Gaming PC in budget of 36k

thegatekeeper said:
Op hasn't mentioned if it's gx series or extreme power series so there's no need to laugh it out.

Yeah.. My BAD!!

EP+ 550W from CM is bad - hahahahaaaaaaaaaa!!!! It is 70% efficiency and is a very decent PSU!!!!!

If anything it is not VFM for the price OP quoted - GX450 will also supply 385W as will EP+550 & GX450 is for 2.9k only...

@ lionking , baccilus , chessmaster and thegatekeeper : my exact budget is 37600rs , so i will doing saving and buy computer on new years eve ( i will try to buy before christmas if i manage to save that much )
thanks , for letting me know about second hand stuff , but since i know i will be able to save needed money in few days , so i am not going for that ...
I was not knowing about coolmaster , i enquire about seasonic but that guy in nxt step tech shop suggest me to go for coolmaster 550watt as it cost the same price and will gimme 30watt more power ... Now here at TE i came to know about gx n ex series of coolmaster ...

Xena said:
@ lionking , baccilus , chessmaster and thegatekeeper : my exact budget is 37600rs , so i will doing saving and buy computer on new years eve ( i will try to buy before christmas if i manage to save that much )

thanks , for letting me know about second hand stuff , but since i know i will be able to save needed money in few days , so i am not going for that ...

I was not knowing about coolmaster , i enquire about seasonic but that guy in nxt step tech shop suggest me to go for coolmaster 550watt as it cost the same price and will gimme 30watt more power ... Now here at TE i came to know about gx n ex series of coolmaster ...

SeaSonic will give better efficiency than coolermaster .. dont go for Coolermaster as i myself am using it but not quite satisfied with 700watts

@ chessmaster : hmm... I also wana go with seasonic , i will buy seasonic from prime and will get whole computer from the nxt step tech shop ...

Xena -

Motherboard - Gigabyte 880GM-USB3.0 - 4600/- (listed at bitfang.com for 4.3k)

CPU - AMD PIIX4 955 - 6k (This rate is what you can easily get in Mumbai.)

RAM - Corsair CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 4GB 1333MHz 9-9-9-24-33 1T 1160/-[flipkart.com] (It is stupid to buy 1600MHz if youre not OC'ing and its timings are same as vengeance.)

PSU CM GX450 - 2.9k (primeabgb.com)

GPU - MSI/HIS HD6770 - 6.9k (bitfang.com) (MSI card can be found for as low as 6.5k)

Western Digital 500gb Hdd 7200rpm - 3.6k

Sony dvd r/rw - 0.8k

Dell IN2030M - 5.8k (You can get better LCDs for cheaper but i dont have rates for LCD right now so im not changing this.)

logitech combo k/m - 0.5k

NZXT 210 elite - 2.2k

creative a335 - 1.5k

apc 650va ups - 1.9k

Total - 37860/-

Enjoy!! ;) :D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ChessMaster said:
SeaSonic will give better efficiency than coolermaster .. dont go for Coolermaster as i myself am using it but not quite satisfied with 700watts

Dude it all depends on what series of psu u get - take this for example.

eXtreme Power Plus 550W is a 70% Efficiency PSU which means - 550*0.7 = 385Watts

GX 450W is 85% efficiency PSU which means - 450*.85 = 382.5Watts

both supply same amount of power - CM also has 90% + efficiency PSU's btw efficiency doesnt matter so much get a 550W EP or 450W GX you get 385W either ways....???!!!

@ lionking : i want to OC re , but at present i don't know how to do it , i have said it earlier also ... Well i asked about gigabyte ga880m usb3 in both prime and nxt , they both suggested me to go for asus ...
Haa about msi vs his vs xfx vs sapphire , many guys over here are suggesting me to go for sapphire , and now again i am confused ...
I am gaming enthusiast and i wana build decent medium range pc ...
I know all you guys are right in many ways , but i want to take whats best for me ...
I hope you all will teach me how to OC ...

@ chessmaster and lionking : whats the efficiency of seasonic s12 520watt ...

@xena - sapphire is anyday preferred over msi/his although when buying a pc you need to put cap at your budget somewhere... anyways you can wait and go for sapphire later.

@Asus - no that board is NOT good over Gigabyte 880G. you shud go for the gigabyte option!

@OC - ohh...k.. i did not read that!! :p

@seasonic - dont know bout its efficiency. Although go for CM GX450 instead of seasonic - their service is really good and its quality is something i am not sure about... Enermax/Antec/CM/Corsair are the brands to go for in PSU's

@$$lIoNkInG$$ 80% efficiency doesn't mean that it gives 80% watts only of it total capacity its for power saving lolzz!!..
@xena go with seasonic 520w its 85% + bronze rated and gives more than 520w don't worry..even most of the corsair psus are seasonic buit..And go with gigabyte mobo only will save you some cost & same performance..as of now sapphire brands doing well that doesn't mean xfx is bad and but it has bad after sale service from rashi thats why..

ganesh - ??!!!

