Budget 21-30k General Pupose Rig for Home

ampdr1

Disciple
Good Morning all,

well, i wanted help for building an inexpensive general purpose Home machine. The user has also mentioned about use of Tally software so that is also needed to include....

Questions

1. Q: What is your budget?
    • 21-30K

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    NA
  3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    NA
  4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    no clue whats so ever
  5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 3years....

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai
    • Open to online purchase

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming- not much
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • HTPC
    • Watching HD movies
    • will be more or less general purpose machine for home use with the use of Tally and/or Office and little gaming (if budget permits...)

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    NA
  10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • NA

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. suitable for :
    2. Gaming- not much
    3. Browsing
    4. Desktop Processing
    5. HTPC
    6. Watching HD movies
    7. will be more or less general purpose machine for home use with the use of Tally and/or Office and little gaming (if budget permits...)

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • NO

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit (which edition will be cost-effective for home use?)
    • Tally software

This is what I suggest @amdpdr1 --

Intel RIG
Intel Core i3 2120 ~6500/- OR Intel Pentium G620 ~3500/-
Intel DH61-WW ~3500/-
Corsair 4GB x1 ValueRAM ~1300/- [OR get a 2GB module of the same for ~800/-]
AMD HD5670 ~5000/- [if you want to game]
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB ~4000/-
HP [boxed] optical drive ~1000/-
Corsair CX v2430W ~2700/-
Some cheap Zebronics / local cabinet [minus SMPS] ~1000/- OR NZXT Gamma ~2500/-
LOGITECH K100 [keyboard + mouse combo] ~450-
DELL IN2030M ~6500/-
APC BR600VA-IN ~1900/-

AMD APU based RIG --
AMD A6-3650 ~6500/-
GIGABYTE-A7M-D2H ~5900/-
G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3500- [OR get a single 1600MHz 4GB module for now and another later as the Llano iGP scales very well with faster frequency RAM --> Making Memory Performance Matter Again : AMD A8-3850 Review: Llano Rocks Entry-Level Desktops / Testing Different Memory Speeds on AMD's A8-3850 Llano APU - Memory Performance on AMD's A-Series APU - Legit Reviews]
[rest of the configuration same as Intel RIG]

We are very happy that the readers of Legit Reviews wrote in and asked us about how memory performance scales with clock frequency on AMD's A-Series APU. We learned a good deal about this platform by doing more memory specific testing and we are happy to report back that we found no stability or performance issues on our test platforms at any of the clock frequencies and even with 16GB of memory stuffed into this platform.

We found that the memory bandwidth ranges from 13GB/s to 16GB/s with typical dual channel memory kits on our AMD A8-3850 APU and Gigabyte A75-UD4H motherboard. This difference doesn't sound that great, but a 3GB/s increase when dealing with 13GB is a very nice 23% performance increase. Most of this performance gain is seen when moving up from a 1333Mhz to a 1600MHz memory kit is where you'll see the largest performance jump. For example 2x4GB 1333MHz CL8 memory kit was able to hit ~12.7GB/s memory bandwidth, but the 2x4GB 1600MHz CL8 memory kit has ~15.0GB/s of memory bandwidth, which is a very nice 18% improvement over 1333MHz. Loading up all of the boards memory slots with four memory modules rather than just two modules did result in a slight performance boost that was noticed in nearly all of the benchmarks that we ran. Some areas like video encoding offered minimal performance gains though, so if you just surf the web and rip a video here and there a super fast 1866MHz memory kit isn't necessary.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Motherboard - Intel DH67BL-B3 - 5500/-
Ram - Corsair XMS3 or Gskill RipjawsX 2X2GB 1600MHZ - 1600/-
HDD - Seagate 1TB HDD - 5000/-
Cabinet - Bijli or lava - 1100/- [It will give you a best cooling in your current config suggested by me]
UPS - APC 650VA - 2000/-

Why does OP need a H67 based motherboard? [he mentions most of the time, this RIG will work on Tally]

Why does he need ~1600MHz RAM modules for the Intel RIG.

Price for the Corsair CX v2430W [costs ~2500/- and above], graphics card [HD 6670 ~6000/-] and the UPS is off [the APC BR650VA-IN costs ~2800/-].

