Budget 41-50k Gaming rig Budget 45 to 46k without GPU

JJ the great

Disciple
  1. Q: What is your budget?
    • 45 to 46K

2. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • I recently bought Corsair Carbide 400R
    • Seagate 1 tb hdd
    • microsoft 1 kv UPS
    • logitech MK320 wireless keyboard mouse combo

3. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel i5 3570k
    • Motherboard - not intrested in asus due to service issues thinking to get asrock

• RAM - G skill or corsair 8 gb kit
    • PSU - corsair tx650 V2
    • ODD - any good 1
    • Monitor - any good 22 for browsing (because I have a 40 3d led tv for gaming & bluray movies)

4. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months
    • GPU - Nvidia gtx 670 in aug
    • Blu ray dvd drive in sep
    • Sound card & SSD will add next year

5. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • New Delhi
    • Open to online purchase (if COD is available only)

6. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No

7. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • HTPC
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies

8. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Do not want to buy Asus company product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic

9. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • FPS - battlefield 3 , COD series crysis .....
    • TPS - max payne 3 batman arkum city mafia 2 .....
    • Racing - Grid at high settings

10. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920 x 1080
    2. Desktop - 1440x900

11. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • Yes maybe in the future if intensive CPU hungry games will come

12. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit

@JJ the great, this is what I suggest --

Intel Core i5 3570k ~14500/-
ASUS P8Z77M-PRO ~11500/-
G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 ~3500/-
LG / Samsung OEM DVD drive ~1000/-
Dell ST2220L ~8500/- [a basic 22" TN-panel with LED back-light and HDMI-IN along with standard DVI-IN / VGA-IN]
Corsair HX650W ~6800/- [a modular SMPS that will come handy with cable management]

If ASUS after sales in India is bad thanks to Rashi, ASRock is also not very trust-able as only Prime ABGB imports their motherboards, so availability is spotty.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Last edited by a moderator:
JJ the great, this is what I suggest --

Intel Core i5 3570k ~14500/-
ASUS P8Z77M-PRO ~11500/-
G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 ~3500/-
LG / Samsung OEM DVD drive ~1000/-
Dell ST2220L ~8500/- [a basic 22" TN-panel with LED back-light and HDMI-IN along with standard DVI-IN / VGA-IN]
Corsair HX650W ~6800/- [a modular SMPS that will come handy with cable management]

If ASUS after sales in India is bad thanks to Rashi, ASRock is also not very trust-able as only Prime ABGB imports their motherboards, so availability is spotty.

hiii buddy thanks for the suggestion but asus has service issues that's why I am worried :( & thinking to get a Good asrock alternative
what you guys say on Asrock service, build quality & features ;)?
How is the Asrock Z77 pro 4 & extreme 4 compared to ASUS P8Z77M-PRO ?
Corsair HX650 is really required for the Nvidia gtx 670 ?

what you guys say on Asrock service, build quality & features?

How is the Asrock Z77 pro 4 & extreme 4 compared to ASUS P8Z77M-PRO?

Corsair HX650 is really required for the Nvidia gtx 670?

Okay here are your answers Sire --

About ASRock, their motherboards are feature rich and definitely toe-to-toe with top offerings from ASUS and GIGABYTE. But these are the reasons I will stick to ASUS --
  • UEFI BIOS, no company has come close to ASUS virtual monopoly on this;
  • atleast ASUS is a known entity in the Indian market, ASRock has recently come to fore on its strong Cougar-Point and Panther-Point chipset offerings;
  • here is a similar discussion ensuing on ASUS OR ASRock, give the thread a proper read.

I will say both motherboards perform equally well at stock settings, it is over-clocking that is dependent on individual limits / hurdles. Also here are a few points --
  • repeating the praises of ASUS's UEFI BIOS afor the umpteenth time;
  • ASRock is a full ATX motherboard whilst the ASUS is micro-ATX [damn no NUMPAD], but has a better layout and as you will not put dual graphics card, it really doesn't matter. That said both the motherboards have angled SATA connectors;
  • ASRock EXTREME range of motherboards are known for better over-clocking [once again depends on an individuals situation];

Well the HX650W is not a must, but owing to the fact that it is modular cable management will be easier and stowing away those unneeded cables will be easier. Also I think you can afford it as of your budget. If not you can also consider the Corsair TX V2 650W ~5600/-.

