Budget 41-50k Gaming PC 50k Max(Excluding the Monitor)

Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
I have an XPS 1540 on its death bed

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
My DA and keyboard

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU Ivy bridge (Is it going to be up for sale soon?)
GPU 7870/7850

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
I ll get a 22 incher in some time

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
May get the Proccy and GPU from US

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Do not want to buy XYZ company product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic
NA

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
FPS
FIFA
NFS

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - 1280x728
Desktop - 1440x900

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit

This is what I suggest @koltkommando --

Intel Core i5 3550 ~12900/- [not aware of US pricing]
ASUS P8H77-M PRO OR Intel DH77-KC ~9500/- OR 7000/- [not aware of US pricing]
Corsair XMS3 OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 ~3500/-
AMD HD 7870 2GB OR nVidia GTX 670 ~22000/- OR 30000/- [not aware of US pricing]
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~5500/-
Samsung / LG OEM DVD drive ~1000/-
Corsair TX V2 650W ~5600/-
Corsair Carbide 400R ~5000/-
APC BR1.1KVA-IN ~4800/-

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use the config that I am getting:

Processor: Core i5 2400k -- Rs. 9,500
Motherboard: Intel Dh67BL -- Rs 5,500
HDD: Seagate 1TB barracuda hard drive 7200rpm -- Rs. 5,300
RAM: Corsair/Gskill 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333 MHz FSB -- Rs, 2,200
Graphic card: AMD HD 7850 2GB DDR5 -- Rs. 15,500
Monitor: Samsung 20" LED widescreen (1600x900) -- Rs. 6,300
Cabinet: NZXT Gamma with 2 extra LED fans -- Rs. 3,500
SMPS: Corsair 500W -- Rs, 3,500
Keyboard & Mouse: Logitech standard Rs, 650
DVD: Samsung R/W Rs. 950
Speaker: Creative 2.1 -- Rs. 1,250

All the above should come to around 50K.

You can use the config that I am getting:

Processor: Core i5 2400k -- Rs. 9,500
HDD: Seagate 1TB barracuda hard drive 7200rpm -- Rs. 5,300
RAM: Corsair/Gskill 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333 MHz FSB -- Rs, 2,200
Monitor: Samsung 20" LED widescreen (1600x900) -- Rs. 6,300
SMPS: Corsair 500W -- Rs, 3,500

Well there are few differences between your needs and kolt's -- you needed a complete system in your budget of ~50000/-, OP doesn't need a monitor in his specified budget and might source his components from the US where prices are better vis-á-vis Indian street pricing.

Apart from the above I have emboldened a few of your components --
  • There is no processor called the Core i5 2400k, it is the Core i5 2400.
  • Which version of the Seagate Barracuda are you getting; is it the 7200.12 [OLD] OR the newer 7200.14?
  • Why are you going for RAM clocked @1333MHz, 1600MHz modules will be much better for your gaming duties.
  • Instead of the Samsung B2033N monitor, go for the Dell IN2030M [they are of comparable pricing].
  • If you are buying the Corsair CX V2 500W; I say change it for the Seasonic S12II 520W. The CX [builder series] SMPS is not recommended for gaming RIG's, although the CX V2 430W was in completely another league of performance its elder siblings aren't worth it.

Alpha Ivy bridge is up for sale in India or what ???
And about the warranty issues regarding proccy and gpu that if i source it from US. Will that be an issue ???
I think i may settle for a NZXT Gamma
This is what I suggest @koltkommando --

Intel Core i5 3550 ~12900/- [not aware of US pricing]
ASUS P8H77-M PRO OR Intel DH77-KC ~9500/- OR 7000/- [not aware of US pricing]
Corsair XMS3 OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 ~3500/-
AMD HD 7870 2GB OR nVidia GTX 670 ~22000/- OR 30000/- [not aware of US pricing]
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~5500/-
Samsung / LG OEM DVD drive ~1000/-
Corsair TX V2 650W ~5600/-
Corsair Carbide 400R ~5000/-
APC BR1.1KVA-IN ~4800/-

Last edited by a moderator:
Alpha Ivy bridge is up for sale in India?
And about the warranty issues regarding proccy and gpu that if i source it from US. Will that be an issue?
I think i may settle for a NZXT Gamma

Yes Ivy-Bridge processors are available in India, from these portals; SMC International and hardwire.in.

About the processor, no issues as Intel honours an international warranty on all its products; I am not so sure about the graphics card as it varies from company to company. I think only EVGA is the player in the Indian market that honours international warranty on its line-up of nVidia GPU's.

That is perfectly fine, please note you will need to outfit it with 2 x120mm fans to setup an effective airflow.

I bumped into Hybrid HDisk. Is it worth buying???. I believe they are just 10 sec slower than the SSD's.
And yeah ALPHA can i cut down my budget by few grands??? I have plans to play the new releases on Full setting.
Darn I missed lots of action in the past few years :(

Yes Ivy-Bridge processors are available in India, from these portals; SMC International and hardwire.in.

About the processor, no issues as Intel honours an international warranty on all its products; I am not so sure about the graphics card as it varies from company to company. I think only EVGA is the player in the Indian market that honours international warranty on its line-up of nVidia GPU's.

That is perfectly fine, please note you will need to outfit it with 2 x120mm fans to setup an effective airflow.

I bumped into Hybrid HDisk. Is it worth buying? I believe they are just 10 sec slower than the SSD's.
And yeah ALPHA can i cut down my budget by few grands??? I have plans to play the new releases on Full setting.

What is the pricing of these and are they available in India?

I think performance of Hybrid HDD's is not as great as they paint it to be; most applications will still load slowly, simply because of their larger size. Serious doubt about its impact on Windows performance too.

By how much do you want to cut down on the platform. Look, please don't expect miracles from me [pertaining to pricing, I have 0 influence on this].

Hope I did not sound rude, Cheerio!!

What is the pricing of these and are they available in India?

I think performance of Hybrid HDD's is not as great as they paint it to be; most applications will still load slowly, simply because of their larger size. Serious doubt about its impact on Windows performance too.

By how much do you want to cut down on the platform. Look, please don't expect miracles from me [pertaining to pricing, I have 0 influence on this].

Hope I did not sound rude, Cheerio!!

Thanks mate
So far I had told my friend to get me a EVGA 670 2gb 2672 part no: and an ivy bridge 3550 proccy
If I am to get a budget friendly ssd what would be it ?

Back