Get anything from USA, even from eBay US auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.
skoka123 said:
What, so many requests and not one response? I hope this is not going to be another Lynx

He might be sending PMs for the individual requests. Have you sent him something for a quote?

No I dd not. What is so secretive about it to send by PM? The questions were asked via forum posts and it would help all to know what the quotes are.

This reminds me of the other forum where a similar thread was posted with much grand fanfare and then in the end we were told that he just wanted to get a feel for customer demand.

Generally it's hard from the dealer's POV to have a PM sent and intimate the same on the thread. Nothing wrong IMO. KMD does the same although he might take a while since he has to cater to a whole lot of requests per day!

Hi skoka123

I prefer sending PM's. You are the one who introduced me to this forum. when I was searching for philips pronto universal remote.

skoka123 said:
No I dd not. What is so secretive about it to send by PM? The questions were asked via forum posts and it would help all to know what the quotes are.

This reminds me of the other forum where a similar thread was posted with much grand fanfare and then in the end we were told that he just wanted to get a feel for customer demand.

Have u ever seen KMD replying to individual threads. Dats fine if he feels comfortable sending individual PMs.

If u are uncomfortable with the same, PM him and get ur quote, else dnt bother. :mad:

clown_abhi said:
Have u ever seen KMD replying to individual threads. Dats fine if he feels comfortable sending individual PMs.

If u are uncomfortable with the same, PM him and get ur quote, else dnt bother. :mad:

This is something which doesnt make sense. I feel the whole "Get anything from US" thing just doesnt make sense, mainly because it's not transparent. Allow me to explain (and I hope Fizz takes this as a suggestion)

(1) Person X asks a quote for an item and gets PMd a different rate (and I am not talking about shipping within India) than Person Y. Is this fair? Yes, the dealer/seller has a right to quote what he feels like but is it fair to the community? Why not make the quote public and any further reduction upto the buyer's bargaining capabilities. Isnt that the way all other sellers work?

(2) I dont mind paying a 10,20 or even 50% dealer premium on an item I am getting imported above and beyond what it costs the dealer to import the stuff. After all the dealer is providing a service and has a right to charge for it. But the same should be stated upfront. So for instance instead of a flat PM of INR XXXX for this item I would like to see INR XXX + XXX (duties) + XXX (margin).

Though I have got stuff from KMD in the past, on several occassions I have been quoted rates which to me seemed exhorbitant (50% markups on low value/weight items like razor blades). Though it is possible that it might actually cost the dealer that much in duties to get the stuff imported and his margin is just 10 percent, thats not the impression it left me with. I feel in the long run a transparent system will get more buyers.

The argument that it is not done yet, is not a justification at all.

Just my 2 pence.

^^

Both are very bad ideas and No seller would take it

1. He buys from a shop, how can u bargain to him? Does online shops allow that?

2. The duties, shipping costs vary from time to time. that will never be possible.

m-jeri said:
^^

Both are very bad ideas and No seller would take it

1. He buys from a shop, how can u bargain to him? Does online shops allow that?
2. The duties, shipping costs vary from time to time. that will never be possible.

1. Bargain would be on his margins obviously (as all bargains are). What he pays to the shop are known to both him and you (since you are the one who sends him a link)
2. Duties do not change from time to time. Shipping costs to an extent yes but again if it is that variable a buffer can be built in.

No seller would take it precisely because buyers like you dont ask for it.

Edit - Neway what I was suggesting was not that what I listed was the perfect way. But I do feel there is a better way than the "take it or leave it" way in which it is done currently. I am sure there would be more than one member who would've thought KMD charges insane prices though maybe its not what he charges but what the govt. charges.

Welcomes to the new dealer on TE....
Competition is always healthy....
Would suggest to start some GO's for earphones, gfx cards, mp3 players and gizmos (i.e low weight items) and give INSANE pricing :)

Vulc4n said:
This is something which doesnt make sense. I feel the whole "Get anything from US" thing just doesnt make sense, mainly because it's not transparent. Allow me to explain (and I hope Fizz takes this as a suggestion)

(1) Person X asks a quote for an item and gets PMd a different rate (and I am not talking about shipping within India) than Person Y. Is this fair? Yes, the dealer/seller has a right to quote what he feels like but is it fair to the community? Why not make the quote public and any further reduction upto the buyer's bargaining capabilities. Isnt that the way all other sellers work?

(2) I dont mind paying a 10,20 or even 50% dealer premium on an item I am getting imported above and beyond what it costs the dealer to import the stuff. After all the dealer is providing a service and has a right to charge for it. But the same should be stated upfront. So for instance instead of a flat PM of INR XXXX for this item I would like to see INR XXX + XXX (duties) + XXX (margin).

Though I have got stuff from KMD in the past, on several occassions I have been quoted rates which to me seemed exhorbitant (50% markups on low value/weight items like razor blades). Though it is possible that it might actually cost the dealer that much in duties to get the stuff imported and his margin is just 10 percent, thats not the impression it left me with. I feel in the long run a transparent system will get more buyers.

The argument that it is not done yet, is not a justification at all.

Just my 2 pence.

I 2nd the 1st point, quotes should be made public. further discounts can be given to premium buyers on sellers will.

^^ Who is a premium buyer ??

Is it someone who buys lots of stuff or whose order is of a higher or over a certain threshold value ?

One such dealer has already mentioned that you should try to get things that are difficult to get here in India. Now getting razer blades from US ? Thats extreme.

When I ordered my BluRay drive, the premium I paid was a fraction of the cost. So I was happy getting it. Why would I order "7 o' clock" blades from US when I can get the same thing here at fraction of the cost.

I am not sure what razor blades the person must have ordered. I mean it can be Gillette Fusion blades that i suppose (not sure though) are not available in India

rajndra said:
One such dealer has already mentioned that you should try to get things that are difficult to get here in India. Now getting razer blades from US ? Thats extreme.

When I ordered my BluRay drive, the premium I paid was a fraction of the cost. So I was happy getting it. Why would I order "7 o' clock" blades from US when I can get the same thing here at fraction of the cost.

Yes, it sounds stupid doesn't it. Thats because it is. So why would anyone do something like that. Maybe because some razor blades do come in the category of "not available in India". Not everyone shaves with 7 o' clock you know.

Plus, you missed the whole point. The point wasnt that they are more expensive there than they are here. It was that a hefty premium was being charged on top of whatever they cost there even for low value/weight items. For a INR 5000 drive a premium of INR 1000 might make sense, but not for something that costs INR 1500 to start with. Granted it might not make commercial sense for the importer to import such an item but then it is ridiculous to say "get anything from the US".

Try to get the idea behind what is being said instead of trying to pick holes in a specific instance quoted.

sushantV said:
Did anyone realize that FizzMall didnt even reply to all this discussion ?

Yes, and I really would like to see either him or KMD post here. I really do want to hear there views on this because till then I know only one side of the story (which is one of a buyer baffled by some weird pricing).

raksrules said:
I am not sure what razor blades the person must have ordered. I mean it can be Gillette Fusion blades that i suppose (not sure though) are not available in India

Thank you. Glad to see some people at least think before they post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back