Budget 41-50k Gaming plus software rig , please help out with your advice .

@ALPHA17 , @cyberwarfare , @Jakob , @terence_fdes , @ampdr1 , @chiragsthakur , @everyone who helped

I would like to thank everyone here for being so supportive and helpful . You guys have gone to great lengths and out of the way to help me out , I really appreciate it .
Thanks a lot everyone .
This was one long thread eh ? GPU is still left :p but that later now . So request mods not to close this thread yet .

I dont think I know how to review things so will leave that out , but just one tip .
Dont buy the Altec Lansing BXR 1220 , not worth the money . Rest all is fine .

Cheers everyone ,

Last edited by a moderator:
It's finally over
iclctc.jpg
ALPHA17 , cyberwarfare , Jakob , terence_fdes , ampdr1 , chiragsthakur , @everyone who helped

I would like to thank everyone here for being so supportive and helpful . You guys have gone to great lengths and out of the way to help me out , I really appreciate it .
Thanks a lot everyone .
This was one long thread eh ? GPU is still left :p but that later now . So request mods not to close this thread yet .

I dont think I know how to review things so will leave that out , but just one tip .
Dont buy the Altec Lansing BXR 1220 , not worth the money . Rest all is fine .

Cheers everyone ,

so what's the final config now?

this thread was one of the learning experience for newer and upcoming techs and components...

thank you all for supporting so far... but SEARCH still continues..............

:)

so what's the final config now?

this thread was one of the learning experience for newer and upcoming techs and components...

thank you all for supporting so far... but SEARCH still continues..............

:)

I did not know what exactly you meant by the Search continues , your or mine but ok .
I have already bought the PC :) .

1. i5 3570k
2. Asus V gene - if you want better onboard sound and dont wanna spend on a sound card, go elsewhere , I feel this Supreme FX III is a gimmick . I have heard much better sounds on lower end boards . And no my onboard audio is not faulty .
3. Corsair Value Select for my Htpc , my main PC has Gskill Sniper 8 Gb .
4. Corsair h100
5. Corsair 500R
6. Corsair Neutron GTX 120Gb ( already 70 Gb filled up :( ) .
7. Corsair AX 850
8. WD my passport 1 Tb
9. Logitech G300
10. Altech Lansing BXR 1220 - piece of trash at higher volumes ! .

Left :
1. Mouse pad - please someone find me some online source for this .
2. HDMI to DVI cable , I would prefer it over an adapter . Strangely , HDMI to DVI gives better visuals than DVI to DVI :scared14: , can someone explain this ? .
3. GPU - going out for sometime in a few days , so will buy a month or so later I guess . Also the prices are dropping by the week .
7850 at 15k :scared14: .
Also am planning to keep this monitor as I am finding its not that bad either for gaming , yeah blacks continue to be disappointing .
4. Huge Internal HDD - my 120Gb is not going to last much am afraid and it is filled up with softwares and a couple of games only .

To all those who are not going to do some heavy duty software use I say i5 is much more than enough for your needs . I have played 10 ( ten ) full hd 1080p youtube videos and it was hovering around 70-85( 70-77 only playing , 78-89 with playing and streaming both , networking utilizes some cpu usage I am not sure how much ) percent CPU usage with accelerated rendering and software decoding !! . And I played only this many because I was tired of opening more videos :bleh: . If you use hardware decoding , it will drop much more .
And all this at stock , consider even if your processor is a bad chip and overclocks to 4 - 4 .1 Ghz , I dont think you would need anything of it at the moment but still those extra 200-300 Mhz would add a lot considering the sheer power of this processor ! .

Dont waste money on a 3770k , wait for those latest processor with 4k resolution capability and much powerful processing power . Spend the extra money to get an SSD .
Trust me SSD makes the most noticeable difference in day to day and occasional use both . Everything is so super snappy .
This i5 3570k for me will last a long time , it bloody handles everything I want with super ease and yeah am happy its not a bad investment .
Yes I did overspend on some things , but they are doing their job perfectly .

And I would still say IVY bridge over sandy bridge , after whatever lil use I have done . I have found out that still many apps and games use only a single core .
Means single threaded performance matters a lot . Ivy has superior single threaded performance .

1. i5 3570k
:yahoo:
Never had "second thoughts" about this, am building the rig keeping in mind this component always!!!

