Hi All,

I am thinking to go for Asus X53U-SX013D

Processor: Brazos Dual Core
2 GB RAM
320 GB HD
15.6 Inch screen
USB 3.0
And other regular features

I am getting it for 19k approx. Just want to know if there is any other good alternative in this budget.

(BTW, can I run Photoshop occassionally on this config ? May be sometimes I will need it to edit some pics. Also I cannot find any reviews of this one)

Yes you can run PS perfectly in Brazos.

BTW why not opt for Asus 1015b or 1215B ? have not heard of the said model and no reviews either.

1215B is available for 19k as well.

If you can shell out 5k more, better off wit HP Dm1z

Hey thanks for the reply.

I am talking about this one:

Flipkart.com: Asus X Series X53U-SX013D: Computer

Yes, 1215B is available for 19k, but it has 12" screen, and no optical drive. Whereas, this model which I am talking about seems to be having a big screen 15.6", and optical drive. So feature wise, I think its wise to go for this new model.

Oh and BTW, I wonder how this Moca Brown color looks like. In this photo at flipkart, I don't think its the Moca Brown color, as it seems to be a red color. So I think I should see it in some showroom, but the problem is its a new model and hard to find.

ok, but then good battery life is also an important factor for me. And I think if Photoshop runs on it well, then I don't need anything more. Also its 6 cell battery, and has USB3.0. Therefore i think that all my requirements are satisfied in this one.

After an year or so, almost all lappy's give < 2 hrs of battery life.. So don't go by that criteria..

AFAIK Asus X42 provides atleast 3 hrs of battery life.. If you want powerful machine then choose Asus X42, but if you are satisfied with Brazos cpu then go for X53 model

If i have a choice the i'll choose Asus X42 any time.. Powerful + good graphics capability

All the best for ur purchase..

Thanks people. I just saw the one which I am talking about (Asus one) in the showroom and I fall in love with that Moca brown color. Its superb, and I haven't seen anything like that. I will try to post the pics in show off section.

Back