Budget 51-70k Gaming Rig Under 60k

Guys looking out for a gaming rig for my cousin..Totally lost touch of the lastest hardware updates.
Please help...need to get one this weekend :)

1. Q: What is your budget? 60K
  2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model) None
  3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    1. None
  4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement. Didn't give it a thought
  5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    1. Wont upgrade for a long time in future.
  6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    1. Lamington Road
    2. Open to online purchase
  7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    1. May be - Not sure
  8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    1. Gaming
    2. Browsing
    3. Watching movies.
  9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    1. Nothing as such.
  10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    1. All sorts of games.
  11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920x1080
    2. Desktop - 1920x1080
  12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    1. No
  13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    1. Windows 7 64 bit

Any suggestions are welcome...Lets not try to go beyond the budget unless absolutely necessary...If you could include pricing as well that could be perfect.

Mac.rock7 Do read the op's requirements,He doesn't want to overclock so no need to suggest K series processor and Z77 mobo. rohan30186 go for this rig-
Intel i5 3550-12.5k
Asus P8H77-M-8k
Gskill RipjawsX 2X4GB 1600MHZ-3.5k
SAPPHIRE HD7850 2GB-15.3k
Segate 1TB 7200.14 RPM-5.5k OR Segate 500GB-4k[If you want get 2nd hand HDD from the TE market]
Seasonic S12ii 620W-4.6k OR Corsair TX650V2-5.2k
Corsair Carbide 400R-5k OR Nzxt Gamma-2.1k
Dell ST2220-8.5k
Microtek 800VA UPS-2.9k
Hope this helps.:)
rohan30186 Mate

Intel i5 3570K-14.5k
Asus P8Z77M-PRO-12.5k or ASRock Z77 Pro4 4 Ports of USB3.0 & SATA3.0 - 8.8K
APC BR1.1KVA-5kWestern Digital 2TB 64MB, 7200 RPM Caviar Black - 12.5K
SAPPHIRE HD7850 2GB GDDR5 Graphic Card - 16K
NZXT Tempest 410 Mid Tower Steel cabinet - 4.8K
Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 SMPS - 5.6K

Hope this help.

Cheers.

Mac.rock7 Do read the op's requirements,He doesn't want to overclock so why are you suggesting K series processor and Z77 mobo. rohan30186 go for this rig-
Intel i5 3550-12.5k
Asus P8H77-M-8k
SAPPHIRE HD7850 2GB-15.3k
Segate 1TB 7200.14 RPM-5.5k OR Segate 500GB-4k[If you want get 2nd hand HDD from the TE market]
Seasonic S12ii 620W-4.6k OR Corsair TX650V2-5.2k
Corsair Carbide 400R-5k OR Nzxt Gamma-2.1k
Dell ST2220-8.5k
Microtek 800VA UPS-2.9k
Hope this helps.:)

Config looks great! Just wondering whats the difference between H77 and Kseries motherboard. This would be used by a 10th passed out kid...So gaming, movies and facebook would 99% usage...

As for cabinet NZXT gamma should be perfect if 7850 fits in ;-)

Few questions I have....He has a UPS...so can that be spend on 24inch or higher size monitor.Which model to go for? How are 3D monitors for gaming?
Do we need a 15k gfx card? I dont think he would go extreme on settings....
Last but not least ...Should i get a SSD for this rig?

The k series processor need a good overclking Z77 series motheboards which are excellent for ocing and no k processors can have H77 mobos as they fit non overcloking specs and are less costly hence H77 mobo is suggested.
If a young kid is going game then you can sacrifice the gpu to-
Sapphire HD6870-11k and for SSD Corsair Force 3 60GB-4.7k this would good enough for OS and some apps.
3D monitors are costly,if you want to go for 24" monitor then-
Dell ST2420L-13.5k
Config looks great! Just wondering whats the difference between H77 and Kseries motherboard. This would be used by a 10th passed out kid...So gaming, movies and facebook would 99% usage...

