Car & Bike Gearless Scooter thread

I have an ooooold activa (first one). Did some 15k worth of repairs last month, still walked out with the problem I walked in with. The damn self start doesnt work half the time I turn it on. Like nothing happens when you press the button. Sometimes when I press the horn and The ignition at the same time, it picks up. Imbeciles cant figure it out. Changed the button too. Im thinking it might be the vehicle key switch probably. But the horn works all the time. I even got the whole wiring changed, new battery, new tires, changed clutch, gear and all other shit too too. Still the same problem. Fcuking insane.
heh we've also been there, done that. With the repair costs we could've bought a brand new Activa lol.[DOUBLEPOST=1450773616][/DOUBLEPOST]
^ Bought an Activa in 2006 for 45k.

We bought the first model immediately after it hit the market. Paid 38k iirc. I might be wrong. Also bought the Discover after its launch. Paid 48k.

Last edited:
^ Bought an Activa in 2006 for 45k.
Don't remember how much i spent until 2013 but last 2 years i shell out around 20k. Sold it.

I know a uncle who has this same model bought in same year.. Still in mint condition, No scratches. Only goes for servicing.. every 3 months or so. He drove some 40k kms while i drove 62k before selling it. Driving matters.

I was surprised about Honda bringing a new Gearless scooter. Later realized its Hero.
Heh thanks for correcting,
Hero Zir looks cool, more like a sports bike a bit, should be in my budget. Waiting for it to release.
I liked Vespa a lot, looks premium.
Bit confused right now.

My Activa's fuel reading is so flawed/inaccurate its ridiculous.
Anyone checked out New Hero Gearless? Too many Ads on TV>
That Na'Vi?
My first thought when I saw a picture on the newspaper was: these people have gone bonkers.
The ugliest looking two-wheeler ever made in recent years. And Hero is bragging about its "weird" designs? Are their management high? Its actually insulting they dared to think that Indians would happily accept whatever is given.

Honest review of Activa 3G which has done 14,000 kms. (20kms daily)

- Acceleration cable changed at 1,000 kms, Too soon,
- Front shocks were changed at 12,000 kms, Went kaput.
- Back shocks to be replaced, Starting to make sounds.
- Was supplied with Faulty center stand, From the starting the service center people aren't able to solve this issue.
- Vehicle was supplied with TVS tyres, Needed to be changed because of the air loss too often, No puncture detected.

Oveall an average experience with sub-standard hyderabad roads. The Vehicle is simply overpriced and yes, their parts are sub-standard now a days, My experience with 2nd Generation ACTIVA was better.

Checked out ACTIVA 4G, Same thing overpriced in the name of BS 4. Unless your daily drive is less than 5-6 kms don't buy this vehicle.

Last edited:
Yeah Activa used to be VFM in its early years but now it's overpriced. Mine had two defects which I found out only later. Seller said it was manufacturing defect so they aren't responsible. Also older Honda Dio is better than New Dio BS4 in both price and performance. I wish I had gotten the Dio. I wanted to buy it later this year. The BS3 deadline caught me off guard. :(

Back