Gaming PC in budget of 36k

you shud buy a CM GX450. GX-450W - Cooler Master

cooleagle is talking about CMGX550 - u don't need it and that costs 4.5k..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

also comparing the build quality of a Seasonic 520W to a CM GX is - for the lack of a better word - weird.

At 4.0GHz + HD5850 - Powerconsumption of the whole system under full load is - 280Watts.

Phenom II X4 970 BE 3.50 GHz Review - Page 12/13 | techPowerUp

Your system will never take this much power coz u probably wont reach 4.0GHz and you're using a

graphic card that is almost half of HD5850 - so half the power requirement too.

Even if you somehow manage to consume 280 watts - your PSU still has 100 more watts to offer you.

This is getting boring. Last post in this thread... tatazzzz!

$$lIoNkInG$$ said:
So when u said CM 550W is bad u did mean GX550??

GX550 is BAD??!?!?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :D

No man I didn't comment anything on CM GX550 for that matter, other than the post you just quoted. CM GX450 is bad... & moreover I said so.... Both sound like jokes to me. :D

Infact here's the poster you must be talking with. :bleh:

baccilus said:
Don't buy the Coolermaster 550W SMPS. It is really bad. The one at PrimeABGB is good. If they don't have any other, then get one from someone else and tell them you already have it.

$$lIoNkInG$$ said:
and no that wasn't the 1 she was talking bout!!! :D

Yeah man that's why I wasn't sure which one Xena was talking about. I thought CM GX550, but was puzzled to know it was available near the price of Seasonic S II 520W. :)

cooleagle - yeah i screwed up - sorry for that!! :(

@she wasnt talking bout gx 550 - that post too was for baccilus.

anyways GX 450 is not bad - Ive personally tested a whole bunch of CM PSU's with this config -

Phenom II X2 555 (Unlocked to X4)

M4A89GTD PRO / 790FXTA UD5

G. Skill Ripjaws X

Sapphire HD 5770 Flex edition.

CM eP 460 / GX 550 /GX 750

^^ On various occasions while overclocking with LN2.... 6.2(GB)/6.3(Asus)GHz each time..

Also done a lot of testing on air with CM eP350(Yes, Im not proud of it)/eP500 etc... its all good... never had an issue ever...

$$lIoNkInG$$ said:
cooleagle - Sorry again dude - that was so not for you!! :(

Itz fine dude . . .

And CM GX450W is a good PSU.

:)

Xena said:
@ cooleagle : i am impress by your indepth research and suggestion ...
Thank you for the appreciation . . . :)

Xena said:
Hmm i will buy sapphire hd 6770 , and about psu , you didn't mention which of gx or ex series coolmaster has 2xpci e 4+2 ...
i am still thinking about mobo ...
Asus Mobo will do if it fits your budget, if not go ahead with Gigabyte mobo.

Xena said:
But will coolmaster gx450watt be able to handle my graphic card and four fans and 4 hdd ...

Yup it will be able to handle it so buy it if it fits in your budget. Otherwise get the Seasonic S II 520W.
-But please tell me that you are going to buy your PC in December, cause there could be price fluctuations if you delay it too much. :eek:hyeah:
-As the current config then may cost more or even maybe less, but if its more then again you'll be stuck. So you better decide soon or leave it on luck. :bleh: :bleh:

@ cooleagle , lionking , vaibhav1 , chessmaster , baccilus , thegatekeeper : i have finalised my pc , yup i wil be buying pc in march ...
Just little changes , i will be going for asus if it fits my budget , else i wil buy gigabyte ...
I will seasonic or cm , whichever is cheap ...

Sorry not march , i will buy in december , n upgrade it with 4gb more ram n cpu cooler in march ...

Can anyone tel me whats rma ?

Will i be able to play games in low resolution in benq e2220hd ...

Xena said:
@ cooleagle , lionking , vaibhav1 , chessmaster , baccilus , thegatekeeper : i have finalised my pc , yup i wil be buying pc in march ...

Just little changes , i will be going for asus if it fits my budget , else i wil buy gigabyte ...

Sorry not march , i will buy in december , n upgrade it with 4gb more ram n cpu cooler in march ...

Can anyone tel me whats rma ?

Will i be able to play games in low resolution in benq e2220hd ...

RMA stands for Return Merchandise Authorization, it means when any of your product is gone for repair/replacement or if not available then you get refund money if product is under warranty and not functioning properly.

Xena said:

Do tell us when you buy.... & post some pics of your PC too . . . :)

Hi,

Sorry to hijack this thread, i'm buying a new comp with a p2 x4 960t processor.

I need a decent motherboard which can unlock a 960t to 6 core. (i know there's only 30% chance of unlocking but i dont mind the risk)

So far i've considered gigabyte 880gm usb3 which is around 4-4.5k. Can that unlock a 960t ?

(if not please suggest any alternate mobo (reliable one) which can unlock / oc a 960t within 4k or 5k max.)

I would suggest you to open a new thread & fill up the buying template to get better response.
<

Back