What are you exactly trying to tell me??!

P.S. Is my avatar understandable - @whoever can see it right now..

ganesh said:
@$$lIoNkInG$$ 80% efficiency doesn't mean that it gives 80% watts only of it total capacity its for power saving lolzz!!..

@xena go with seasonic 520w its 85% + bronze rated and gives more than 520w don't worry..even most of the corsair psus are seasonic buit..And go with gigabyte mobo only will save you some cost & same performance..as of now sapphire brands doing well that doesn't mean xfx is bad and but it has bad after sale service from rashi thats why..

XFX is the dream bro...! :cool2:

Generally Higher quality power supplies with 80% efficient indicates energy efficient PSU's waste less energy in heat..and efficiency increases when the load is about 50 to 70%..

Efficiency is the ratio between the useful output of an energy conversion device and the input.
if your computer uses 300W, but pulls 400W from the mains or ups, then the efficiency is 300W/400W, or 75%.

^ can't make out your avatar dude using mobile now will check in my pc

An 80% eficient 1000W PSU will dissipate 200W in form of heat and will supply only 800W to system.

So if you use your system for 6 hours a day for 30days a month. - Your 1000W 80% PSU is spending - Rs 200/month for nothing.

Just generating heat for this much cost of electricity.

but we are talking bout 400W-500W PSUs' - so if it is 70% efficient you will waste about Rs 100 / month. if it is 85% then ur wasting only Rs80.

Saving - Rs 20 a month!!!

6 rupee / unit of electricity - All calcs based on this!!

Enjoy! :)

ganesh said:
Generally Higher quality power supplies with 80% efficient indicates energy efficient PSU's waste less energy in heat..and efficiency increases when the load is about 50 to 70%..

Efficiency is the ratio between the useful output of an energy conversion device and the input.

if your computer uses 300W, but pulls 400W from the mains or ups, then the efficiency is 300W/400W, or 75%.

^ can't make out your avatar dude using mobile now will check in my pc

Ok im waiting for ur comment on the avatar! :D :)

ganesh said:
[/COLOR]Efficiency is the ratio between the useful output of an energy conversion device and the input.

Im also saying the same thing!! :O

$$lIoNkInG$$ said:
An 80% eficient 1000W PSU will dissipate 200W in form of heat and will supply only 800W to system.

So if you use your system for 6 hours a day for 30days a month. - Your 1000W 80% PSU is spending - Rs 200/month for nothing.

Just generating heat for this much cost of electricity.

but we are talking bout 400W-500W PSUs' - so if it is 70% efficient you will waste about Rs 100 / month. if it is 85% then ur wasting only Rs80.

Saving - Rs 20 a month!!!

6 rupee / unit of electricity - All calcs based on this!!

Enjoy! :)

Ok im waiting for ur comment on the avatar! :D :)

Im also saying the same thing!! :O

Its 80percent efficient @ 50degrees + load wont be 100percent all the time so not actually wasting 200rs, cause 200watts not consumed 24/7.

Efficiency decreases with Temp so at normal load it will have more than 90percent efficiency, depends on quality on PSU as well.

@ Xena it is also possible to set just the ram on 1600 without overclocking the processor, and other components, but i am still noob about overclock. I am sure experts here will guide us !

Chessmaster - you're right... but am not going into details... 200/- a month is just the worst case scenario....

Chessmaster - AMD PII/AII IMC supports 1333MHz not more than that.

Xena said:
@ cooleagle : i went to lamington road today , I visited two shops ,

1> primeabgb

2> Nxt step technologies

i first went to slimlim square and visited primeabgb,

prices at primeabgb:

asus m5a88m and amd phenom 2 x4 955 be - 11.7k

Corsair 4Gb Vengeance 1600mhz - 1.6k

NZXT 210 Elite - 2.2k

Dell IN2030M - 5.9k

Sapphire 6770 1gb - 7k

Sony Dvd r/rw - 1.05k

500gb seagate 7200rpm - 4.1k

Seasonic 520watt SMPS - 3.5k

Apc 650va ups - 3.25k

Logitech Combo K/m - 0.65k

Creative sbs a335 - 1.35k

plus prime wants me to pay 0.5k for assembling ...

So total cost becomes 42.8k , its way ahead of my budget ...

After that i visited very 1st shop NXT-STEP TECHNOLOGIES ...