Okay here are your answers Sire --

About ASRock, their motherboards are feature rich and definitely toe-to-toe with top offerings from ASUS and GIGABYTE. But these are the reasons I will stick to ASUS --
  • UEFI BIOS, no company has come close to ASUS virtual monopoly on this;
  • atleast ASUS is a known entity in the Indian market, ASRock has recently come to fore on its strong Cougar-Point and Panther-Point chipset offerings;
  • here is a similar discussion ensuing on ASUS OR ASRock, give the thread a proper read.

I will say both motherboards perform equally well at stock settings, it is over-clocking that is dependent on individual limits / hurdles. Also here are a few points --
  • repeating the praises of ASUS's UEFI BIOS afor the umpteenth time;
  • ASRock is a full ATX motherboard whilst the ASUS is micro-ATX [damn no NUMPAD], but has a better layout and as you will not put dual graphics card, it really doesn't matter. That said both the motherboards have angled SATA connectors;
  • ASRock EXTREME range of motherboards are known for better over-clocking [once again depends on an individuals situation];

Well the HX650W is not a must, but owing to the fact that it is modular cable management will be easier and stowing away those unneeded cables will be easier. Also I think you can afford it as of your budget. If not you can also consider the Corsair TX V2 650W ~5600/-.

I have also heard about the Asus UEFI bios many times but wht to do when it fails ?
Are you using an Asus board ?
I know that Asrock is not available properly but I thought after finalizing I will get the board from distributors like jupiter or mediaman after that service will be taken care by digicare
PSU - Ok i will get the Corsair hx650 :)

I have also heard about the Asus UEFI bios many times but wht to do when it fails?
Are you using an Asus board?
I know that Asrock is not available properly but I thought after finalizing I will get the board from distributors like jupiter or mediaman after that service will be taken care by digicare

Ummm... what do you mean if it fails? If it fails then the motherboard OR the BIOS chip [in this UEFI chip] is kaput.

Yes I am using an ASUS motherboard [not one supporting UEFI though] have used it in many friends RIG builds, the UEFI is a great upgrade over the Flash BIOS. Very n00b friendly and efficient layout and best, you can use a mouse to operate it.

I seriously doubt it; though asking does not hurt anyone. So contact those guys and see what response you get.

Ummm... what do you mean if it fails? If it fails then the motherboard OR the BIOS chip [in this UEFI chip] is kaput.

Yes I am using an ASUS motherboard [not one supporting UEFI though] have used it in many friends RIG builds, the UEFI is a great upgrade over the Flash BIOS. Very n00b friendly and efficient layout and best, you can use a mouse to operate it.

I seriously doubt it; though asking does not hurt anyone. So contact those guys and see what response you get.

it fails means when the board will have any hardware related problem in the future then what to do ?
Rashi peripherals service is pathetic then who will change the board ?
Contact which guys ?
If I buy this board from smc they will replace it or I have to send the board to Mumbai for RMA ?

Rashi peripherals service is pathetic then who will change the board?
Contact which guys?
If I buy this board from smc they will replace it or I have to send the board to Mumbai for RMA?

Rashi Peripherals is responsible for replacing / refurbishing the motherboard, as you said they are pathetic.

The guys who are the Official Distributors / Resellers for ASRock in India.

No SMC International is a retailer, he is not bound to replace the motherboard, the same will go wherever the requisite service centre is present.

And things get slow when they go out-station,it took Rashi ~1 week to send my LOGITECH G300 to Bombay --> get it tested --> declare it faulty --> send a replacement to Nehru Place. So for your motherboard JJ I seriously do not know how long they might take.

I heard many horror stories about Rashi Peripherals in the past thats why I called them pathetic :annoyed:
Tom I will contact the Asrock distributors & get back to you
That's what I am thinking if something happens to the Asus board then what I will do without using my PC waiting for the RMA process to end for days :scared14:

Corsair HX650 is not available in SMC so thinking to order from Flipkart
Ram Gskill ripjaws
Look into this price difference
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL) | Ram | Flipkart.com
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4 GB PC RAM (F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL) | Ram | Flipkart.com
What is the difference between these too ?
SMC selling a Gskill 4gb x 2 kit @ 4.3k so thinking to get from flipkart

if you don't find hx650 in smc then go to primeabgb and the difference between these two ram is a not so wide but cl9s is better from cl9d. so go for gskill 4gbx2 cl9s.

