going for a new plan

taher

Adept
for past 1 year i have been using bsnl 500c+ plan but for the past 2 months either suddenly my usage has doubled or the way they calculated data transfer has changed:no: cos i have been excess 2gb.........:huh:

so decided to change have narrowed on airtel turbo 1299 or swift 1099:cool2:

so what i wanted to know is how much is the fup limit for the plans and speeds do we get in day and night

i download a lot from torrents so anything that will affect that

how are the plans basically...........do mention if there are any other good alternatives..........btw i am from hyderabad......

so looking for replies from plan users and other techheads...

thanks in advance:):)

great 41 views and no reply...........:no:

come on guys reply

my free limit is only 2.5gb.......last month i crossed 3.3gb and this month already 4.4gb:(

i know that they many people are using the mentioned plans......then why are they not replying about it:huh:

why do i always feel left out when even i ask for any help on te

one simple question guys how are the plans my preference is downloading through torrents

the 1299 plan supposedly has an FUP of 100 GB after which the speeds come down to 256kbps.. I don't think the 1099 plan has any FUP..

Personally, I'd suggest u to take the 1299 plan as it gives higher speeds at night, has speed on demand and also 100 bucks of calling charges free.. The 1099 explore plan had speeds of 384kbps/1Mbps but that plan seems to have been removed now.. that would have been a considerable plan as well..

Anyway, 1299 all the way if u don't mind spending the extra 200 bucks for double the speed at night (10 pm - 6 am).. hope that helps.. ;)

RAH7747 said:
the 1299 plan supposedly has an FUP of 100 GB after which the speeds come down to 256kbps.. I don't think the 1099 plan has any FUP..

Personally, I'd suggest u to take the 1299 plan as it gives higher speeds at night, has speed on demand and also 100 bucks of calling charges free.. The 1099 explore plan had speeds of 384kbps/1Mbps but that plan seems to have been removed now.. that would have been a considerable plan as well..

Anyway, 1299 all the way if u don't mind spending the extra 200 bucks for double the speed at night (10 pm - 6 am).. hope that helps.. ;)

here in hyd the speeds are 512kbps day and night for 1099 and 512kbps day and 1mbps night for 1299 plan....anyhow the sales guy will come today or tomorow will drill him for further information

Yeah those are the same plans that are available all over India at present, i think.. Anyway, do ask that sales guy if that explore 1099 plan is available.. If it is, I might consider taking that for myself.. :D

RAH7747 said:
Yeah those are the same plans that are available all over India at present, i think.. Anyway, do ask that sales guy if that explore 1099 plan is available.. If it is, I might consider taking that for myself.. :D

sure will do that

RAH7747 said:
the 1299 plan supposedly has an FUP of 100 GB after which the speeds come down to 256kbps.. I don't think the 1099 plan has any FUP

I'm still on the 999 plan and it has an FUP of 75GB for 384kbs.

So i got a call yesterday and this lady was offering the turbo plan at Rs.1299 and that it was a 'special offer' and only available for a week, i laughed and told her to continue.

RAH7747 said:
Personally, I'd suggest u to take the 1299 plan as it gives higher speeds at night, has speed on demand and also 100 bucks of calling charges free..

So i was thinking, i'm going to pay 33% more for 512kbs from 6-10pm & 1Mbs for the remainder, thats a gain of 33% for 2/3 of the time and 62% for 1/3 of the time. Quota ups by 25%. Course she claimed its unlimited but we know better.

The 100 bucks free calling isn't really that since i would be paying Rs.300 more anyway. I dont use airtel for calls just the BSNL one because the unit rates are better and not going to jump like with airtel. So this is a waste.

Speed on demand is a con, it works out to one hour per month, for what, just to hook you to get onto a faster plan.

I declined. Turbo did not offer me anything extra that i could not have got by paying more in the first place anyway. Notice they never call unless its in their interest ;)

When someone posted here cpl yrs back about the free upgrade 256-384kbs NOW that was one swell bonus. Same price 50% more speed ....sweet :)

Going by how the prices have dropped, 1Mbs used to Rs2k+ now its Rs.1699, i suppose its only matter of time when i get upped to 512 for 999.

taher said:
why do i always feel left out when even i ask for any help on te

your thread TITLE is misleading... what should we have to guess by looking at...

Family Plan
Insurance Plan
Home construction Plan
Money saving Plan etc. etc. so .. so many visits & less or no reply....

Try to write Small but Up To Point Title :) so only member with relevant knowledge visit your thread & answer accordingly.

HTH :)

guys any other good ISPs in hyderabad other than the regulars like tata, airtel and reliance??

contacted youtelecom but no connectivity in our area(trimulgherry).

Back