Events & Meets Giveaway of ExplorerMax: 100 1-year license for this tabbed file manager

Lazyhoody

Recruit
Hi TE Friends,

This is Skylar from a software company OSToto. Our team has developed a great program called ExplorerMax. It's a smart file manager for Windows users.

We've updated it for several versions and got no enough feedback yet.

So here, I want to post a free 1-year giveaway code in TE forum. It's for 100 users. Hope you'll like it.

Homepage: https://explorermax.drivethelife.com/ (Download it by clicking ''Try It free'')

License code: A6BAA-E8DEE-BFC41-C9C80-5FF2E

Screenshots:
Key Features:
1. Tabs -
Tabs let you keep multiple folders open and switch between them quickly.
2. Quick Search - Search the files from your system or specific disk. And it's returning the results in groups / Categories clearly.
3. Bookmarks - Keep your favorite files or folders quickly accessible through bookmarks.
4. Timeline - Locate to your file-managing history and recent files efficiently.
5. Skin - Light or dark mode is available.
6. Batch Rename - Smart rename your files.
7. Compression/Extraction - Easy to compress and extract the files in most types.
8. Dual-pane - support better file-to-file operations.
9. PhotoMax is coming soon. (A new plugin for photo management in ExplorerMax)

Notice:

1. License type: 1-year license, free update, and free support. (How-to-use: download it, install it, Click Menu-Register, enter the code.)

2. Please give some comments below. Just tell us the truth. Feel free~ Your opinions really count.
* (What's your favorite function or design in ExplorerMax? What's your complaint? Anything you want to add in it?)

3. If you think it's useful, you may also like our facebook page. @ostotosoftware

4. If the code has been used up and you still want to share with friends, comment here below to let me know. We may manage another round.

* College students, teachers, Covid-19 fighters may also apply our group giveaway.

Hey Skylar, I am a part of the most hated COVID19 fighting group, any coupon for us? (Consultant Epidemiologist, WHO, East & Central Europe)

Hey Skylar, I am a part of the most hated COVID19 fighting group, any coupon for us? (Consultant Epidemiologist, WHO, East & Central Europe)

So proud of you. How many licenses do your guys need?
For COVID19 fighting group, I can arrange 1-year license giveaway for your group as long as it's a little bit useful.

Not many, just 5-6 at most. I have downloaded and used the code you posted here. So far, loving the timeline feature. Thanks a lot.

Not many, just 5-6 at most. I have downloaded and used the code you posted here. So far, loving the timeline feature. Thanks a lot.
If not so many, you may share the code in the post with them. It hasn't been used up yet.
LOL... And personally, I like timeline and search since both of them have classified results.
Wish you a good day! Take care~

Thank you so much! Would like to hear more.
Usage:
Using it and automatically got used to it as it replaces the default windows explorer.
Tabbed browsing is essential these days which MS is still lacking.
Dual pane again is great as we don't have to juggle between 2 cascading windows (which sucks in 10 and used to rock in xp and 7).

Ok so here is what I would desperately suggest.

Feature suggestion:
Microsoft is missing on a very important feature of providing folder size in the window pane. So every time one has to toggle into folder properties to have a look at the folders size. This is very irritating esp. if you have tons of data scattered and you want to have it organized. And you have to rely on those 3rd party tools like Treesize etc.
Have suggested this to MS but as usual they will only act only if they fell..

So since > decade (days of XP) I'm using Foldersize tool.

If you can incorporate this very important feature as well in this tool it will save our reliability on other tools. It should simply display the folder size against each folder under the Size column just like the usual files.
You can further customize if the size should be in GBs MBs or KBs (such choice can be given to the user in settings) or via algorithm it should auto-sense eg: if the folder is under 600mbs the size displayed shall be 600mbs and if higher it climbs, the size should be displayed as 0.6gb, 0.8gb etc. and once it crosses 1gb then it becomes pretty simple further.

This is my thinking, now if you take this for implementation you have more brains in your team to think upon this logic so you can do it even better...
Hope I can see this new feature in next release or so!

On aesthetics side, add option to setup a window color or a theme.

Last edited:
Thank you for this giveaway, I have downloaded and activitated it. Will see how it goes!
Looking forward to your user experience sharing and suggestions~
Post automatically merged:

Usage:
Using it and automatically got used to it as it replaces the default windows explorer.
Tabbed browsing is essential these days which MS is still lacking.
Dual pane again is great as we don't have to juggle between 2 cascading windows (which sucks in 10 and used to rock in xp and 7).

Ok so here is what I would desperately suggest.

Feature suggestion:
Microsoft is missing on a very important feature of providing folder size in the window pane. So every time one has to toggle into folder properties to have a look at the folders size. This is very irritating esp. if you have tons of data scattered and you want to have it organized. And you have to rely on those 3rd party tools like Treesize etc.
Have suggested this to MS but as usual they will only act only if they fell..

So since > decade (days of XP) I'm using Foldersize tool.

If you can incorporate this very important feature as well in this tool it will save our reliability on other tools. It should simply display the folder size against each folder under the Size column just like the usual files.
You can further customize if the size should be in GBs MBs or KBs (such choice can be given to the user in settings) or via algorithm it should auto-sense eg: if the folder is under 600mbs the size displayed shall be 600mbs and if higher it climbs, the size should be displayed as 0.6gb, 0.8gb etc. and once it crosses 1gb then it becomes pretty simple further.

