Glucometer Urgent Help Needed

paarkhi

Skilled
Don't know whether this is the right forum for submitting my query for the purchase of a Glucometer, but please help me to find the right thing and online place to buy it urgently, ok, enough preface and now to the specifics.

I want to buy a glucometer for some elderly person and I've heard that now a days we don't need strips, everything is automatically done by just putting the finger on/in the machine, is it true, if it is then where can I find such machine (glucometer) and if it is not then what would be the best glucometer with strips. All I could find on ebay is with strips, links are below, please suggest.
I'm reading on ebay details for some machine where it is mentioned "No Code Monitor" What does it means?

GM+ Blood Glucometer with 50 test strips (Blood Glucose Monitor) | eBay
Dr.Morepen Gluco One Professional Blood Glucose Monitor- BG 04/Glucometer (Each) | eBay
Dr. Morepen No Code Blood Gluco Monitor / Glucometer BG 02 | eBay
30% OFF- Operon Glucomate TINY Blood Glucose Monitor / Glucometer (Each) | eBay

Here it says Automatic Coding, No strip Handling, so what does it mean
http://krishnasurgical.trademart.in/product-GlucometerAccuChekIntegra_krishnasurgical.html

Sorry I'm extremely unaware on this subject
Thanks all for reading and suggestions...

I think you must be referring to the ones that uses drums. I have Accu-chek Compact Plus at home. It uses a drum with 17 strips. So no need to change it.
Bought it from the US under 10 USD ( gluco-meter + 1 drum + lancet device) long ago.

The Indian version of the same is Accu-check Integra (which I believe is equivalent to the previous US version Accu-check Compact)

@mk76, can you please elaborate more on this, so what I understand from your post is that although this kind of glucometers contain strips but comes in a drum and we don't need to manually insert the strip everytime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coding stands for something similar to Calibration which was needed in some older devices. In current devices, the ones I have seen are simple, just a tease of a drop on the strip and push it into the device to get a reading.

Back