PC Peripherals Gaming Mouse Vs Normal Mouse

Is spending more money on gaming mouse worth unless you play online MP ?
What is the difference between a gaming mouse and normal mouse apart from the extra buttons (tech stuff)?

I have a logitech mouse , the box says 1000 dpi , Is it good for gaming ? ( I'm doing good in counter strike )

challapradyumna said:
What is the difference between a gaming mouse and normal mouse apart from the extra buttons (tech stuff)?

Those buttons are the exact reason I love a gaming mouse for. I use the 2 side buttons on my mouse for reload and grenade throwing in FPS/TPS titles. In RPG's though one of the side buttons turn into my location/map key. :)

challapradyumna said:
About the 1000 dpi is it good enough??

that depends on ur sensitivity in game 1000 dpi is enough if you play on low/mid sensi ..
are you talking about your m100 logitech mouse which has 1000dpi ??

i myself use logitech m100 and razer goliathus mousepad , deadly and cheap combo ..
so far so good and me also doing good in counter strike ..

A good gaming mouse will have higher sensitivity and DPI. Which means.. you can do more with less mouse movement. Which when coupled with a decent mouse pad like Goliathus can deliver good gaming experience.

Also, not that it matters.. but After I switched to Deathadder, the speed at which I operate my desktop has increased dramatically.

Yeah, get a Razer DeathAdder and Goliathus Pad Medium (Control). I have them with me, and I liked it very much. Pretty comfortable and feels too good in FPS Games. Razer DeathAdder will cost you around Rs 2.2k, and Goliathus Medium Control around Rs 500. It has high accuracy and includes excellent customization software, and two responsive thumb-side buttons for righties only. The Razer Pad too is too perfect, feels very smooth.

Adorable product. Best mice and pad I have for now :)

Hmm heres my take on this.

Last month my good 'ol trusty MX518 went bad on me. It just stopped working out of the blue. Till now im using a cheap USB mouse and the following is my inference.

The MX518 is almost twice as accurate as my normal USB mouse, atleast it was in the beginning. After a month of extended usage my K/D ratio is back up where it was with the MX518. But this does not mean my 200 wala USB mouse is better than a 1.6k G400 or 1.9k Deathadder . I do miss changing my DPI on the fly [for CQW and LR combat] and the extra coupla buttons which helps fragging and secondary firearm switching that much easier.

So the idea is, get a gaming mouse within 2k [Mx518, G400 (1000hz polling-better], Deathadder] it really helps u hone ur accuracy. But just like anything the mouse is a tool, its ur skill that really matters.

P.S 1000 DPI is more than enough given that the pros really play with 200-800 DPI. But it all comes down to your play / grip style. If u are the frantic, borderline-meth-head-twitcher with a claw then u need a minimum of 1800 dpi, if u play methodically with calculated moves with a palm then anything below 1800 will do just fine.

The extra buttons are invaluable once you get used to them. First used them for Crysis -CLoak & Strenght and then for Dota. Was really good. Gaming mouse has better ergonomics, the DPI part is only of some importance. My 5200dpi capable imperator is always at 2000 fixed. I don't think humans can control the pointer on 5200dpi setting. :)

I would say invest in a 1k odd gaming mouse than go with regular one. If you can spend higher, well, then get the Logi G500

Also.. while performing day to day operations, having a high DPI mouse will help if you have a big monitor. I am using a 32" flat panel. Doing things are lot easier now.

Gaming mouse adds a standard to the way you operate. High DPIs mean low sensitivity and good precision, definitely required if u hv a high resolution monitor. I preferably use 2000dpi, hvn't quite used my 3500dpi option in DeathAdder. Gaming mouse adds to comfortability and feels nicer :)

I have a Logitech MX518(1800 dpi) and the extra dpi adds to your use. For testing I switched back to my Microsoft standard wired mouse and it feels simply terrible now. But I would like to mention, getting a gaming mouse will not make a you pro gamer any soon, I was thinking of same but realized this when my friend(who is a pro gamer) beat me in the game with his normal mouse

i 2nd the death adder and gaming mousepads.

you can certainly feel the difference specially in FPS MP online games that require quick responses.

go for death adder. i got it for 1845 from letsbuy with 10% off coupon.

go get a gaming mousepad too and use the 500 off 2500 coupon and get a good bargain dude

Back