Getting items shipped from ebay to India?

Hi guys,

I am looking to buy an item i saw on Ebay US and get it shipped to India. What would be the safest method to do so? I do not want to get into hassles of customs clearance and want it to be done automatically.

From all the options , i looked at ppobox and ishop and also borderlinx and shopandship etc. I do not have a paypal account and a credit card, would it be advisable to get one or i can just pay with my debit card and trust these guys?
Which credit card in India can help me get my money back if the items get lost?

Thanks.

That was the first thing i checked. However, It is not available there. I would like to know about the risks involved getting through other methods. Please note i am willing to pay all applicable taxes and duties.

If you are an SBI user you can safely opt for virtual cc facility. But stay away from ebay. People are suffering in ebay.in itself then how should anybody trust ebay.com??

Request a quote from iShop and they will tell you complete landing price to your door including shipping and taxes. But this is assuming the item is a 'Buy it now' item, if it's an auction they won't bid for you.

Ishop is a complete crap.:banghead: Just give 100 rs discount or so. Have asked for quote many times but still hardly 200 bucks difference and above that we have to bear octroi or any duties charges if applicable. And those SOBs call after 2 months that you quoted for so and so items would you like to order that?? WTf...Sobs..:wtf:

I just placed an order for an item on ishop from ebay and the product has been bought by them. Waiting for the item to reach their warehouse and get a tracking number. What is your experience about this?

What is your experience about this?
i've been using iShop and their subsidiaries for a couple of years... faced no issues, except from the courier guys. they use BlueDart for my area.

iShop guys expect you to inspect the package before signing for it, which all courier guys vehemently oppose.

Hi ,

I talked to the seller on ebay and he has given me a USPS tracking number that says the item has been received at their NJ warehouse at 9:30 AM today. How long would the warehouse take to update me about the received shipment?

Regards

I've been buying from ebay.com for about seven years now and before they even existed in India, most recently Asian sellers but also Russian, American and European.

IME they are much, much better experiences than buying from the jokers on eBay India. I am sad to admit that most sellers on eBay are actually cheaters and out to make a fast buck. I've lost tens of thousands of rupees on eBay India (back from the Baazee.com days as well), but when I bought from Asia (China specially) the sellers are honest and take your word for it when you say something wasn't received/was not working when received. I have got refunds for non-working power amplifier chips, something that never happens even from the stoutest of vendors in the real world.

I pay on my credit card using Paypal, which allows you to raise disputes about 45 days after the purchase. This means you are usually guaranteed to get your money or the items. Not lost any money at all till date, knock on wood.

Back