Prices at NXT-STEP TECHNOLOGIES :

Asus M5A88M and Amd phenom 2 x4 955 be - 11.75k

Corsair 4gb 1600mhz Vengeance - 1.5k

Western Digital 500gb Hdd 7200rpm - 3.6k

Sony dvd r/rw - 0.8k

Dell IN2030M - 5.775k

logitech combo k/m - 0.5k

NZXT 210 elite - 2.2k

creative a335 - 1.5k

coolmaster 550watt smps - 3.65k

apc 650va ups - 1.9k

sapphire 6770 radeon - 7.2k

plus they will assemble for free and give Mouse pad , card reader, dust cover, headphone , mike , spike gaurd and pen drive for free ...

So total cost i have to pay is 40.375k , its still way ahead of my bugdget but still i can manage to save that much and buy pc in january ...

Power Supply:

1. Isn't this the Cooler Master 550W you are talking

about ??

2. Seasonic 520W S II

*Both are equally good in terms of quality but CM 550W has 2 X PCIe 6+2 pins whereas Seasonic has 1 X PCIe 6+2 and

1 X PCIe 6 that makes difference to you if you want to install 2 x high quality graphic card in CrossFire.

* Also please confirm that in case your psu fails then which company is better at providing replacement/repair under warranty.

I also use a seasonic psu but touch wood I did not have to go to the service center of Seasonic and I hope it remains the same. :p

GPU:

We suggested Sapphire, but if your budget permits then go for XFX it's also good but a bit costly in comparison.

Motherboard I'll tell you in a few mins. :)

Xena said:
Hmm...

Gigabyte ga880gm usb3 vs Asus M5a88m usb3 ...

lets have some discussion this ...

Motherboard:

1. Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3<=AM3+Socket

2. Asus M5A88-M<=AM3+ Socket

Difference between the boards:

Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3:

-Has eSata and firewire ports v/s asus doesn't have them.

Asus M5A88-M

-Has a better South Bridge AMD SB850 v/s gigabyte has AMD SB710.

-Has 6 x 6Gb/s Sata ports v/s gigabyte has 5 x 3GB/s ports.

-Memory OC upto 2000Mhz v/s Gigabyte 1800MHz. This will help in future if you upgrade as AMD FX Series CPU on ASUS motherboard supports up to DDR3 1866MHz as its standard memory frequency.

Although not applicable in your case as you are connecting a dedicated GPU but just use this as reference:

[ -Integrated ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 4250 GPU with Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB v/s Gigabyte not specified,

Supports HDMI with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz v/s gigabyte 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200

Supports DVI with max. resolution 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz v/s gigabyte 1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200 ]

Finally it comes down to price

-Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 + Amd phenom 2 x4 955 be= You didn't specify what price did they quote ??

-Asus M5A88M + Amd phenom 2 x4 955 be= 11.75k

I think Asus wins hands down if they cost nearly the same. But I think a better Gigabyte might be available at that cost if not then go ahead and buy Asus. But do bear in mind sometimes and I mean really sometimes having Asus products replaced turns out to be time consuming for which buying from a shop which helps in the replacement process might help a bit, but i don't know about Gigabyte replacement/repair policy so it might be the same.

Hope it Helps. :)

@ cooleagle : i am impress by your indepth research and suggestion ...
Hmm i will buy sapphire hd 6770 , and about psu , you didn't mention which of gx or ex series coolmaster has 2xpci e 4+2 ...
i am still thinking about mobo ...

@cooleagle -

Also please confirm that in case your psu fails then which company is better at providing replacement/repair under warranty.

I also use a seasonic psu but touch wood I did not have to go to the service center of Seasonic and I hope it remains the same.

CM replacement is extremely fast & efficient.

@ Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 vs Asus M5A88-M

1. SB 850 vs SB 710 - While you have the right figures, i have been using an Asus M3A78-EM(SB710) since 2008 & Asus M4A89GTD PRO(SB850) since 2010.

Ive got to say the difference between is not noticeable. Review - Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB Motherboard Review | bit-tech.net

2. both have same IGP so same IGP properties there even if its is unspecified.

3. 1800/2000MHz Memory - RAM is not going to be the issue in either of the boards - If you have overclocked on the platform ull know WHY!!! :)

Anyways if OP can exten the budget - which i think she can then she shud buy Asus!! ;)

Also i have a -

Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5 (AM3 / USB3 / SATA 3)

Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3 (NF200 - Yeah baby! :D)

DFI Dark Knight LanParty 785G

DFI LanParty UTX58 T3EH8

Asus F1A75M Pro

P.S. Yes - Im just bragging now! :p :D

Power Supply:
1. Isn't this the Cooler Master 550W you are talking
about ??
2. Seasonic 520W S II

*Both are equally good in terms of quality but CM 550W has 2 X PCIe 6+2 pins whereas Seasonic has 1 X PCIe 6+2 and
1 X PCIe 6 that makes difference to you if you want to install 2 x high quality graphic card in CrossFire.

So when u said CM 550W is bad u did mean GX550??
GX550 is BAD??!?!?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :D

and no that wasn't the 1 she was talking bout!!! :D

Back