GITEX '11 Dubai (Oct 9th-13th)

Vince

Boogie-Man
Skilled
Hi guys,

Heard GITEX in Dubai is good for electronics' deals?

Anyone been there for the earlier events?

-V

I had been to the 2005 Gitex when I was in AUH for a short trip. It was pretty good and I ended up buying some computer components as well as some digital cam and HTIB. As such, consumer electronics is cheaper in the UAE (such as digital cameras, camcorders, AVRs, amps etc) and this event introduces further discounts. Just like the Sitex that happens in the SGP.

Are you looking forward to buy something Vinchu? :p

One IPad 2 for sure, and one more tablet that has a webcam (hopfeully something el cheapo. Else another ipad :( )

Might be cheaper but don't count on it. Let me ping my cousin about the retail pricing of the idevices there. Will keep you posted.

^^Actually yeah :p The pricing for iPad2 (3G+wifi, 16gb. Which is the one i want) is AED 2600 i believe (at carrefour i think)
(actually this is the pricing at Bahrain, and i doubt UAE pricing to be much different)

A few friends went to GITEX today ( i plan to go tomorrow).

Apparently the ipad2 is for 2590 AED :|
For the AED 30 entry fee, I could get it cheaper at Carrefour :mad:

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting a cheapo "Coby" 3G enabled tablet for around 500AED.

avi said:
My bro has got a booth at the event :hap2:

Vox Valley Technologies. If you go there, say hi to him ;)

Cool! BTW i see Vox Valley deals with VOIP, and hence, their webpages are banned in the UAE :|
Considering this, I'm amazed they got a booth at GITEX!

P.S. Should i introduce myself saying i know "avi" :s

I have pm'ed you my details :)

Tbh I don't know hiw great Gitex is so I wasn't aware that it'd be good to get a booth there

Visited GITEX.
Nothing great, but some good deals here and there.

I got the iPad2 16GB+3G for AED 2400 (with a free cheap dual-sim mobile). Only one store was offerin it at the lowest price.
The other shops were offering it for AED2600+free case+free screenguard+ free speakers + free (el cheapo) mobile (which later on in the day becamse speakers OR mobile)
I was thinking of getting an iPad1 if the price was good enough, but the Apple reseller & Virgin megastore charged exhorbitantly for it. AED 2150 for 32gb+3G

Oh, and i bought an el cheapo tablet, the Touchmate (8") for Aed 1000, but in my excitement over the ipad2, i forgot that i wanted the other tablet to have 3G as well :mad:

@Avi: Sorry man, couldnt meet your bro, as his stall would've been in the Conference, not the Expo/Sale.

Back