Budget 51-70k Gaming rig for microsoft flight simulator

P.Ping Tom

Disciple
Hi guys,

This rig is for a friend of mine. Since I'm not a gamer I'm turning to you guys for advice. My friend wants to use this for simulator-type games ONLY. He usually gets his 'IT guy' to buy his PC's for him, but the configs he's recommended seems a tad bit expensive. Am including both here for your input - apologies if this post is in the wrong format.

Config 1 -

AMD FX 8 Core Processor,
ASUS motherboard with multiple display
8GB RAM, 1TB HDD,DVD Writer
22" LED Samsung/LG, Full ATX Cabinet
Keyboard n Mouse wireless
Windows 7 64bit
@ Rs 51800/- (This is all the details he's mentioned)

Config 2 -

1.Asus SABERTOOTH Z77 Motherboard
2.Processor: i7 3.9 Ghz, 2nd Generation
3.RAM:Corsair Vengeance 8 gb
4.Nvidia GTX 560 Ti 1gb
5.1 TB Seagate HardDisk
6.DVD write
7.700 Watts CoolerMaster SMPS
8.CoolerMaster Cabinet Elite 410
9.Key Board and Mouse
10.Samsung LED 22"
@ Rs 68500/-

Windows 7 64Bit @ Rs 9200/-

Thanks all. Looking forward to hearing from you guys. Cheers.

1. Q: What is your budget?
    • 50-60k Maximum.

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • None - need full configuration from you guys :)

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • N/A - buying all hardware from scratch based on recos collected from here.

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - would prefer corei5 or i7 based on what you guys feel is necessary, or AMD equivalent
    • Motherboard - would prefer Asus or Gigabyte

• GPU - open to recommendations on ATI or nvidia - something good.

• RAM - 8gb, no preference for brand

• Monitor - would like a good hd monitor, at least 23", open to LED. This and gfx card are the two most important components.
    • SMPS - Corsair - whatever you guys feels would be the right wattage for something like this
    • HDD - Seagate/WD 1TB - pls suggest which one
    • Cabinet - Coolermaster I'm guessing, but open to suggestion
    • DVD writer - any one
    • Mouse/Keyboard - Logitech I'm guessing, but whatever you guys feel would be good fro flight simulator. Pls mention model number
    • O/S - Windows 7 pro 64bit

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Final config - might upgrade gfx card in a year, might upgrade monitor

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai (preferable)
    • Open to Online

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
  8. No
  9. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming

10. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No Kingston, no iball

11. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Racing/flight simulator - high settings

@P.Ping Tom this is what I suggest --

Intel Core i5 3550 ~13000/-
Intel DH77KC ~7000/- OR ASUS P8H77-M PRO ~9000/-
Corsair XMS3 OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 ~3500/-
AMD HD 7850 ~16500/- OR AMD HD 7870 2GB ~23000/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB [64MB cache] ~5000/-
HP [boxed] optical drive ~1000/-
Corsair TX V2650W ~5800/-
NZXT Gamma ~2400/-
Dell ST2220L ~8500/-
APC BR1100VA-IN ~5000/-
Altec Lansing BXR 1221 ~1100/-

You have not mentioned whether you will over-clock OR not so I am assuming you will not.

Also, get a good pair headphones to enjoy the experience even more, these are the options your friend has --
Ozone Attack ~1700/-
Ozone Spark ~2200/-
Corsair HS1A ~3500/-

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Last edited by a moderator:
P.Ping Tom this is what I suggest --

even the suggested locked-processor config is going beyond 70k.... :23:
does unlocked processors config such as (3570k or 3770k + Z77 mobo) provide better price to performance and/or VFM ?

about Dell ST2220L, is 5ms typical Response Time good enough for gaming?

does unlocked processors config such as (3570k or 3770k + Z77 mobo) provide better price to performance and/or VFM?

In this case no, as OP is not going to over-clock as a stock processor Intel Core i5 2500 and Core i5 2500k will perform the same [irrespective of unlocked multiplier OR not], this is because apart from a different iGP the clocks are same, the cache amount is same and the Turbo Boost is also the same.

Hope this answers your query, Cheerio!!

In this case no, as OP is not going to over-clock as a stock processor Intel Core i5 2500 and Core i5 2500k will perform the same [irrespective of unlocked multiplier OR not], this is because apart from a different iGP the clocks are same, the cache amount is same and the Turbo Boost is also the same.

Hope this answers your query, Cheerio!!

i was asking for head to head comparison between locked and unlocked setup....
lets say i5-3550+H77 v/s i5-3570k+Z77+extra CPU Cooler
price to performance and/or VFM ?

i was asking for head to head comparison between locked and unlocked setup....
lets say i5-3550+H77 v/s i5-3570k+Z77+extra CPU Cooler
price to performance and/or VFM ?

Depends on your usage patterns and if you are over-clocking OR not. I

t is not so simple to say x more value for money over y a lot of factors come into play, you will have to expound each one of them, weigh the pro's and con's of your options and make a final decision.

ALPHA17 - Thanks so much, your answer has been more than helpful. No overclocking or modding of any kind is going to be done - just need a good rig to play. Any suggestions on where the cost can be cut by about 10k, as my buddy is pretty firm on not going above 60k given the rigs limited usage. Thanks again for the info.

@P.Ping Tom you can scale back on these components --

Intel Core i5 2500 ~12000/- [instead of the Core i5 3550 but I think you should Ivy-Bridge processor as it is more power efficient]
Intel DH67-BL ~5800/- [instead of the H77 based motherboard]
Seasonic S12II 520W ~4000/- [instead of the Corsair SMPS]
AMD HD 7850 2GB ~16500/- [stick this card and over-clock in case you want to bolster its performance]
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB ~4000/- [add more hard-drive(s) later if you need to]
Corsair XMS3 OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1 ~1700/- [add the second RAM module later, dual-channel the memory for better performance]
MicroTek 800VA UPS ~2800/- [instead of APC 1.1KVA UPS, but the service network of the latter is better]

about Dell ST2220L, is 5ms typical Response Time good enough for gaming?

Yes, that is the standard these days, in-fact most people with eIPS-panel monitors [DELL Ultrasharp series] find even the 8ms response time good enough for gaming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back