As for cabinet NZXT gamma should be perfect if 7850 fits in ;-)

Few questions I have....He has a UPS...so can that be spend on 24inch or higher size monitor.Which model to go for? How are 3D monitors for gaming?
Do we need a 15k gfx card? I dont think he would go extreme on settings....
Last but not least ...Should i get a SSD for this rig?

Dont you guys think if this is for a young kid who is mostly gonna play GTA and CS cheaper processor and maybe H61 ? Video card is ok little on the higher side but he will be able to play all his games.

Edit: And in the original post he clearly says not going to overclock. I think i5 2400 is best Processor for him.

rohan30186 Mate

Intel i5 3570K-14.5k
Asus P8Z77M-PRO-12.5k or ASRock Z77 Pro4 4 Ports of USB3.0 & SATA3.0 - 8.8K
APC BR1.1KVA-5kWestern Digital 2TB 64MB, 7200 RPM Caviar Black - 12.5K
SAPPHIRE HD7850 2GB GDDR5 Graphic Card - 16K
NZXT Tempest 410 Mid Tower Steel cabinet - 4.8K
Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 SMPS - 5.6K

Hope this help.

Cheers.

good config !!!

what about cooling solution, monitor(should 3D or 24"-inch for now?), keyboard,mouse, SSD(is it required?), speakers(or Headset?)
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

If you want a 3D montior then this is the best one with your price range.
LG D2342P - 23inch 3D monitor
LG D2342P -- 23" 3D monitor with 2x FPR Glasses
http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=4480&category_id=118&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

Agree with @Mac.rock7 on the monitor. Get a huge 3D monitor (24" or 27") and about 10-11k graphics card. OP's cousin won't probably bother to switch on all AA and AF. Don't go for office type monitors, like Dell ones. The processor can be a basic i5 or a bit higher like @Zloyd has suggested. Would like to differ on the GTA and CS part though. A 10th passed kid would be more interested in specialized genre games than adults IMO (well I was :p). No need to go for SSD imo, a 2TB 7200rpm will be enough for quite a long time.

@OP this is a very bad time to gift him a monster of a gaming system. Give him a mid-range desktop instead so that he can focus on studies when the time comes. Sorry to be preaching .. but couldn't help it :bleh:. I had got my system when I was in 10th and that went on to destroy my academic career :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with Mac.rock7 on the monitor. Get a huge 3D monitor (24" or 27") and about 10-11k graphics card. OP's cousin won't probably bother to switch on all AA and AF. Don't go for office type monitors, like Dell ones. The processor can be a basic i5 or a bit higher like Zloyd has suggested. Would like to differ on the GTA and CS part though. A 10th passed kid would be more interested in specialized genre games than adults IMO (well I was :p). No need to go for SSD imo, a 2TB 7200rpm will be enough for quite a long time.

@OP this is a very bad time to gift him a monster of a gaming system. Give him a mid-range desktop instead so that he can focus on studies when the time comes. Sorry to be preaching .. but couldn't help it :bleh:. I had got my system when I was in 10th and that went on to destroy my academic career :(

:scared14:

btw, what is "OP"??? :confused1: :confused1: :confused1:

If you are getting an SSD, dont get the Corsair Force when you can get the Crucial M4 in India through primeabgb.

I concur with pbaner... if you are spending so much, might as well get a good monitor which will last longer.
A genuine query to others.. has 3D monitor technology matured?
Otherwise a nice IPS panel like Dell U2312HM is a good idea.

A genuine query to others.. has 3D monitor technology matured?

To answer the latter first - At my workplace, I work with professional 3D monitor's using both active & passive glasses (the passive ones are the best). In the consumer category - the 3D monitor's are still exorbitantly priced & the technologies are still at a nascent stage. Prolonged use get's the eyes & mind all clammed up. I would advise that it's best to stay away from them at least for the next 2-3 years & hope things improve.