And the Zebronics cabinet is wonderfully good to save cash, they do not have an airflow and cable routing system so to speak of.

If you are copying posts, please do a good job of it.

But if he want to upgrade in the future with most of his components and his budget is around 21 - 30K. Then he can buy all this components within a ease.

Why? intel rig can't take 1600MHZ in. So why does intel put the 1600MHZ range in it. You are more knowledgeable then me, I know that, but can you explain
about intel rig can't take modular ram.

I have edited my post please you do the same for me in your post. thank you.

Okay Shiva, please learn some basic grammar before posting, your comments are so incoherent that I cannot make head OR tail out of them.

If you intend to say OP can upgrade his components later easily, I doubt that course of action because they would have mentioned the same in the template. He says it will be overhauled ~3 years later, which socket OR for that matter what we will be using for day-to-day computing will have undergone the most drastic changes for all I can say. Okay I agree that the DH67-BL is more robust on the count of features supported like USB 3.0 and SATA III.

Second statement makes even lesser sense, where have you posted this earlier can you link-back. Halt! I will just go through your post history. Shouldn't be an issue as you have only 8 posts so far.

The Intel can utilize the 1600MHz RAM modules but how would it matter in this case to OP, he is not going to game a lot nor is he over-clocking the living daylights out of his system. After that what do you mena by 'modular RAM'?

I will not edit any of my posts, if you find it offensive please report it to the MOD's.

ProcessorIntel Core i3 21206500
MotherboardIntel DH61-WW3500
RAMCorsair 4GB x1 ValueRAM1300
GPU
NA
SSDNA0
HDDSeagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB4000
Optical DriveHP [boxed] optical drive1000
Power SupplyCorsair CX v2 430W2700
CPU CoolerNA0
CasingZebronics / local cabinet [minus SMPS]1000
Keyboard+MouseLOGITECH K100 [keyboard + mouse combo]450
MonitorDELL IN2030M6500
Headset??????
SpeakersAltec Lansing BXR 1221?
UPSAPC BR600VA-IN1900
Total28850

OR
Intel Pentium G620 ~3500/-
2GB module of the same for ~800/-
AMD HD5670 ~5000/- [if you want to game]
NZXT Gamma ~2500/-

AMD based rig:

ProcessorAMD A6-36506500
MotherboardGIGABYTE-A7M-D2H5900
RAMG.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB 1600MHz1750
GPU
NA
SSDNA0
HDDSeagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB4000
Optical DriveHP [boxed] optical drive1000
Power SupplyCorsair CX v2 430W2700
CPU Cooler0
CasingZebronics / local cabinet [minus SMPS]1000
Keyboard+MouseLOGITECH K100 [keyboard + mouse combo]450
MonitorDELL IN2030M6500
Headset??????
SpeakersAltec Lansing BXR 1221?
UPSAPC BR600VA-IN1900
Total31700

Optional:
GPU - Sapphire HD6670 - 6000/-

:signthankspin: very much ALPHA17 and shiva for helping out...

would also wanted to know...
Altec Lansing BXR 1221-> ???
Tally software-> ?
Windows 7 version suitable for this rig and price-> ???
how much shared graphics i would get in both rigs if i plan to buy discrete gpu later?

well, i hardly go for UPS unless there is specific mention about it... here in Mumbai, one hardly had any power fluctuation issue, well so far "All is well !!!" but don't know about near future... :facepalm:
will have to consider this option... :23:

Thank you once again for helping !!!
:1ign26:

Optional:
GPU - Sapphire HD6670 - 6000/-

would also wanted to know...
Altec Lansing BXR 1221-> ???
Tally software-> ?
Windows 7 version suitable for this rig and price-> ???
how much shared graphics i would get in both rigs if i plan to buy discrete gpu later?

well, i hardly go for UPS unless there is specific mention about it... here in Mumbai, one hardly had any power fluctuation issue, well so far "All is well !!!" but don't know about near future... :facepalm:
will have to consider this option.

For te AMD APU RIG you do not need to invest in a separate graphics card to enjoy gaming, the iGP on the APU die will suffice for most old games.

