Budget 41-50k Gaming rig Budget 45 to 46k without GPU

Thanks for the heads up, Moksh. As I said, have no experience with an Ivy setup a lot of my information may / may-not be accurate.

With Z77 and H77 Intel has added a controller onto the chipset, rather than be dependent on NEC OR other 3rd party controllers. This saves valuable silicon real-estate + better speeds on these ports [theoretically].

Well no one needs a 3-way CrossFire solution; I mean most of us are fine with a single graphics card.

Most of the features that you have mentioned for both the motherboards are company exclusivity spins; the chip at the heart of things is the same so really I see no reason just to buy a motherboard with a onboard Wi-Fi adapter [until I absolutely need it].

The Dehumidifier looks interesting, a guy living in a humid environment should get this board and see if it effective.

Windows Vista is a dead platform, its adaptation was low the release of Windows 7 absolved Microsoft for calling in an abomination with it. Windows 8 will only exacerbate the situation.

Availability [brand presence] and after sales are key pointers I would rather have in mind rather than just features [OR lack of it] whilst purchasing a motherboard that will set me back with ~10000/-.

The best one is --
  • One that has the best mix of features plus a palatable price [you did not give your budget];
  • Jack of all trades-- LOGITECH webcams because they are cheaper in general but have ~80% of features that Microsoft is offering;
  • If HD video chat / Skype is necessary applications of the above, I would suggest Microsoft will be better. Also added bonus will be that it will be compatible with most Microsoft OS [current, legacy and upcoming].

For exact models I refer to --
LOGITECH C270h
Microsoft Lifecam HD 3000
Microsoft Lifecam HD6000

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

thanks Alpha17 for suggestion budget 2k
It is used for Skype video calling :) I think MS lifecam 3000 will suit me

Hiii guys thanks all for your suggestions finally yesterday I got my rig :yahoo:
Final build looks like this
i5 3550 - 12.8k
Asus P8Z77-M Pro 12.5k
Corsair XMS3 2 X 4gb 1600mhz - 3.2k
Seagate 1 tb - 5.5k
LG GH22 -0.9k
Corsair HX650 - 6.7k
Corsair Carbide 400R - 5k
Microsoft Lifecam HD 3000 - 1.5k
Dell ST220L - 8.35k
Total cost - 56.5k:head2:
Smc had Zotac GTX 670 but Mr Dileep suggested me to get the Msi GTX 670 which is coming next week for 29k
waiting for that:yahoo:
Cheers

Congrats JJ the great may it serve you well.

Congo,Happy Gaming.

Thanks guys :)

I have some ques left
1) Corsair HX650 does not have distributor sticker rest of the products have that I asked Mr Dileep about that he replied the sticker will only be on a pack of 10 HX650 not on 1 single piece & Put your Serial no on corsair site to check it is fake or genuine What you say guys
2) Carbide 2nd front USB 3.o port not working what to do ?
3)I want to post some HW monitor temp screenshots how to do that ?

Thanks in advance:)

1) Corsair HX650 does not have distributor sticker rest of the products have that I asked Mr Dileep about that he replied the sticker will only be on a pack of 10 HX650 not on 1 single piece & Put your Serial no on corsair site to check it is fake or genuine What you say guys

2) Carbide 2nd front USB 3.o port not working what to do ?

3)I want to post some HW monitor temp screenshots how to do that ?

Your queries answered serially --

1) Seems legit but do confirm that Serial no. online.

2) Talk to Mr. Dileep OR contact Corsair India / Kaizen Infotech [their after sales support], try to get the cabinet replaced, OR have them replace that I/O PCB.

3) Take a screenshot with PRINT SCR button on the keyboard. Then paste it in PAINT; upload that image on a image hosting site OR put it as an attachment in a post [directly lift it from your PC].

Your queries answered serially --

1) Seems legit but do confirm that Serial no. online.

2) Talk to Mr. Dileep OR contact Corsair India / Kaizen Infotech [their after sales support], try to get the cabinet replaced, OR have them replace that I/O PCB.

3) Take a screenshot with PRINT SCR button on the keyboard. Then paste it in PAINT; upload that image on a image hosting site OR put it as an attachment in a post [directly lift it from your PC].

Thanks a lot Alpha17
1) I just called corsair india customer care & he said its under warranty(its genuine) so not to worry
2) He said send a mail with a pic of the cabby to indiaservice@corsai.com & yo can will get a replacement @ your home
3) I am uploading it check it out & say that the temperature of CPUTIN # 3 = 77 is it normal or any problem rest looks ok

Attachments

• HW Monitor screenshot.jpg
    HW Monitor screenshot.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 103
  • HW Monitor screenshot.jpg
    HW Monitor screenshot.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 90
@JJ the great temperatures look fine for Delhi, was expecting worse. But all in all good healthy temperatures, try to upload a larger image [Magnify it] and show us what the load temperatures are like [play a game].

