Y series line.

Work would mostly be the usual day-to-day of social media, a couple documents and gaming would be BattleField 4, Team Fortress 2, Rainbow Six Siege.

Mostly the laptop would be up and running for ~4 -->8 hours a day and be treated like a regular desktop with the option of being moved about (although no work on go).

Thank you all in advance and wish you folks a Happy and Prosperous Year ahead.

You havent mentioned your budget so considering it to be ∞(infinte) and depending on your needs a Razer blade pro or ROG GX700 Liquid cooled will be the best.

And its ultra cheap at 3-4 lakhs And another advice buy a new model AS SOON as it comes out or you will suffer from outdate fever

I wouldn't listen to this guy ^ if i were you. And Razer=shit. There are much better options than Razer products.
Asus Gl552JX CN009H. 71k mrp. 69k local.
There are also some MSI's. Just look up on some online stores.

You havent mentioned your budget so considering it to be ∞(infinte) and depending on your needs a Razer blade pro or ROG GX700 Liquid cooled will be the best.

And its ultra cheap at 3-4 lakhs And another advice buy a new model AS SOON as it comes out or you will suffer from outdate fever

Guys, I have had rather bad experiences with Razer peripherals would like to avoid their stuff as far as possible.

Also, RoG GX700 is not available in India. They had a recent enthusiast meet in Delhi, where they hinted at its release sometime in the future.

Rule of thumb, keep the budget under ~200,000/-.
I wouldn't listen to this guy ^ if i were you. And Razer=shit. There are much better options than Razer products.
Asus Gl552JX CN009H. 71k mrp. 69k local.
There are also some MSI's. Just look up on some online stores.

Yeah! I looked up, saw a couple of MSi offerings, the Ghost Pro and Stealth models look interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

More insights are always appreciated.

I had the time to speak to Rhyan in person recently. Let's just say things got interesting.

Thank you for all your time gents, my brother is most likely to pick up a Lenovo Y50 or an MSi Ghost series device unless something catches his eye in the America's.
Why dont you go for Apple MAC Book....

How do you expect to play BattleField 4 and Rainbow Six on that?

Why do you want to spend that much on a laptop which would be non upgradable... will have very less resale value and will last only 3-4 years at the max keeping up with the newer titles...
Why not build a killer desktop PC in the same budget... Now a days with AMDs new small form factor cards, it should be possible to build a small sized system which could help in portability too...
If I had the budget, I would probably build a killer desktop in about 1.5L~1.6L.. For remaining budget, I would get a PS4 for gaming and portability..
Just my 2 cents..

Why do you want to spend that much on a laptop which would be non upgradable... will have very less resale value and will last only 3-4 years at the max keeping up with the newer titles...
Why not build a killer desktop PC in the same budget... Now a days with AMDs new small form factor cards, it should be possible to build a small sized system which could help in portability too...
If I had the budget, I would probably build a killer desktop in about 1.5L~1.6L.. For remaining budget, I would get a PS4 for gaming and portability..
Just my 2 cents..

Read OP.

Yup I get it that its not for you but for your cousin.. But you could suggest it to him.. As I said its just a suggestion..
Since there are not so many options available in India and already others have suggested the ones which seem decent enough..
Anyways nothing more to add.. Best of luck with your purchase..

^ Sometimes, no matter how much you try to convince. It just does not pan out.

I am a longstanding member of TE, who pretty much built my first solo PC with advice from these folk. Was active for two years plus in the PC Building forums for the same reason.

When my cousin first contacted me, that was my first line of approach to him too. Buy a PC, get better performance and live tension free. Unfortunately he is smitten by the awesome yet impractical, gaming on the go bug so just doing my bit to get him the best he can get for his monies worth.

Why dont you go for Apple MAC Book....

LOL here we go again.
Why not build a killer desktop PC in the same budget...

While you are right about the resale value and performance, without going into the obvious explanation, nothing beats portability and gaming on the go. Which is why many people go for gaming laptops and why there is a big market for gaming laptops. 3-4 years is enough for a laptop imo. Even i plan to get one later. Probably an MSI Apache or Alienware 15.

been there, done that. I finally settled with a sort of portable mini ITX based desktop ( with 980GTX, i7, 32gb ram, 512SSD) and a macbook pro retina 15...best combo in my opinion.

^ @mutant Not everyone has that amount of patience man.

I saw your build and I myself have settled for a µATX build, I cannot argue with you on the power and value front but that build will not be a true a mobile solution. You need a display and I/O separate to go along with it.

Just check if the laptop provides thunderbolt port as external GPU can be also be added with that. Some laptops have native support some require hack job. This solution adds costs but keeps certain future proofing.

I had the time to speak to Rhyan in person recently. Let's just say things got interesting.

Thank you for all your time gents, my brother is most likely to pick up a Lenovo Y50 or an MSi Ghost series device unless something catches his eye in the America's.

How do you expect to play BattleField 4 and Rainbow Six on that?

I am really very sorry, I didn't read the entire message. I just saw the heading and replied.... :):)

Back