2. Asus V gene - if you want better onboard sound and dont wanna spend on a sound card, go elsewhere , I feel this Supreme FX III is a gimmick . I have heard much better sounds on lower end boards . And no my onboard audio is not faulty .

yes, i don't want to spend extra on sound, thought V gene would be perfect for: "overclocking"+"gaming"+"general home use"... graphics card is in next phase (if possible, will buy now only)
back to "square one" for mobo... :annoyed:

3. Corsair Value Select for my Htpc , my main PC has Gskill Sniper 8 Gb .
will go for gskill ripjaws... is there any significant difference between these two???

4. Corsair h100
am opting for "Thermalright Silver Arrow" coz:
a. was thinking H100 would be noisy at high levels, what is ur experience?
b. installing it on 400r might be difficult(is 400r available or 500r is better? how much for 500r? )
c. H100 is costliest so am little hesitant whether to go for it or not!

5. Corsair 500R
400R ???
6. Corsair Neutron GTX 120Gb ( already 70 Gb filled up :( ) .
will buy it if budget permits now...
any other option worth mentioning? though will not opt for anything less than 120GB!!!

7. Corsair AX 850
Cooler Master M700 Silent Pro? (will install single GPU...)

8. WD my passport 1 Tb
any particular reason for WD?
Seagate 1TB or 2TB? btw, how much warranty is there on them?

9. Logitech G300
will go for basic gaming combo like "Logitech Gaming Combo G100" :unsure:

10. Altech Lansing BXR 1220 - piece of trash at higher volumes ! .
NA

11. Monitor: was obsessed with Benq 2420HD... but after considering all pros and cons, i have decided to go for "DELL ST2220L 21.5-inch Wide LED" suggested by ALPHA17 at first place!!!

since HDMI 1.4a is "out of reach" and HDMI 1.3a/b/c has not much difference other than
"headphone jack"+ USB ports + 200Mhz more video bandwidth + better response time...
but it loses on power consumption!

so "Search" continues.... was busy for some time... so don't know abt latest developmets...

1. Yes should go for the 3570k . But its a white elephant , it will eat a lot ! . It needs a good cooler , it needs a good cabinet ! .
People here have bought the 3450 or 3550 and a decent motherboard , all costing some 20k or less combined and very happy .
So I guess its a personal choice , I would like to keep my options open .

2. I say go for another board , thou Asus V gene seems a great board , I dont think a general user needs it . It is for those guys who want every possible MHz from their processor i.e., those extreme overclockers , there is a switch for LN2 in it !!!!
I got decent ears , so I can confidently say , the FX III is a gimmick , nothing much to brag about , it might be good , but not out of the world as Asus makes it out to be .
Go for something like the V - pro which has wifi go and is an ATX board .

Thou let me tell you , the community support for the Gene is unparalleled , most problems you have can directly be found through googling . Its not the same for all boards out there .
For everything else there are @sumonpathak and @cyberwarfare , these guys are an encyclopedia in themselves .

Still from a general user's view , its ok if your processor can do 4.3 Ghz instead of 4.4 , no big deal , spend on features that you actually are going to use .
This is my view .

3. Ripjawz overclock better , so if you want to overclock , ripjawz it is , I would have gone for the same but I already had the snipers , not problem , WEI of the ram is 7.8 !! .

4. Cooler is your choice .
I would go with the Noctua NH - D14 , or the newer NH-C14 although its new , D14 still cools better , only thing about C14 is its design and low weight .
I ll tag #terence_fdes , he owns it , so he can share personal experience . Sir hope you have not forgotten me :bleh: .

Yes the H100 can get a bit loud like a blower if you overclock and its on high settings . Even on medium settings it makes a lil noise but not much , but the kinda noise it makes irritates me . Its not the pump noise !! , the fans are making noise , If I overclock , I will replace them with quieter fans . If you got a pump that makes noise , time for RMA ! .
I guess the bearing makes whining noise , which I hate .

The greatest myth about Noctua and Silver arrow people have is , using those stock silent fans they can get those high end overclocks . Serious overclockers replace them with fans with higher CFM to get better cooling . So you might want to consider that , I was going for D14 before but this changed my mind . This sumon and moksh told me ,
am not 100 percent sure on this , you can ask them or do your own research .

