Budget 41-50k Gaming PC for the above budget

mkamalr

Disciple
Processor: Core i5 2500 3.3 ghz 64 bit
Motherboard: Intel Dh67BL with 8 Ch sound, 32 GB RAM support, additional graphic card slot
HDD: Seagate 1TB 7200 rpm
RAM: Kingston/Corsair/Gskill 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333 MHz FSB (the above motherboard only support max 1333 Mhz FSB)
Graphic card: Zotac/Palit GTX 560 2GB DDR5
Monitor: Samsung 22" LED full HD widescreen
Cabinet: Circle with 3 cabinet fans
SMPS: VIP Gold 500W/Corsair 450W
Keyboard & Mouse: Logitech std
speaker: Creative 2.0

Please suggest the indicative price for this config.. Also review the config and help me optimize it... my budget is 45k max...

Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

Don't have a PC. Have a laptop for work only.

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

NA

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

Processor: Core i5 2500 3.3 ghz 64 bit
Motherboard: Intel Dh67BL with 8 Ch sound, 32 GB RAM support, additional graphic card slot
HDD: Seagate 1TB 7200 rpm
RAM: Kingston/Corsair/Gskill 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333 MHz FSB (the above motherboard support max 1333 Mhz FSB)
Graphic card: Zotac/Palit GTX 560 2GB DDR5
Monitor: Samsung 20" LED widescreen 1600x900 resolution
Cabinet: Circle with 3 fans
SMPS: VIP Gold 500W/Corsair 450W
Keyboard & Mouse: Logitech std
speaker: Creative 2.0

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Final for now

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Mumbai
Don't want to purchase online. Can't assemble it myself. Will need professional help

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

HD Gaming only

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

Don't want to buy any gigabyte product. Have had more than one embarrassment..

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

Battlefield 3, Mirror's edge, Call of duty, Hitman absolution, all in HD and full settings.

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1920x1080

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 64 bit

ComponentMakePrice
CPUCore i5-240010875
MotherboardIntel DH67CL5650
RAMG.Skill Value 4GB DDR31150
GPURadeon HD 785015200
Optical DriveAsus DRW-24B3ST1130
CaseNZXT Source 210 Elite2400
PSUSeaSonic S12 II 6204620
MonitorBenQ G2222HDL7500
KB + MouseLogitech G1001560
Total50085

OR

ComponentMakePrice
CPUAMD Phenom II 960T6960
CPU CoolerCM Hyper 212 EVO2200
MotherboardGigabyte GA-970A-UD36600
RAMG.Skill RipjawsX 4GB DDR31600
GPURadeon HD 785015200
Optical DriveAsus DRW-24B3ST1130
CaseNZXT Source 210 Elite2400
PSUSeaSonic S12 II 6204620
MonitorBenQ G2222HDL7500
KB + MouseLogitech G1001560
Total49770

iittopper: The GFX card u quote is more expensive than GTX 560.. For SMPS.. I wanted corsair or may be cooler master.. Need at least 8GBs of RAM.. I can compromise on the monitor size to cut costs.. as I already have a 32" Full HD TV.. The prices you quote are a bit on the higher side..

Mac.rock7: Can you pl guide as to what it may cost me? Is Circle an i-ball brand? Seemed quite impressive to me when I checked it out firsthand.. huge space with 3 fans... two on top and one on side..

iittopper: The GFX card u quote is more expensive than GTX 560.. For SMPS.. I wanted corsair or may be cooler master.. Need at least 8GBs of RAM.. I can compromise on the monitor size to cut costs.. as I already have a 32" Full HD TV.. The prices you quote are a bit on the higher side..

Mac.rock7: Can you pl guide as to what it may cost me? Is Circle an i-ball brand? Seemed quite impressive to me when I checked it out firsthand.. huge space with 3 fans... two on top and one on side..

To tag people you place an @ before their ID's, e.g., @iittopper.

