Android Gionee A1 wifi issue

nRiTeCh

Skilled
My uncle uses a year old Gionee A1 phone running on stock Amigo 4.0 os.

All is good with the phone and the only complaint he has is about wifi connectivity. This issue occurred back some months.
Whenever he hooks to any wifi at home, office, friends and yesterday my place, he is very well able to use youtube, whatsapp, fb, gaana, netflix, prime etc etc everything
But he isnt at all able to download anything from Playtore.

When in playstore, he only see Downloading.... and no progress forever.
Tried downloading random apps but same issue.

This aint the case on Mobile data, as soon as he turns it on playstore works as if nothings wrong.

He has to try more than 50+ times to connect/disconnect to the wifi or do airplane mode on/off several times until he gets the downloading issue resolved. But thats again only temporary. When he turns wifi off and then back on, same issue.

I checked all his network/wifi settings, priority networks etc, cleared cache for playstore & connectivity, but same issue on my homes wifi as well.

Are we missing on some another setting??
Only thing remaining is a factory reset which will be the final call.

Can you check if Date and Time are set manually or automatically ? If not, set them to 'Automatically'.

Yes date and time is set to default automatically.
And deleted google updates too.

One thing to notice, this phone doesn't get any Instant apps update the way I receive on rest of the phones. Dont know if it has to do anything with Amigo os. Wasn't able to find any Instant app under App/system list.

one suggestion was to add a second google account to phone, let google play download some apps and then switch back to old account in google play app. Try doing that. settings----accounts----add google account.

ofcourse cancel sync after adding unless you want your personal data on his phone.

Back