Budget 41-50k Gaming rig upto 50K

Detox101

Disciple
Guys looking out for a gaming rig with reasonable recent hardware..

Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
None

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
None

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

Intel Core i5 2400
Intel DH77-KC/Asus or Asrock H77 motherboards
Seagate 1TB barracuda hard drive 7200 rpm
Corsair/Gskill 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 MHz FSB
AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB DDR5
Samsung 20" LED widescreen (1600x900) with Dvi ports
NZXT Gamma cabinet
Corsair 500W PS
Samsung DVD R/W

Rest of the stuff will purchase locally

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Wont upgrade for a long time in future.

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Lamington Road/ Any other Mumbai dealer
Not open to online purchase

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
HD Gaming and Movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
No

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
All sorts of games.

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - 1600x900
Desktop - 1600x900

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit

Any suggestions are welcome...Lets not try to go beyond the budget unless absolutely necessary...If you could include pricing as well that could be perfect.

Intel i5 2400-10.5k
Intel DH67BL-B3-5.4k
Gskill RipjawsX 2X4GB 1600MHZ-3.5k
SAPPHIRE HD6870-11k[Good enough for 20" Monitor Resolution] OR Msi Twin FrozrII GTX560Ti-13.4k
Segate 1TB 7200.14 RPM-5.5k OR Segate 500GB-4k[If you want get 2nd hand HDD from the TE market]
Seasonic S12ii 620W-4.6k OR Corsair VX550-4.4k
Nzxt Gamma-2.4k
Dell IN2030M-6k
If you an UPS then you'd have to add 2k more-Microtek 800VA-3k will give you 10-15 min backup.
Hope this helps.
happy19.gif

@Jakob

I need a motherboard that supports the 1600 FBB RAM... hence the 77 series... 67 series only supports until 1333 Mhz.. I might purchase a HD monitor some time next year and I want a latest GFX card so AMD 7850..

Last edited by a moderator:
Jakob

I need a motherboard that supports the 1600 FBB RAM... hence the 77 series... 67 series only supports until 1333 Mhz.. I might purchase a HD monitor some time next year and I want a latest GFX card so AMD 7850..
Go with H77 Pro4/MVP. it's have 1600 FBB RAM support with the price of Rs.7,200/-

So you don't want a monitor for now or are you going to get 20" now and upgrade later?,You can go for HD7850-15.3k.I suggested HD6870 cause the 20" monitor reso will be handled easily by HD6870.It's up to you whether to get HD7850 or not it'll go little out of budget,If you want 1600mhz ram support then go for-ASUS P8H77-M-8k but your it'll add 4-5 more than your budget.

@Mac.rock7 What brand is that motherboard i.e. H77 Pro4/MVP?

@Jakob I will get a monitor for now... but I will upgrade to an HD monitor/TV sometime next year.. Is resolution the only difference between the two GFX cards?

Go for this configuration --

Intel Core i5 2400 ~10900/-
Intel DH77KC ~7000/-
G.Skill RIPJAWS OR Corsair XMS3 4GB x2 ~3500/-
AMD HD 7870 2GB ~22000/- [better go for this over the HD 7850 2GB OR if you can be patient, wait for the nVidia GTX 660Ti to release]

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!
@Mac.rock7 What brand is that motherboard i.e. H77 Pro4/MVP?

The problem with ASRock motherboards is the after sales service, I have read it on the forum that because only Prime ABGB imports these the availability and replace-ability of the same is spotty.

ASUS after sales by Rashi Peripherals is generally derided [in India] as a dreadful experience.

I suggest you go for the IUntel DH77KC, because --
  • Intel honours International Warranty and is welll recognized in India;
  • should be one of the cheapest H77 offerings with a decent features set [minus all solid capacitors and expansive heat-sink solutions];
  • availability.

@ALPHA17 Going with the Intel motherboard will make sense.. What about thier durability?

I have used an Intel original motherboard, this one to be precise, bought c.2006; it was my main RIG for ~4 years. Used it intensively for gaming though no over-clocking and it is still going strong and my father uses it.

So all in all I have no qualms suggesting you to go for an Intel motherboard, they might lack the bling and custom features that third party motherboards have, but that doesn't mean they cannot hold their own.

@ALPHA17 Even I used an Intel motherboard.. D101GGC with an onboard ATI Radeon graphic card back in 2004.. Lasted for more than 2 years before its sound card conked off... then with a few months time.. the motherboard gave up... Sold off my old system for 6000 in 2010...

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

@ALPHA17 Even I used an Intel motherboard.. D101GGC with an onboard ATI Radeon graphic card back in 2004.. Lasted for more than 2 years before its sound card conked off... then with a few months time.. the motherboard gave up... Sold off my old system for 6000 in 2010...
Sorry it was in 2005 and not 2004..

The problem with ASRock motherboards is the after sales service, I have read it on the forum that because only Prime ABGB imports these the availability and replace-ability of the same is spotty.

Hi, just wanted to clarify that prime neither imports nor services ASRock motherboards in India. Mediaman Infotech / Jupiter international is the importer and distributor of these boards, and service for ASRock is provided by Digicare, the same people who provide service for Intel.

ASRock > Where to buy > Asian
ASRock And DIGICARE Reveal Partnership In India To Provide New RMA Service

Hi, just wanted to clarify that prime neither imports nor services ASRock motherboards in India. Mediaman Infotech / Jupiter international is the importer and distributor of these boards, and service for ASRock is provided by Digicare, the same people who provide service for Intel.

ASRock > Where to buy > Asian
ASRock And DIGICARE Reveal Partnership In India To Provide New RMA Service

I was aware of who handles the after sales of ASRock in India, I have been to the Bangalore Digicare Service Centre enough number of times that I knew they were the guys covering ASRock.

But the main criteria is how many ASRock motherboards do you see circulating in the market?

Also ASRock has recently come into the spotlight thanks to its excellent Panther-Point offerings, guess who are the major retailers of ASRock in India.
Prime ABGB.

Okay I am also linking the thread where I read the above allegation, to clear the air.

Likewise. Since you are a regular poster here, i thought you could use that information. Iam not trying to imply ASrock has excellent reach in the market or that their service is top notch. Iam neutral on that.

Good day.

Back