This is the RIG I suggest you --

Intel Core i5 2400 ~11500/-
Intel DH67-BL ~5500/-
G.Skill RIPJAWS OR Corsair XMS3 4GB x2 1600MHz modules ~3400/-
HIS HD 7850 OR Sapphire HD 7850 2GB ~15000/- [this card will beat the GTX 560 easily]
LG / Samsung OEM DVD drive ~1000/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB OR 500GB ~5500/- OR 4000/-
Seasonic S12II 520W ~3800/-
NZXT Gamma ~2600/-

A few things that you can get later --
  • A dedicated monitor for your RIG, as you already mentioned that you have a 32" TV.
  • Add a few fans later to the Gamma, as it only comes with a single rear-exhaust 120mm fan.
  • Do not compromise on the cabinet OR SMPS to save money, avoid Indian brands like VIP, Zebronics, iBall in the market as their SMPS are overrated and very poor efficiency with more OR less no safety features like OVP, ripple suppression.
  • Same goes for their cabinets; they are poorly designed Chinese OEM pieces with a complete lack of finish, there are sharp edges that can cut you, lack of tool-less design principle and nothing worth being termed as an Airflow.
  • Head-to-head benchrun between the AMD HD 7870 2GB and GTX 560.

Hope this helps and happy gaming.

Last edited by a moderator:

This is what i suggest you

1. Intel Core i5 2400 Quad Core Processor - Rs. 10,875
2. Intel Desktop Motherboard DH67CL - Rs. 5,627
3. CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10 - Rs. 3,707 or Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB CML8GX3M2A1333C9 - Rs. 2,871
4. ASUS GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II Graphic Card - Rs. 14,820
5. Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 SMPS - Rs. 5,350 or Corsair Enthusiast VX450 Series CMPSU-450VXUK - Rs. 3,600

Hope this help.

Cheers.

Intel Desktop Motherboard DH67CL - Rs. 5,627
ASUS GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II Graphic Card - Rs. 14,820
Corsair Enthusiast VX450 Series CMPSU-450VXUK - Rs. 3,600

What is the point of recommending an Intel DH67-CL over the Intel DH67-BL?

The AMD HD 7850 2GB is a better buy at that price point, consumes lesser power and performs at par and outpaces the nVidia card in almost all aspects.

The Corsair VX series SMPS have been taken out of production and circulation.

@ALPHA17: The comparison is unfair as I am going for a Zotac version of GTX 560 with 2GBs of DDR5 video RAM.. the comparison one has 1GB of VRAM.. Agree on the cabinet and SMPS part.. What about Cooler Master elite series of cabinets.. My just tryng to cut some corners for my budget.. Is Circle an Indian brand?? Doesn't seem so by the look and make of it..

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

@Mac.rock7: Is DH67CL any different from DH67BL? Will it be able to house GTX 560 2GB DDR5 card without any issues?
Also, I am looking for 2x4GB (1333 Mhz) RAM as the DH67 series does not support anything beyond 1333 Mhz.. I was trying to keep within 45K.. so I thought... GTX 560 was an economical option...

@ALPHA17: The comparison is unfair as I am going for a Zotac version of GTX 560 with 2GBs of DDR5 video RAM.. the comparison one has 1GB of VRAM.

What about Cooler Master elite series of cabinets. My just tryng to cut some corners for my budget.

Is DH67CL any different from DH67BL?

Also, I am looking for 2x4GB (1333 Mhz) RAM as the DH67 series does not support anything beyond 1333 Mhz..

It will not matter whether the GTX 560 [non-Ti] even if it has 4GB of V-RAM on the board, the card is old, power hungry and thus the HD 7850 beats it fair and square. This is to clarify that the amount of V-RAM on a graphics card doesn't dictate how well it shall perform until you are going for a multi-monitor set-up.

If you want to go for the Cooler Master eLite series nothing less than the eLite 430 Black ~2800/- will do. Also the cable management and airflow principles are not as refined as is the case with NZXT Gamma. Also, you are in Bombay NZXT products are available at the most favourable rates.

There is no difference between the two motherboard apart from that DH67-BL, is µATX and the -CL is a full-ATX motherboard. Even the feature and layout of components is same-same.

Although Sandy-Bridge processors and chipsets [P67 / Z68 / H67] are supportive of only upto ~1333MHz modules, I recommend that you go for 1600MHz modules, because of these articles -- Anandtech and Xbit Labs.