Hope this help.

Cheers.

Now you know Op the differences between cl9d and cl9s. just like @Jarod explain it to you.
The single stick ram is coming lesser price then the double stick.

Hope this help.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
S = single stick
D = double sticks

4GB CL9S >> 1 x 4GB stick
4GB CL9D >> 2 x 2GB sticks

Now you know Op the differences between cl9d and cl9s. just like Jarod explain it to you.
The single stick ram is coming lesser price then the double stick.

Hope this help.

Cheers.

Thanks guys :) before finalizing Ram
1 more thing Ripjaws or XMS3 which is the best ?
Which has the best heat spreader & when I goggled someone said the tall tooth of Ripjaws might be a problem so any problem like that ?

Yup the tall fins of the heatspreader might interfere if you install a bigger third party heatsink.
It shouldn't be a problem with the stock heatsink.

The Ripjaws speraders aren't that big as Corsair Vengeance so no problem if you add any cooler,You can get any module as both are good still if you could try to get XMS3 as corsairs A.S.S better than Gskill.
Thanks guys :) before finalizing Ram
1 more thing Ripjaws or XMS3 which is the best ?
Which has the best heat spreader & when I goggled someone said the tall tooth of Ripjaws might be a problem so any problem like that ?

Which has the best heat spreader & when I goggled someone said the tall tooth of Ripjaws might be a problem so any problem like that?

There is nothing like a 'best heat-spreader', because it is a passive cooling device the performance is dependent on the ambient temperatures inside your cabinet. There a few heat-spreaders that have a better build quality.

Apart from this I would suggest that you go for the Corsair XMS3 OR G.Skill RIPJAWS; buy whichever is cheaper as both are equally good. Ideally the retailer should replace a faulty RAM module(s), that said Corsair has definitely got a better support infrastructure in India. For G.Skill you will need to mail to Taiwan [for direct RMA support].

I am using the older G.Skill RIPJAWS and have used it with Cooler Master Hyper 212+ as well as currently with a Noctua NH-U12P SE2 and it has not obstructed so far [I have changed the level of the PUSH fan on my Noctua though].

The Corsair Dominator, Vengeance series heat-spreaders are rather expansive and they can be an issue. Tried fitting one with a Cooler Master V6 GT and the whole set-up was really tight. To replace any RAM module, you needed to extract the cooler first.

There is nothing like a 'best heat-spreader', because it is a passive cooling device the performance is dependent on the ambient temperatures inside your cabinet. There a few heat-spreaders that have a better build quality.

Apart from this I would suggest that you go for the Corsair XMS3 OR G.Skill RIPJAWS; buy whichever is cheaper as both are equally good. Ideally the retailer should replace a faulty RAM module(s), that said Corsair has definitely got a better support infrastructure in India. For G.Skill you will need to mail to Taiwan [for direct RMA support].

I am using the older G.Skill RIPJAWS and have used it with Cooler Master Hyper 212+ as well as currently with a Noctua NH-U12P SE2 and it has not obstructed so far [I have changed the level of the PUSH fan on my Noctua though].

The Corsair Dominator, Vengeance series heat-spreaders are rather expansive and they can be an issue. Tried fitting one with a Cooler Master V6 GT and the whole set-up was really tight. To replace any RAM module, you needed to extract the cooler first.

OK then I will get the Corsair XMS3 from SMC (4gb = 1650rs) because if retailer can change the ram then SMC will change it :)
Cheapest price is available with Flipkart (selling it for 1526 rs)
If any problem occurs with the PSU then who will change it retailer ( SMC ) or distributor ( Inspan ) ?
If distributor then I will order it from Flipkart

I am waiting for the i5 3570k for past 2 weeks & its not yet available with smc :sleep::yawn:
The smc guy Mr Dileep said it will be available from today :unsure:
The corsair HX650 is not available yet at SMC if its N/A today then I will order from Flipkart
If 3570k is N/A till wed then
I will get 3550 what say guys;) ?
I think Z77 is not required for non K model so suggest me a good h77 board for the 3550

Back