To answer the latter first - At my workplace, I work with professional 3D monitor's using both active & passive glasses (the passive ones are the best). In the consumer category - the 3D monitor's are still exorbitantly priced & the technologies are still at a nascent stage. Prolonged use get's the eyes & mind all clammed up. I would advise that it's best to stay away from them at least for the next 2-3 years & hope things improve.

so, 3D monitor is still "away for action" in terms of gaming.... :(

so, 3D monitor is still "away for action" in terms of gaming.... :(

Not true. It is primarily gaming that currently offers the best 3D experience and for this to be really immersive/interactive the monitor need's to be at least 27" and above (Large 3D Screens/Panels) or "Dual/Tri/Quad" Monitor Displays ....... which at the end of the day translates to $$$$$$

Cheers

This is now what I have thought of :

Intel i5 3550
Asus P8H77-M
Gskill RipjawsX 2X4GB 1600MHZ
SAPPHIRE HD6870 2GB
Segate 1TB 7200.14 RPM
Seasonic S12ii 620W
Nzxt Gamma
Monitor???
Logitech mouse-keyboard combo
Altec Lansing 5.1speakers....

Monitor-
Dell ST2220-8.5k
Also go for HD7850 2GB-15.3k instead of HD6870 which is 1GB not 2GB.
This is now what I have thought of :

Intel i5 3550
Asus P8H77-M
Gskill RipjawsX 2X4GB 1600MHZ
SAPPHIRE HD6870 2GB
Segate 1TB 7200.14 RPM
Seasonic S12ii 620W
Nzxt Gamma
Monitor???
Logitech mouse-keyboard combo
Altec Lansing 5.1speakers....

Monitor-
Dell ST2220-8.5k
Also go for HD7850 2GB-15.3k instead of HD6870 which is 1GB not 2GB.

Thanks buddy but looking for better n bigger monitor....and wont be investing 15k on gfx card...my cousin wont need it...M now even thinking of 6850 , as he wont be activating AF AA etc...Just basic gaming at good resolution...
Also SSD idea is dropped....if i get it will get 40gb Intel one that comes for 5k...

Would i be need 6k PSU for 6850/6870?

Better still, get an AMD based system. Phenom II x4 or x6 will save you a lot of money over the Intels and you can instead invest that in the Monitor (make it 27")/Graphics/Speakers. Get Wireless Gaming Keyboard-Mouse combo. Get a good SMPS/Cabinet combo.

Even then, @rohan30186 I hope you know what you're doing. I mean no offence and don't want to be a prick. But gifting such a rig to a 10th passed kid might distract him and make him perennially addicted, unless you want him to tread the gizmozone or if he is mature enough to know his priorities. Hope latter is the case. All the Best!

Last edited by a moderator:
M not buying him...His dad is :p !! I'm just giving him the config n helping with installation. His dad has planned for this well in advance. he has a computer table with lock on it ;-)

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

Plus the Kid already has a XBOX since 8th Std...I got mine after earning on my own :'( ... I think they will manage...Thanks for concern :)

good config !!!

what about cooling solution, monitor(should 3D or 24"-inch for now?), keyboard,mouse, SSD(is it required?), speakers(or Headset?)
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

If you have enough money to buy the gaming keyboard, mouse, SDD then go for NZXT company(Mouse)
NZXT

Keyboard - Microsoft SideWinder X4 Gaming ~
Microsoft SideWinder X4 Gaming Keyboard

SDD - Corsair Force 3 120 GB SATA 3 SATA 6.0 SSD ~ 8200/-
Corsair Force 3 120 GB SATA 3 SATA 6.0 SSD

Or for keyboard, Mouse go for Razer Cyclosa keyboard Abyssus Mouse Bundle
Buy Razer Mouse | Razer Cyclosa keyboard Abyssus Mouse Bundle

Speaker - Go for Altec lensing 2.1 series
or for headset go to Corsair HS1A Gaming Headset ~ 2700/-
Corsair HS1A Gaming Headset

Hope this help.

Cheers.