Gaming rig under 42-43K INR

LakshG

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?

41-43K(max)

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

Ill be starting from the scratch.

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

Speakers.

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

I'm no fanboy or anything but I'd like to go for a AMD config purely because I'd be spending heavily on a GPU.I'm really keen on buying an Nvidia 560 Ti edition as I intend to learn CUDA programming in future.If that doesnt fit into my budget,I'll prefer ATI Radeon 6870..

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

No.This would be a full and final configuration

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Mumbai/Delhi(whichever is cheaper).I have a brother working in Delhi who could ship me the components if things are cheaper there.

Open to online deals to provided they are reliable.

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Gaming Download rig, 24x7 operation Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

No such bias towards any brand.Would happily go for a Intel config too provided it fits in my budget

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

The latest games like Battlefield 3,Assassin's Creed Relevations,Metro 2033,Crysis 2 and the latest ones at full HD resolution

Monitor would preferably be a 20 inch full HD LCD /LED one(No idea which ones better)

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Gaming -Both as high as possible on a 20 inch monitor HD

Desktop - Both as high as possible on a 20 inch monitor HD

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

Not right now.Maybe in future

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 32/64 bit

I intend to buy this rig within the next 2 weeks. I'd also like to know if Lamington road dealers provide discounts over such large purchases,which are the most reliable stores in Lamington,which also provide good after sales services or should I prefer shopping from Delhi cuz SMC international have been very prompt with their replies to my queries.

It'll be really nice if anyone of you guys has contacts in Lamington Road and can help me negotiate the price to a reasonable value so that I get best value for money.

Another problem is the HDD.The current prices are skyhigh and I dont have an old used up HDD to use as of now.Would you suggest I buy the HDD now or wait for a few months till the prices settle down.You could say that having a HDD right now is mandatory for me.

Another problem is the HDD.The current prices are skyhigh and I dont have an old used up HDD to use as of now.Would you suggest I buy the HDD now or wait for a few months till the prices settle down.You could say that having a HDD right now is mandatory for me.

HDD is a storage device. Its where you store your windows operating system and games, movies, music etc.... So a normal Windows computer can't function without a HDD/SSD.

But the SSD's are very costly. So if you dont have a old HDD and want a PC there there is no option for you but to get one now. You may try though to get a used one so that its lighter on your budget.

Components Description Price (INR)

Processor Intel Core i3 2100 6450

Motherboard Intel DH67BL(B3) 5400

RAM Corsair 4GB DDRIII 1333MHz 1100

HDD Seagate 1TB 7200.12 5000

GPU SAPPHIRE HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 11500

Monitor Benq G2220HD 7200

Cabinet NZXT Gamma 2300

PSU Seasonic S12II 430w 2650

Key Board Logitech MMKB+Mouse 650

Mouse - -

ODD Samsung 22X SATA DVD 900

Speakers - -

Total 43200

The MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozer II/OC costs ~14.8k and will not fit in your budget!

Hehe lol I know what the HDD means.The problem is the current high prices.I think ill go for a 20 inch monitor and a 500 GB HDD ...and from what Ive read AMD rig can accomodate the 560 Ti.I'd like to know provided I stretch my budget to 45000 will I be able to accomodate 560 Ti??

I was recommended to rig listed below.Can you provide any suggestions to it?I'm assuming this will cost me about 45000 or so.Im willing stretch my budget a wee little bit from 43 to 45 provide I can accomodate the rig I've been recommended by SMC international ...
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 BE (975 BE is not available) @ Rs.6,800/-

> Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 @ Rs.4,850/-

> HDD: Seagate 500GB SATA 7200rpm @ Rs.4,100/-

> GPU: MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC 1GB GDDR5 @ Rs.14,800/-

> Monitor: Dell IN2030M 20" LED @ Rs.5,850/-

> Cabinet: Cooler Master Elite 310 (Elite 310 with transparent side-window
is not available) @ Rs.1,700/-

> ODD: HP DVD-RW 24x boxed pack (LG DVD-RW is only available in OEM
packaging) @ Rs.950/-

Sub-total: Rs.39,050/-
Discount: Rs.50/-
Shipping: Free Surface shipping

GRAND TOTAL: Rs.39,000/-
I intend to buy a 4 GB RAM 1600 mhz one from Mumbai along with a corsair v2 builder series 600 W PSU assuming it should be enough to power up my rig.
Plus a wireless/wired keyboard mouse Logitech.
Can this all be accomodated within 45-46K??
What other configurations would you guys suggest for me?
I'd also like to know where I should buy this rig from?Delhi (SMC international ) or Mumbai Lamington Road?
SMC is providing me free shipping but they say I might have to pay 5 percent octroi on delivery?Do courier companies usually charge that 5 percent?Can anyone elaborate a lil more on that?
If thats the case Ill buy the whole rig from Mumbai itself.minus the HDD and monitor which appear to be cheaper there in Delhi.

AnandTech - Bench - CPU

The Core i3 2100 is much better for gaming than the PhenomII X4 and also the load power consumption is significantly lower.

To add to that the difference between 500GB and 1TB HDD is just ~1k. So by paying 25% more you will get double the capacity. Considering your requirements I would suggest the 1TB HDD. Even before the price hike there was a difference of ~0.8k between the 500GB and 1TB HDD.

Thirdly I would suggest a 22" 1080p monitor since your primary usage is HD movies. The Dell 20" has a resolution of 1600*900 only.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions bro.However I'm very keen on including the 560 Ti in my budget and adding the monitor and HDD that you suggested overshoots my budget a lil too much and we havent even got to the power supply yet.Heard 560 Ti is a power muncher and the seasonic you suggested might not be enough for me.

Also I'd be forced to go for the Cooler 310 elite purely out of budget reasons.

So what would be your final recommendation at the end of the day within 45K including a 560 Ti.The processor-mobo combo comes out to be almost same as compared to an AMD config so I might as well go the Intel way.

@LakshG: The config suggested by DarkAngel is much better than the one suggested by SMC..

Possibly they want to clear the stock by selling the DELL monitor..

You can reduce your spending by choosing a less expensive cabinet, 500 GB HDD.. add around 1K and you'll have MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozer II/OC..

just my 2 cents..

@overclocked.Dude thanks for the reply.Assuming my budget will increase to 47K what would be exact config and the pricing that you would suggest for me?Would like to include the 560 Ti and a BenQ 22 inch Full HD monitor instead and a 1600Mhz RAM instead..Would I be able to accomodate a 1 TB HDD and a better PSU cuz I'm not very sure if the one mentioned by DarkAngel would suffice.I'd like to go for the Corsair V2 600W builder series instead which will give me some extra room.

Back