At the moment I hardly go over 40-45 percent usage , hardly !! and even at stock I cannot max out the processor . I played 10 1080p videos through youtube and still it did not reach 100 percent ;) . So am using the h100 on low settings , because am not overclocking the moment , will raise when I overclock . At the moment , the whole combination makes for a dead silent PC for me . I can hear my ceiling fan but not my PC .

3770k is a waste of money for us unless you are into video editing , animation , photoshop etc which use hyperthreading .

5. If you wanna go with a heavy air cooler , a big NO for the 500R . Also I wont be confident putting an heavy air cooler in 500R .
Go for the 400R , much better and will save over 1.5 k , can invest elsewhere . I went with 500 R because it fits the h100 very nicely . Infact these are made for each other , which I actually hate , Corsair is one of the most undemocratic company for me , it leaves no choices to use other firm's products at all .
Even the fan controller on the 500R has strange or different non standardized pins which can only fit the fans that are given as stock .
They cant even fit the newer Corsair fans . So if some fan goes kaput after 2 yrs of warranty , you are forced to buy the same fans ! .

6. OCZ vertex 4 is similar to reads in the neutron GTX , writes the vertex 4 is better . Vertex 4 is currently the hot drive on the market as the best overall drive .
But there seems to be some problem with speeds getting lower when the drive fills up . @cyberwarfare bro can explain better , sorry tagging you too much bro .

I was thinking of Vertex 4 before but went with Corsair for better rma support . Its your personal choice . But the Corsair GTX is 1.3 k more than the Vertex 4 .
Also dont be confused between the Corsair Neutron and the Corsair Neutron GTX . GTX is the one to go for . only Neutron costs same as Vertex 4 but lags too much in benchmarks .

But trust me , SSD makes the most noticeable difference in day to day computing also .

7. Why CM man ? . Corsair it is ! .
Same price , a 500Rs extra for corsair is worth it totally .

8. WD has 3 yrs warranty and I like their rma service . Have never used Seagate so dont know much about it . I bought an external drive because I have use of it .
I needed a portable storage media . If you wont use it , I would any day recommend internal HDD instead of external HDD .

9. Again personal choice , logitech makes good products .

10. Am allergic to headphones hence went with a 2.0 speaker system . You can ask @ALPHA17 for what headphones you can shortlist .
I guess he has already given you options .

11. Check this thread http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/suggest-23-inch-1080p-led-138723/ .

I thought you had decided to go for a very good monitor , change of mind ?

You seriously concerned about 30W extra power ? .
I guess power consumption is a issue to be considered while buy a GPU . Some a gpu like 7770 or even 7850 for low power consumption because it makes a significant difference .

- - - Updated - - -

edit , sorry I tagged wrong , @terence_fdes for the C14 , I used the previous tag method of hash

Last edited by a moderator:
after again going through the posts... here is what i am settling so far:

1. i5 3570k

2. Asus V gene - will go for it anyway... don't know whether audio quality will affect for gaming and movies tht much
don't want to pay for built-in wi-fi.. so not much interested in V, V-Pro.... any other board suitable for CPU+good over-clocker+gaming?
16000 (still can't digest this price :annoyed:)

3. Gskill ripjaws 2x 4GB

4. Thermalright Silver Arrow-> 140mm 2 identical fans with option of installing 3rd one as well

5. Corsair 400R

6. Corsair Neutron GTX 120Gb ( already 70 Gb filled up
sad.png
) .
not now...

7. Corsair AX 850 => 12600/- approx. :scared14: :scared14: :scared14: instead i will stick to
Cooler Power Silent Pro M700 (should serve well for single GPU setup...)

8. Seagate 2TB 64MB Cache 7200 RPM Green

9. Logitech Gaming Combo G100

10. Speakers=> NA

11. still very dicey between dell and benq, but if there is just 1k difference will go for Benq G2420HD (Obsession continues... ;))

Total comes around: 69700/-

2. Asus V gene - will go for it anyway... don't know whether audio quality will affect for gaming and movies tht much
don't want to pay for built-in wi-fi.. so not much interested in V, V-Pro.... any other board suitable for CPU+good over-clocker+gaming?
16000 (still can't digest this price :annoyed:)

9. Logitech Gaming Combo G100

For motherboards you have the following options --

For headphones you have the following options --
  • Ozone Attack ~1700/-
  • Ozone Spark ~2200/-
  • Corsair Vengeance 1100 ~2500/-
  • Corsair Vengeance 1300 Analogue headset ~3500/-
For gaming peripherals it be better if you get a dedicated mouse (LOGITECH G300 / G400) + standard keyboard instead of the G1 gaming kit.

