Gaming PC in budget of 36k

RAM to CPU data transfer speed - 1 X 4GB - 10.7GB/s | 2 X 2GB - 21.4GB/s. Basically this leads to about 7% performance gain at about 200/- more.

960T is 1000/- more than 955 ....

@Graphic Card - Your call, although with some very elementary overclocking you can up your HD6750's performance to the level of HD6770/HD6790...

so paying extra for these 2 cards dont make much sense...

i have read a article recently that Dual channel is better than single channel.
If you are confused then think of it as a single channel as single lane road(vehilcle move to and fro) and double channel as double lane road (one for to and another for fro motion of vehicles).
So obviously the later one is favoured as it is systematic and there is seperate channel for input and output.
Hope it cleared your doubt and this type of arrangement is beneficial in gaming.

Get 6770 cause it can also be OC and dont go for 6750.
6770 is far better than 6750 ie by +10fps or more.

Guys based on your personal expirence is there any notable difference in games any +fps.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

By using DUAl channel RAM

Sapphire HD 6770 FleX Edition Review - Overclockers Club
This review might clear your doubt.

I would say buy logitech keyboards the iballs have poor finishing on the keys and keys are pretty plasticky , good mouse for gaming at the least is the logitech optical mouse or microsoft basic mouse , if looking for a gaming low budget mouse you have the gigabyte gm-600 shld be around 600-650 bucks.

@ lionking , sukant and nishu : thanks for your input , well dual channel memory seems good way to go but how wil i upgrade my pc to 16gb ram if i use 2x2gb ram , there are only four slots in ga880gm usb3 ...
Yup i wanna go with 6770 , i don't know about OC so...
Yaa logitech mouse and keyboard also seems good way to go ...
How much back-up does apc 750va gives ?...
Me and my friend will be going to buy pc , can we bring it comfortably or i need to take third person also ...
No one is here from mumbai or wat ?

Xena said:
@ lionking , sukant and nishu : thanks for your input , well dual channel memory seems good way to go but how wil i upgrade my pc to 16gb ram if i use 2x2gb ram , there are only four slots in ga880gm usb3 ...

Yup i wanna go with 6770 , i don't know about OC so...

Yaa logitech mouse and keyboard also seems good way to go ...

Me and my friend will be going to buy pc , can we bring it comfortably or i need to take third person also ...

Buy from E-Lounge located at 3rd floor in same building as PRimeABGB (TheITWares) its good shop will give u best price, or SamVik @ first floor tara temple lane SamVik is dealer of AMD only....

16GB ram mate?

For gaming you will definitely not require 16 gigs of ram IMO.

Yes, if you letter on plan to work with softwares like photoshop, VMware, More amount of ram may come handy. But for gaming, Movies, normal desktop usage and some programming 4 gigs DDR3 is awesome enough. (Max if you are not convinced and your budget allows 8 gigs)

So IMO stick with 4 gigs dual channel (2X2) (1333MHz) memory right now mate. If your usage requires to increase, then letter on do it.

Okk , but what if i go for 2x4gb instead of 2x2gb ( i mean i will take 4gb nw , n remaining 4gb in april )... Will it give me speed of 21.4gb/s then...

Xena - Yes ofcourse you can go for 4gb later on. you just need 2 sticks of any capacity(1gb,2gb,4gb,8gb) to get 21.4gb/s bandwidth.
Also dual channel ram will be specifically very important for FEA Analysis/Meshing etc.. These are ram & core specific workloads...

Xena - Yes ofcourse you can go for 4gb later on. you just need 2 sticks of any capacity(1gb,2gb,4gb,8gb) to get 21.4gb/s bandwidth.

Also dual channel ram will be specifically very important for FEA Analysis/Meshing etc.. These are ram & core specific workloads...

ChessMaster said:
Buy from E-Lounge located at 3rd floor in same building as PRimeABGB (TheITWares) its good shop will give u best price, or SamVik @ first floor tara temple lane SamVik is dealer of AMD only....

Buy from SamVik eyes closed - If you're going to buy AMD in Bombay thats the place to buy from!

Xena said:

You won't need 16GB ram for in your case, but only if u intend to do very high end graphics processing in future then you'll need to do a lot changes viz. better PSU, better GPU, etc etc.

Xena said:
2.3 Minute 450W Full-load
11.3 Minute 225W Half-load (Source)
Typically enough time to allow you to save your work and shut down the system safely.

Xena said:

Depends on your weight lifting capacity . . . !! :p
Since Vasai is quite far off from Lamington Road you can ask your third friend to tag along . . .

Hope it helps. :)

@ lionking : please give me detailed address ... I only know to come at grant road station by churchgate local , after that go to east and you find many pc stores ... So tel me from which road i have to go to reach itware , primeabgb etc ...

@ cooleagle : well i have got good weight lifting capacity , but still i will tag my third friend ...

Guys , i am hearing that xfx brand give lifetime waranty but sapphire gives only two years waranty ...
Which is better ? sapphire or xfx ...

does itware or primeabgb gives discount , if we buy whole computer from them ....

Xena said:
@ lionking : please give me detailed address ... I only know to come at grant road station by churchgate local , after that go to east and you find many pc stores ... So tel me from which road i have to go to reach itware , primeabgb etc ...

@ cooleagle : well i have got good weight lifting capacity , but still i will tag my third friend ...

