Graphic Cards Get a Titan X or 980 GTX SLI

Fenix

Radhey Krishan
Skilled
I dont know what to do but here is the fix. Cant go for 980 Ti SLI as i have a 700 watts SMPS from Cooler master and this set up wont run on it. I am getting the Titan X for 850 USD and 2 x 980 GTX for 900 USD .

I know that an overclocked 980 Ti performs better than a TITAN X but an overclocked TITAN X will be future proof for me. Plus i am also upgrading to a 1600p monitor or a 3440X1440 monitor. I mostly play RTS on PC. Rest its going to be a PS4 soon. I am getting TITAN X for almost 150$ less and was getting the GTX 980 in SLI at 900$. Thus wanted to see the comparison.

980 SLi >980ti >titan
the only real advantage titan has is more ram but i'm quite sure the gpu horsepower games will require will outpace vram requirements. even if you consider console ports the next gen of hardware is some years off and current hardware is limited in ram to i think about 8gb(not sure about this). hence ti over titan bu that's only if you're considering the titan.
ultimately, gpu horsepower is what makes a game squeal so, more the merrier. hence, cuda power(sli) over everything else would be my final suggestion.
imo too more future proof.

do you know what specific cooler master psu you're using?

Last edited:
It almost 6 years old. SLI Certified . Real Power Pro - 700 watts .
I am going for Titan becoz of the discount and played on cousins system which was a 260 GTX SLI and boi,its not a good experience with stuttering.

^^ Good choice. The main gripe with 980 is the 4GB VRAM. In my case, I knew that I would not be going 4k till 2016, so I didn't really bother about the VRAM and even still I have already seen games like Shadows of Mordor that require more than 4GB VRAM for the Ultra texture pack while playing at FHD. If you any intention of going for a 4k display, then going fro 980Ti or Titan X makes sense.

Wife is coming on 19th July and will place the order today for 4th July. Till now it is 980 GTX SLI . Getting them for 55000 INR .

Back