Hope this helps. Cheerio!

How about Gigabyte G1.Sniper M3? It has a Good Stand for 11K :) Heard it has a Creative Audio Processor Onboard!

µATX form factor, lack of connectors. Basically all that is wrong OR short-coming in the ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE can be supplanted in the G.1 Sniper M3 thanks to the form-factor.

The Z77-D3H is a solid alternative. Has a bucket-load of connectors and then some.

In the end it is OP's call, so leave it to him I shall.

How about Gigabyte G1.Sniper M3? It has a Good Stand for 11K :) Heard it has a Creative Audio Processor Onboard!

One of the best onboard audio solutions . Original Creative chip and hardware . Many companies give THX and loads of softwares but what to do of em ? .
Hardware is important I feel .
Yea I would have gone with the sniper too if my budget was a big constraint .

µATX form factor, lack of connectors. Basically all that is wrong OR short-coming in the ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE can be supplanted in the G.1 Sniper M3 thanks to the form-factor.

The Z77-D3H is a solid alternative. Has a bucket-load of connectors and then some.

In the end it is OP's call, so leave it to him I shall.

G1 sniper m3 lacks things but nothing that cannot be managed . If his budget is 10.5 k , he can surely go for it , in that budget its best but if he can increase it , the m-pro and the options you suggested . I would go for the d3h .
ampdr1

I got that PSU because I had things in mind , you dont need a 850 W PSU .

It seems you have decided on the CM PSU , so no point in shouting Corsair anymore .

I say spend that 1k more and get the Benq , Trust me if you get a wrong monitor , you will curse yourself . Monitor is not like most hardware which if you did not like can sell easily ! .

If you cant digest that amount for a mobo , go with the options Alpha17 suggested .

And still if you want lower , then Sniper m3 it is . But remember , no dual gpu with this . Lesser connectors but thats ok I guess . 2 SSD's only because Sata 3 is limited :p .
For normal HDD , SATA 2 is fine .

You are over estimating the prices , if you go to lamington road , I can bet my money that you can knock off 2.5 k from that estimated amount .

Would love to see your rig coming up together .

It Does Support CF/SLI @ 8x/8x :)

The space means = tight clearances and nothing else but the graphics cards. Everything will revolve around these, removing a hard-drive will be a chore once the connector is blocked by the graphics card(s).

Also, every new game release will bring with it new updated 'profiles' for the setup which I feel completely kills the fun in gaming if you need to keep looking for patches.

It Does Support CF/SLI @ 8x/8x :)

Theoretical sir , people have tried but with utter frustration . The layout for the 8x 8x slots are ridiculous . Instead of second , the third one is 8x which if used for a gpu , it hinders in all sorts of connectors , usb , hdd , sata etc . In trying to provide that one more pci-e , gigabyte has messed up big time ! .

Anyways ampdr1 sir does not want a dual gpu so it anyways does not matter .

The space means = tight clearances and nothing else but the graphics cards. Everything will revolve around these, removing a hard-drive will be a chore once the connector is blocked by the graphics card(s).

Also, every new game release will bring with it new updated 'profiles' for the setup which I feel completely kills the fun in gaming if you need to keep looking for patches.

+1

pls pardon if i say anything funny...
i am just :sign32:

while comparing GIGABYTE-Z77X-D3H with Asus V gene, (forget about GIGABYTE-Z77-D3H, does not look that impressive, poor color scheme)

i find v gene to be superior:
good overall layout (starting to get obsessed with Asus :p)
better heat-sink design
good power distribution (8+4 phase)

don't know which of these is better overclocker+ gaming performer + best for single gpu-setup + audio, good enough for gaming + movies + music

better if i get benchmark results of 2 to conclude, like head2head comparison
both r retailing at same price level... :annoyed:

i think Benq G2420HD is final, unless it goes "out of stock/discontinued" or Benq launch better one with same price lvl.... ya just 1k more so choice is obvious...

i know it for sure, when i will be going for actual purchase i can save few bucks, all these prices r rough estimates... :bigok:

GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 3 Gaming Motherboard v/s GIGABYTE G1.Sniper M3 Gaming Motherboard ???

Back