Altec Lansing BXR 1221 ~1000/- [current street prices]

I suggest that you go for Windows 7 Home Premium x64-bit.

If you wish to buy a separate graphics adapter in both cases, this is what will happen --
  • Intel RIG has the Intel HD2000 iGP on the CPU die, I think its maximum limit for shared memory is ~1GB so once you add a discrete card all gaming softwares and desktop environment will run of that.
  • In the AMD RIG the iGP on the APU die will enter a hybrid CrossFireX setup with the dedicated graphics card and you can switch between using the iGP, the discrete graphics card OR both in unison to power your content. On its own the AMD iGP can have upto 2GB V-RAM allocated to it.
Best buy a UPS, as you said you cannot gaze into what the future holds.

Hope this lays your doubts to rest. Cheerio!

Altec Lansing Bxr1221 2.1 Speakers - 1240/-

You know it will be a lot cheaper from Lamington Rd., Bombay. Right.

I suggest that you go for Windows 7 Home Premium x64-bit.

If you wish to buy a separate graphics adapter in both cases, this is what will happen --
  • Intel RIG has the Intel HD2000 iGP on the CPU die, I think its maximum limit for shared memory is ~1GB so once you add a discrete card all gaming softwares and desktop environment will run of that.
  • In the AMD RIG the iGP on the APU die will enter a hybrid CrossFireX setup with the dedicated graphics card and you can switch between using the iGP, the discrete graphics card OR both in unison to power your content. On its own the AMD iGP can have upto 2GB V-RAM allocated to it.
Best buy a UPS, as you said you cannot gaze into what the future holds.

Hope this lays your doubts to rest. Cheerio!

You know it will be a lot cheaper from Lamington Rd., Bombay. Right.

u got tht very right about street pricing !!! :evilgrin39:

in case of Intel, if i want to use iGPU as well as discrete GPU, which motherboard will be more suitable?
i understand that the overall performance of both combined will be inferior to AMD setup but a bit better than using only one of them in case of Intel (on demand switching between discrete to iGPU)...

about s/w, how much they will be priced approx.
Windows 7 Home Premium x64-bit and Tally(don't know about version)
:sign32:

u got tht very right about street pricing !!! :evilgrin39:

in case of Intel, if i want to use iGPU as well as discrete GPU, which motherboard will be more suitable?
i understand that the overall performance of both combined will be inferior to AMD setup but a bit better than using only one of them in case of Intel (on demand switching between discrete to iGPU)...

about s/w, how much they will be priced approx.
Windows 7 Home Premium x64-bit and Tally(don't know about version)

Go for the Intel DH67-BL in the case of Intel, the best motherboard under ~7000/- price range.

Windows 7 Home Premium [retail discs] ~6500/ - [retail discs available here -- Windows 7 Home Premium]
Windows 7 Home Premium [OEM copy] ~3900/- [ask the shop-owner to provide this, please note OEM discs have a limited number of times install license]

No idea about Tally pricing. Cheerio!

[OT]

Okay Shiva, please learn some basic grammar before posting, your comments are so incoherent that I cannot make head OR tail out of them.
Its "i'm-not-macrock" Shiva. If you spot someone making posts like this, 99% its him. Please ignore them and report it so the mods can deal with him.

[/OT]

Go for the Intel DH67-BL in the case of Intel, the best motherboard under ~7000/- price range.

Cheerio!

thanks for helping out for Windows OS

what i meant by using iGPU and discrete GPU together is mobo supporting "LucidLogix® Virtu™ MVP Technology"
will that be more efficient and/or further increase mobo price? i think from Z68/H68 chipsets it has such support
any worth mention for this kind of tight budget?

what i meant by using iGPU and discrete GPU together is mobo supporting "LucidLogix® Virtu™ MVP Technology"
will that be more efficient and/or further increase mobo price? i think from Z68/H68 chipsets it has such support
any worth mention for this kind of tight budget?

I do not think any Z68 / Z77 based offering is that cheap that you will be capable of integrating in this RIG [at current budget levels, there is no H68 chipset].

Stick to AMD APU if you want to game, even older games will run better on this than on Intel's rudimentary HD-series iGP]. Else go for an Intel Pentium G based system + discrete GPU.

Back