This is my thinking, now if you take this for implementation you have more brains in your team to think upon this logic so you can do it even better...
Hope I can see this new feature in next release or so!

So glad to hear that you like some of ExplorerMax's features.

As for providing folder size, actually I requested this feature before due to the same reason. Here is the reply from our tech team: if we choose to show the folder size directly, the whole performance will be influenced since traversing folders takes time. For sure, I still send your comment to them this time. Hope it can be fixed someday.

As for windows color, I don't know what you mean here. If you simply want to change the theme, you may click [Skin] to have the dark/light mode. Here is the guide about how to change more color. (Based on Windows color) Maybe in the future, it will support the direct color change by providing color options in ExplorerMax.

What's more, recently the team is focusing on the new plugin called PhotoMax 1.0. You'll see it in next updates~

Thanks a lot. Good day!

Last edited:
As for providing folder size, actually I requested this feature before due to the same reason. Here is the reply from our tech team: if we choose to show the folder size directly, the whole performance will be influenced since traversing folders takes time. For sure, I still send your comment to them this time. Hope it can be fixed someday.
Using Foldersize I didnt encountered such issues though.
If you team feels so then we can have it optional in the settings as a toggle switch or checkbox so that only the interested users can turn it on.

FolderSize tool must be pre-calculating and caching all the folder sizes and consuming RAM and CPU resources in the process of doing that.

@Lazyhoody Is there a way to simply stop/pause explorer max and use the basic explorer or do we have to uninstall it altogether?

1588166355323.png

Ever since i started using it, almost 3gb ram i consumed alone by explorermax and explorer.

Last edited:
@Lazyhoody Is there a way to simply stop/pause explorer max and use the basic explorer or do we have to uninstall it altogether?

View attachment 85424

Ever since i started using it, almost 3gb ram i consumed alone by explorermax and explorer.

Well, does it happen occasionally or frequently? Have you tried to end ExplorerMax.exe to see if any changes occur? Or end explorer.exe and restart it by creating a new explorer.exe.
(Notice: explorer.exe is the system process led by Windows File Explorer.)
Normally, on my Win10, these two just take a little ram. No user gave us such feedback before. You can uncheck the option in ExplorerMax's setting [ Launch at Windows boot ] and [ Minimize on exit ].
Moreover, a high ram of file explorer can be caused by cloud clients services like Onedrive or Dropbox (Whey they sync, it needs high ram), memory leak by Win 10 update, disk error, and etc.

Skylar, I must thank you. This software has made my life ( complete noob) a lot easier. Just discovered the dual pane feature, it's awesome. The timeline is also fantastic.
Thanks a ton friend. Will surely buy it after 1 year. Keep up the good work.

Well, does it happen occasionally or frequently? Have you tried to end ExplorerMax.exe to see if any changes occur? Or end explorer.exe and restart it by creating a new explorer.exe.
(Notice: explorer.exe is the system process led by Windows File Explorer.)
Normally, on my Win10, these two just take a little ram. No user gave us such feedback before. You can uncheck the option in ExplorerMax's setting [ Launch at Windows boot ] and [ Minimize on exit ].
Moreover, a high ram of file explorer can be caused by cloud clients services like Onedrive or Dropbox (Whey they sync, it needs high ram), memory leak by Win 10 update, disk error, and etc.
I use my pc for 12+ hours and 4-5 tabs are always opened in ExplorerMax.
And as per observation during login the resources consumption is normal but as I gradually start to use both the processes keep eating.

Yesterday I uninstalled ExplorerMax and explorer was the usual using very minimal ram.
And I don't use any cloud services nor even anti viruses or any such scanners in bg. Purely performance pc.

The resource usage doesnt slow up anything as I got 18gigs of ram, its just that when I see this is task manager it worries on lines of memory leaks or unusual activity of the program.

I'm uninstalling the tool as it got few bugs and some features not working as expected and my work is somehow suffering...

I copied few files and still it keep showing the unfinished status even after hours on the taskbar.
See below 94%

1588571517892.png

1588583621240.png

When I right-click it give the below option but it even when clicking Yes it doesn't exits.

1588571551178.png

Another flaw is the below setting

1588571590043.png

Even when it is turned off whenever I accidentally double-click it takes me back one folder which is quite irritating.

Last edited:
I copied few files and still it keep showing the unfinished status even after hours on the taskbar.
Even when it is turned off whenever I accidentally double-click it takes me back one folder which is quite irritating.
Hey, thanks for your feedback.

For your file transfer, I don't think it's our program's bug. = = ExplorerMax doesn't suspend anything normally. You may check your file log or sth.
For [Double-click to a back], it's definitely a real bug! So sorry about that. The programmer Lynn won't get his dinner today! (Just joking, we'll fix it.)

By the way, due to your ram usage issue, could you please tell me your operating system and laptop type?

Thank you still for giving it a try. Hope to see you again when we do it better.
Post automatically merged:

These are basic flaws which need to be corrected for a smooth user experience.
Thank you. All the suggestions are welcome!

Last edited:
By the way, due to your ram usage issue, could you please tell me your operating system and laptop type?

I use a full-fledge desktop: i7, 18gb ram, dedicated 4gb gpu, windows 10 enterprise.

Its indeed a program bug as that day after uninstalling I haven't encountered the same progress stuck error again even after copying huge sized random/multiple files to multiple locations.

Ask your team to have a look at it and hopefully it gets fixed and I will be back to using explorermax again!

Back