Sandy Bridge's improved memory controller has all but eliminated the need for extreme memory bandwidth, at least for this architecture. It's only when you get down to DDR3-1333 that you see a minor performance penalty. The sweet spot appears to be at DDR3-1600, where you will see a minor performance increase over DDR3-1333 with only a slight increase in cost. The performance increase gained by going up to DDR3-1866 or DDR3-2133 isn't nearly as pronounced.

We also found that memory bandwidth does scale with CPU clock speed; however, it still doesn't translate into any meaningful real-world performance. The sweet spot still appears to be DDR3-1600. All of the extra performance gained by overclocking almost certainly comes from the CPU overclock itself and not from the extra memory bandwidth.

Finally, although the effects of low latency memory can be seen in our bandwidth tests, they don't show any real world advantage over their higher latency (ahem, cheaper) counterparts.

@ALPHA17: Can you suggest a good GFX card for 12k or less... I am not going to use multi-display ever.. so I can do with less VRAM right?

@ALPHA17: Can you suggest a good GFX card for 12k or less... I am not going to use multi-display ever.. so I can do with less VRAM right?

How long do you want to keep this system?

Because if you want it to have a life-span of atleast 3 years nothing below the HD 7850 will be practical. Whether you indulge in a multi-monitor set-up OR not; games are just so demanding these days.

I am going to use it for at least 3-4 years.. But I don't want to exceed 45Ks for this machine for the simple reason that I might have to upgrade a component or two in 2 years from now..

I am going to use it for at least 3-4 years.. But I don't want to exceed 45Ks for this machine for the simple reason that I might have to upgrade a component or two in 2 years from now..

If that is going to mean a 22" OR above monitor then you seriously need to buy atleast the HD 7850 2GB simply because --
  • The nVidia GTX 560 is a 1[SUP]1[/SUP]/[SUB]2[/SUB] year old design, at the end of its ropes and past its prime.
  • The newer AMD card although more expensive than the nVidia card has just begun its product life-cycle and will be at the forefront till atleast the end of this year after which it shall start showing signs of ageing.
  • The AMD card is also more power efficient than the nVidia card.

Prices have spiked because of the $$ rates going :jumpy: but that is something we cannot control, give yourself some more time, see if nVidia releases the GTX 660Ti sooner than later. It just might start another price war with the HD 78** series.

I leave the final choice to you Kamal, do whatever suitsyou. Cheerio!!

The AMD HD 7850 2GB is a better buy at that price point, consumes lesser power and performs at par and outpaces the nVidia card in almost all aspects.

The Corsair VX series SMPS have been taken out of production and circulation.

Mate i understand. But he didn't want to go for AMD7850. So we can suggest him with his budget in GTX card.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

@Mac.rock7: Is DH67CL any different from DH67BL? Will it be able to house GTX 560 2GB DDR5 card without any issues?
Also, I am looking for 2x4GB (1333 Mhz) RAM as the DH67 series does not support anything beyond 1333 Mhz.. I was trying to keep within 45K.. so I thought... GTX 560 was an economical option...

Yaa. It's different and it can take a load of any GTX card. If you want higher Mhz support ram MOB than go for
Asrock H77 Pro4-MVP Motherboard - Rs. 7,200.00
Asus M5A88-M Motherboard - Rs. 5,978.00
AMD FX-4100 Quad Core Processor - Rs. 7,155

Hope this help.

Cheers.

Mate i understand. But he didn't want to go for AMD7850. So we can suggest him with his budget in GTX card.

Okay mate to put it in your words --
ASUS GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II Graphic Card - Rs. 14,820

you are inflating the prices of the GTX 560Ti, you get the card ~12900/- -->13900/-. Assuming OP is willing to pay ~14000/- for the GTX 560Ti, why not invest in the AMD HD 7850 2GB instead --
  1. It is a newer product, also performs better than the GTX 560Ti.
  2. built on the 28nm fabrication process, it dissipates lesser heat and powers down to lower power states; thus it will not be wrong to call it more efficient.
  3. being a newer card it will be a more "future proof" option for OP

Hope this clarifies my stand.

Can you suggest a good GFX card for 12k or less... I am not going to use multi-display ever.. so I can do with less VRAM right?

If you stick with GTX then go for GTX 560 non TI or go for
Sapphire HD 7770 Edition GHz Graphic Card. They both have the same price and the price of GPU is Rs. 10,560 only.
Hope this help.

Back