'Gaming' Mousepad question + Recommendation

letmein

Adept
Hey guys,

I've been using a Steelseries Qck mousepad for the past 1.5 years. Before that I was using a Razer Goliathus that I bought nearly 8 years ago (in 2011 IIRC).

The 'material' on the Steelseries has been sort of 'deteriorating'? I don't know if that the right word for it, but please check the attached picture. The big oval is where I mostly move the mouse, the smaller oval towards the bottom of the pad is where I rest part of my hand.

Is this normal? This is the first time I'm experiencing something like this. It looks effing ugly. Is this the same with other mousepads as well, or did I get a bad batch? If it is an exception, any recommendations for other pads which DON't do this?

unnamed.jpg

I've used QCK+ and heavy for a couple of years, the rubber base started disintegrating eventually but I didn't experience such discolouration.
P.S. I don't spend 1k+ on mousepads anymore, bought a Redgear one 2 years ago and haven't looked back.

I have purchased 2 Steelseries Qck in 2017 which lasted only 2 to 3 months.
Then one of friend suggest for Redgear MP35 in Sept 2017, till now I am using this mouse its totally VFM

I have been using Roccat Taito for years. Except for the burn i made ,, the mouse pad works really lovely. Its does come off at the edges.. not a big a problem.

That mousepad costs more than my mouse and keyboard combined lol. I'm still using this mousepad i got included with a dragonwar thor mouse long back around 4 years ago (not using that mouse anymore tho). It so far does it job aside from one time where i had to glue it's ends so it wouldn't peel off. Buy the redgear one which cypher suggested, many of my friends are using it.

I've honestly been using a Steelseries Sims4 mousepad which I got for 150 bucks on Amazon, been eyeing one of those huge ones on Aliexpress. 900x400mm kinds, for 600-800 bucks, they seem like a deal and a half.

I bought a steelseries SIM mousepad , you know the one which is white and has a picture os SIMs on it , while there's been no change in the colours it occasionally gets dirty , I just wash it regularly , the white part at the bottom is now slowly starting to change its colours but that's a given i guess after 3 years of use , plus I bought a white mousepad so this is something that was eventually going to happen

Back