Guys , i am hearing that xfx brand give lifetime waranty but sapphire gives only two years waranty ...
Which is better ? sapphire or xfx ...

does itware or primeabgb gives discount , if we buy whole computer from them ....
Hi tomarrow i will be going to grant road to get new motherboard i can show u ITwares and PrimeABGB message me on my cell i ill pm u my number

Xena said:
please give me detailed address ... I only know to come at grant road station by churchgate local , after that go to east and you find many pc stores ... So tel me from which road i have to go to reach itware , primeabgb etc

Here's a map which will help you.

[Tinypic-How to reach Lamington road Map.png]

[Postimage-How to reach Lamington road Map.jpg]

Xena said:
itware or primeabgb gives discount , if we buy whole computer from them ....
You should bargain . . . ;)

Hope it Helps. :)

Thanks cooleagle and chessmaster ... I got the address ...

@ cooleagle : xfx or sapphire ?

Xena - Sapphire & XFX both are equally good quality & performance wise. If you want better looks & want to pay higher for that go for XFX else buy Sapphire.

Also lifetime warranty in any brand has a very little star on top of it. So don't count on that.

Xena said:
Thanks cooleagle and chessmaster ... I got the address ...

@ cooleagle : xfx or sapphire ?

Take which fits your budget and makes sense, don't go by any flashy deals which say 'lifetime warranty' ...

Sapphire will also do the job . . . Save some money there and maybe get a headphones for your PC. :)

Hope it helps.

Do post some unboxing & assembling pictures if you are going to assemble the PC components on your own . . . :)

@ cooleagle : i went to lamington road today , i visited two shops ,
1> primeabgb
2> Nxt step technologies

i first went to slimlim square and visited primeabgb,

prices at primeabgb:
asus m5a88m and amd phenom 2 x4 955 be - 11.7k
Corsair 4Gb Vengeance 1600mhz - 1.6k
NZXT 210 Elite - 2.2k
Dell IN2030M - 5.9k
Sapphire 6770 1gb - 7k
Sony Dvd r/rw - 1.05k
500gb seagate 7200rpm - 4.1k
Seasonic 520watt SMPS - 3.5k
Apc 650va ups - 3.25k
Logitech Combo K/m - 0.65k
Creative sbs a335 - 1.35k

plus prime wants me to pay 0.5k for assembling ...
So total cost becomes 42.8k , its way ahead of my budget ...

After that i visited very 1st shop NXT-STEP TECHNOLOGIES ...
Prices at NXT-STEP TECHNOLOGIES :
Asus M5A88M and Amd phenom 2 x4 955 be - 11.75k
Corsair 4gb 1600mhz Vengeance - 1.5k
Western Digital 500gb Hdd 7200rpm - 3.6k
Sony dvd r/rw - 0.8k
Dell IN2030M - 5.775k
logitech combo k/m - 0.5k
NZXT 210 elite - 2.2k
creative a335 - 1.5k
coolmaster 550watt smps - 3.65k
apc 650va ups - 1.9k
sapphire 6770 radeon - 7.2k
plus they will assemble for free and give Mouse pad , card reader, dust cover, headphone , mike , spike gaurd and pen drive for free ...
So total cost i have to pay is 40.375k , its still way ahead of my bugdget but still i can manage to save that much and buy pc in january ...

Don't buy the Coolermaster 550W SMPS. It is really bad. The one at PrimeABGB is good. If they don't have any other, then get one from someone else and tell them you already have it.

Xena said:
@ cooleagle : i went to lamington road today , i visited two shops ,

1> primeabgb

2> Nxt step technologies

i first went to slimlim square and visited primeabgb,

prices at primeabgb:

asus m5a88m and amd phenom 2 x4 955 be - 11.7k

Corsair 4Gb Vengeance 1600mhz - 1.6k

NZXT 210 Elite - 2.2k

Dell IN2030M - 5.9k

Sapphire 6770 1gb - 7k

Sony Dvd r/rw - 1.05k

500gb seagate 7200rpm - 4.1k

Seasonic 520watt SMPS - 3.5k

Apc 650va ups - 3.25k

Logitech Combo K/m - 0.65k

Creative sbs a335 - 1.35k

plus prime wants me to pay 0.5k for assembling ...

So total cost becomes 42.8k , its way ahead of my budget ...

After that i visited very 1st shop NXT-STEP TECHNOLOGIES ...

Prices at NXT-STEP TECHNOLOGIES :

Asus M5A88M and Amd phenom 2 x4 955 be - 11.75k

Corsair 4gb 1600mhz Vengeance - 1.5k

Western Digital 500gb Hdd 7200rpm - 3.6k

Sony dvd r/rw - 0.8k

Dell IN2030M - 5.775k

logitech combo k/m - 0.5k

NZXT 210 elite - 2.2k

creative a335 - 1.5k

coolmaster 550watt smps - 3.65k

apc 650va ups - 1.9k

sapphire 6770 radeon - 7.2k

plus they will assemble for free and give Mouse pad , card reader, dust cover, headphone , mike , spike gaurd and pen drive for free ...

So total cost i have to pay is 40.375k , its still way ahead of my bugdget but still i can manage to save that much and buy pc in january ...

why dont u think of buying a second hand 5770 card, there is a GUy i know who is selling for 5k, i believe 5770 is similar performance to 6770, also i got a coolermaster PSU that i can give for 2.5k its 700watts, this will save u almost 3k, u can choose to buy speakers and UPS later also...

What is ur exact budget??

baccilus said:
Don't buy the Coolermaster 550W SMPS. It is really bad. The one at PrimeABGB is good. If they don't have any other, then get one from someone else and tell them you already have it.

GX550 is bad?? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Op hasn't mentioned if it's gx series or extreme power series so there's no need to laugh it out.
$$lIoNkInG$$ said:
GX550 is bad?? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back