CPUTIN #3 went to 81 or 83 & rest gone to 45 to 47

I do not use HW monitor to look up my CPU temperatures any-more, I started using Core Temp since the last ~6 months OR so.

For Intel processors you can even look at Real Temp.

Most people on other forums reported this issue, it seems it is a busted / faulty temperature sensor on the ASUS motherboards. So no need to worry. If the temperature does not come down in the rains [CPUTIN #3] then panic and prepare your motherboard for RMA.

Here are more of the reports, the issue is exclusive ASUS P8 series motherboards as well as seems to be a case of obsolete values, misinterpreted readings OR faulty sensor OR a combination of above -- http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2215001 / http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/44701-extremely-high-cputin-temperature.html.

Hope this answers your query, Cheerio!!

P.S. -- By magnifying the image I meant magnify the HWMonitor interface not the full screen shot, I cannot read anything in that.

Last edited by a moderator:
JJ the great temperatures look fine for Delhi, was expecting worse. But all in all good healthy temperatures, try to upload a larger image [Magnify it] and show us what the load temperatures are like [play a game].

OK I will yesterday I played NFS carbon & CPUTIN #3 went to 81 or 83 & rest gone to 45 to 47
I will post a screenshot after playing Burnout paradise :)

Cheers

3550 for Z77???

Ya that is because of 2 major reasons
1) The board is packed with lots of features & it has a replacement warranty the H77 M Pro only has limited repair only warranty
2)As stated by Alpha17 its very overclock friendly now you are thinking the 3550 can't be overclocked you need a K model to overclock but what I will do is get a 3770K in 2013 when prices will drop :yahoo:

Cheers

Ya that is because of 2 major reasons
1) The board is packed with lots of features & it has a replacement warranty the H77 M Pro only has limited repair only warranty
2)As stated by Alpha17 its very overclock friendly now you are thinking the 3550 can't be overclocked you need a K model to overclock but what I will do is get a 3770K in 2013 when prices will drop :yahoo:

Cheers

and what will u do to this 3550 then? :unsure:

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

once we build new rig, we hardly change these things unless they r completely dead or beyond repairs:

Processor-> this thing hardly gets damaged, unless we try to tweak it out of its limits or poor cooling, one of my system still has fully functional P-III 500Mhz processor (bought way back in 2000), though the rest of the rig is not working at all :bleh:
Motherboard->mostly not unless it is beyond repair,damaged, which happens over few years eventually !!!

RAM-> they may get faulty over time but we go on increasing their capacity !!!!
SMPS-> this one also tends to create problems over time, don't know about 80-plus ones...
Cabinet-> we change it only if we like some new design, or it gets damaged or if we get new mobo which won't fit in old one...
Optical Drive-> they won't last long these days!!! 1-1.5 year at the most be it any company.... :bye2:
Monitor-> this one also lasts longer unless we upgrade with bigger one or old one goes beyond repairs!!!
Speakers-> usually they do last long....

please do correct me if i am wrong, as this might be very "conservative" observation... :23: :23: :23:

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

once we build new rig, we hardly change these things unless they r completely dead or beyond repairs:

Processor-> this thing hardly gets damaged, unless we try to tweak it out of its limits or poor cooling, one of my system still has fully functional P-III 500Mhz processor (bought way back in 2000), though the rest of the rig is not working at all :bleh:
Motherboard->mostly not unless it is beyond repair,damaged, which happens over few years eventually !!!

RAM-> they may get faulty over time but we go on increasing their capacity !!!!
SMPS-> this one also tends to create problems over time, don't know about 80-plus ones...
Cabinet-> we change it only if we like some new design, or it gets damaged or if we get new mobo which won't fit in old one...
Optical Drive-> they won't last long these days!!! 1-1.5 year at the most be it any company.... :bye2:
Monitor-> this one also lasts longer unless we upgrade with bigger one or old one goes beyond repairs!!!
Speakers-> usually they do last long....

please do correct me if i am wrong, as this might be very "conservative" observation... :23: :23: :23:

Your observation is right buddy:)
My older pentium d based rig bought back in 2006 is also functional :bleh:
Some of my friends has older P3 & P4 running fine so that's not an issue, issue is simply performance :lol: you know that how the games gfx are improving & getting heavier day by day .

Cheers

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Hiii Alpha17 look into these temperatures
2zfigsm.png

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

I will sell it

Cheers

Back