Android Gionee A1 OTA system update error

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Guys this is my uncles Gionee A1. A year old phone working flawlessly except for this.

He never updated his phones software but few weeks back he just tried ota update and it worked good
upload_2019-1-3_17-11-53.png
upload_2019-1-3_17-12-1.png
upload_2019-1-3_17-12-9.png
upload_2019-1-3_17-12-19.png

But screwed one very important setting- the Quick settings panel. Previously even if you were inside any app etc., scrolling from bottom would bring up the Quick settings panel but now you have to go back to desktop only to adjust brightness or access the Quick setting panel.

After that he got another update but due to lack of data remaining he kept denying that update.
upload_2019-1-3_17-12-37.png

Yesterday on wifi he tried to check for further updates and he is always greeted with this error:
upload_2019-1-3_17-11-13.png
upload_2019-1-3_17-11-20.png

He came to me and we tried several wifis, jio, home, airtel dingle etc. Even mobile data but all kept giving same error.
Phones storage is 55% free. Tried in safe mode, same issue.
Except for this, the phone is working perfect for all other internet activities.

On google nowhere this error can be found.

I google for stock roms and found only these "T" version roms everywhere

upload_2019-1-3_17-15-11.png

which i cannot risk as this phone has got "V" version and nowhere on the net I found any "V" variant rom either stock of modded.

upload_2019-1-3_17-13-19.png

We either need stock "V" version roms to patch to latest update or go back to April 17 stock rom.

So if anybody ever owned or is using this phone can you help troubleshoot the issue?

personally hard reset is the only one which worked for me for OTA updates. If that doesn't work, then reflashing is another option
Was thinking on soft reset as this not being a rooted phone and no foolproof root methods available yet.
Any simple hard reset method for this preferably within the phone itself without the need to use 3rd party tools.

Was thinking on soft reset as this not being a rooted phone and no foolproof root methods available yet.
Any simple hard reset method for this preferably within the phone itself without the need to use 3rd party tools.
Why one need a tool to hard reset the phone ?

That can be done thru stock recovery or within the phone.

Back