GO: Conroe's

Status
Not open for further replies.

deejay

Skilled
1) I was just informed by a chennai TE member that Delta has the conroe cpu's in stock.
The price of E 6300 was quoted 10.4K + shipping.
other prices i did not ask since it is beyond my budget.

2) Intel guys based in Banglore have also offered some discounts to us. Arun Ruleez , who had gone there recently to demo the conroe cpu at launch had spoken to them about mass order and discounts for us TE members.
those guys have just informed him that only 1 conroe cpu are with mumbai dealers at present and they might get a stock of 30 cpu's each (per dealer)in 2-3 days. i had tried my best to get some idea of discount amount but the intel guys say they will let us know when the cpu's reach the mumbai dealers in 2~ 3 days. hence the exact price / discount is still unknown.

i had informed darky about this few minutes ago and had asked him to post it here but since his net is down he asked me to post this on his behalf. since he is taking care of the m/b it would be apt that he takes care of this too imho.

anyways these are the latest facts as of now ....all the potential TE conroe buyers you decide what to do.

Will update if i get any new info ...

anything in the region of 10k is a good price for the E6300... i got a feeling that the local retailers will price it at a ridiculous premium given the market supply/demand mismatch for conroes at the moment...

m w8in for a e6600 too,tryin 2 work out something too,cmon bros we all can get some good deal here ?

That intel dealer called me today evening.
he does not have any m/b in ready stock.
the price he quoted me for E6300 was 11K + tax , mumbai delivery.:(
i told him we will think it over and let him know ...:no: :rofl:
(when you are getting it for 10K accross the country who would wanna buy from you ...and where is the promised discount ?? .....were my immediate thoughts:mad: )

btw today i and anshul had gone to LR for some work and with one dealer i saw an asrock m/b. its exact model i do not remember but it was 775i65P something ....on the box it was written conroe compatible as also on the m/b pcb itself.
the price he quoted me for it was 2.3K. it had 1 AGP slot, no pci-e slot.
will research what is this (about conroe capability) and update here ...

update: it is an i865 chipset m/b and it does support conroe cpu's.

ASRock -> Products -> ConRoe865PE

Personally i have decided to get a conroe m/b from abroad. the scene here is pathetic. till it arrives here (along with ddr2 rams) i may buy a cheap asrock m/b supporting ddr (GEIL ONE) and pci-e.

Well i checked upon with my dealer today and he is promising me 965 Chipsets based Conroe boards of MSI/Gigabyte for 8K range within a period of 8 Days.

deejay said:
That intel dealer called me today evening.
he does not have any m/b in ready stock.
the price he quoted me for E6300 was 11K + tax , mumbai delivery.:(
i told him we will think it over and let him know ...:no: :rofl:
(when you are getting it for 10K accross the country who would wanna buy from you ...and where is the promised discount ?? .....were my immediate thoughts:mad: )

btw today i and anshul had gone to LR for some work and with one dealer i saw an asrock m/b. its exact model i do not remember but it was 775i65P something ....on the box it was written conroe compatible as also on the m/b pcb itself.
the price he quoted me for it was 2.3K. it had 1 AGP slot, no pci-e slot.
will research what is this (about conroe capability) and update here ...

update: it is an i865 chipset m/b and it does support conroe cpu's.

ASRock -> Products -> ConRoe865PE

Personally i have decided to get a conroe m/b from abroad. the scene here is pathetic. till it arrives here (along with ddr2 rams) i may buy a cheap asrock m/b supporting ddr (GEIL ONE) and pci-e.

But the dealer happened to say its optional...dont know what he meant by that....:p;)
Anyways....it had an AGP slot....biggest disadvantage!!!

I happen to have a DQ6 mobo for testing, its awesome to look at. haven't used it as yet. btw is that 8.5K for this gigabyte one??? cause I'd take two and send u the whole amt advance (dead serious) :)

waiting for the E6600 to become a tad more affordable..

Switch said:
Well i checked upon with my dealer today and he is promising me 965 Chipsets based Conroe boards of MSI/Gigabyte for 8K range within a period of 8 Days.

@ switch,
please pursue the matter vigorously and keep us posted.

Any word on availability of the E6600?

Waiting eagerly for it..

Mostly getting it from the US.. But cant find it in Stock anywhere in a US Store as well..

The E6600 will be available at most online retail stores around Aug 14... no news in India. At this time, however, Singapore prices are more competitive than even the US so I might just get it from there.

XTerminator said:
But the dealer happened to say its optional...dont know what he meant by that....:p;)
Anyways....it had an AGP slot....biggest disadvantage!!!

But its godsend for people struck with old AGP setups...:hap2:

They can upgrade in bits and keep it easy on the wallet. I myself have a socket 754 based setup. If I can get a E6600 for some thing like 18-20k, and this Asrock mobo for 2.2k, I can reuse all my existing components to build a conroe setup. later when DDR2 800 and DX10 graphics cards become available, I can upgrade to a better board.

Most of these stores will have Core 2 processors by Aug 14 so preordering now is a guarantee they will ship by then.

I went to my dealer today and this is the board he is getting within a wekks time. He mentioned P 965 Neo "F". But there is no board like "Neo F" there so i hope this is it...

MSI --->> Mainboard

The board will be in the price range of Rs 8K or less.... And will be in his hand in quantities within a week... Also expect a major price drop in Gigabyte 965 Chipset based mobo prices as soon as this hit the shelves as Gigabyte is sort of enjoying monopoly as of now :|...

P.S. Gigabyte 965 chipset based mobo is available now... For approx 14K :S...

Edit: Here is a review of the board www.hardwarezone.com® :: Articles - Coolest Hardware, Hottest Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back