Going for this lappy, should I ?

Hi All,

So I finally settled for this Compaq Presario CQ61-408TX

Config:
15.6†Widescreen WXGA Colour TFT BrightView Screen Display
Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T4400 (2.20 GHz, 1MB L2 Caache)
NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Dedicated
2GB RAM
320 GB Hard Disk
8X DVD Writer
Wireless LAN 802.11b/g
Bluetooth
Altec Lansing stereo speakers
Webcam with Integrated Mic
5-in-1 integrated Card Reader

This one has dedicated 512 MB nvidia grpahic card, dont know the model no.

I am getting this for 29k plus a free backpack and a reebok watch. So should I go ahead or should I go for Core i3 for 33,000 Rs ? Wat say

go for i3, also why try models from Msi,Lenovo etc.Both have good quality than compaq models.Many lower priced compaq has many shining gimmicks outside, less quality inside.This is my opinion.Also few Acer models are also highly recommended.

As others said, go for i3 ones. But if budget is your issue, then get the ACER 5738 or similar Core 2 Duo T6600 lappy from DELL/MSI which now come at around 29k. Don't buy a T4400 lappy at 29k.

core i3 should be much better than Pentium Dual core in power consumption and performance. What is your budget BTW and what would be the intended use?

Thanks all for reply. ok then, i will go for Core i3 only. My budget is 34k. So suggest one Core i3 lappy in this range, one another problem, I want one with 15.6" screen only.

Can someone please check this evalue code by entering it at dell.co.in, S541201IN8 How is this one, with all default things. Core i3, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD, Intel(R) HD Graphics. So I am confused about this HD graphics, which graphics is this, why dont they clearly mention its model no. Please recommend me :

hmm. 2GB memory is not sufficient for today's tasks. add another 2GB memory and get Win7 Home Premium instead of Home Basic (it's too basic) and you are set!

Also, check Acer's 5740 series as it has better specs than Inspiron at same price.

^^ Actually, its for my Dad, so I think this config is more than enough, I may use it sometimes though. But, why am i not able to add more RAM and HD, has someone configured Dell laptop before ? This is strange, I am able to configure all other things but not RAM and HD. And I am really not interested in buying Acer, don't trust that brand after that thread. So desiibond have you got idea which Intel HD graphics is this with this lappy ?4500 ??

people looking a good low budget core i3 solution with intel onboard graphics can consider the msi cr series with 2gb ram and 250/320gb harddrive ,14.1 inch screen and 2 years warranty. a model is available without the bag and windows 7 home for 29k with taxes. will enquire if anyone is interested.

1. Inspiron 15 (Old Model with Core 2 duo) - Rs. 34.9k - Code: S541004IN8

2. Inspiron 15 (New Model with Core i3) - Rs.36.9k - Code: S541204IN8

I suggest go with New one if possible. It has a pretty good config even for your needs :) Add Rs.900 for shipping. Taxes are included in the price.

^^ Hmm....so the model you suggested has ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330, instead of Intel HD graphics. Again on this model also, I am not able to increase RAM and HD ????

Edit: So I inquired today about all the lappies, I am getting Acer 5740 for 33.5k to be exactly. With some free 10 accessories. Also the dealer told me that he can decrease the price more. SO is this a good deal ? Any reviews of 5740 ?

yeah... acer 5740 is a decent lappy but don't expect to play games on it as it comes with intel graphics... it'll be fine for normal daily usage...

^^Yeah that seems to be a good config for this price. 2 Options with me:

Acer 5740

Core i3,

3 GB DDR3 RAM

320 GB

For 33.5 k

OR

Dell Inspiron 15

Core i3

250GB HD

2 GB DDR3 RAM

For 33.5k (With my choice of color, yeah color matters to me alot)

So technically speaking, Acer seems good. But I dont know, I am not inclined towards Acer :( So I think I am gonna dump Acer. I can even bargain in Acer and also getting 10 free accessories like mouse, headphone, mousepad, LED light, keyboard guard, etc. But still....suggestions needed. I am confused like always.

Acer 5740
Core i3,
3 GB DDR3 RAM
320 GB
Total : 32.65 k

Bro believe me if you will , but Acer 5740 rocks man . It has 320GB HDD and the 3GB DDR3 Ram. I have this lappy and i can assure you there are only 2 downsides of this lappy :

1. Keyboard seems like flat pan cake
2. Default mouse pad on lappy is not that great

Well they are my opinion

Rest everything is great . It runs very cool

saqib_khan said:
^^Yeah that seems to be a good config for this price. 2 Options with me:
Acer 5740
Core i3,
3 GB DDR3 RAM
320 GB
For 33.5 k

OR

Dell Inspiron 15
Core i3
250GB HD
2 GB DDR3 RAM
For 33.5k (With my choice of color, yeah color matters to me alot)

So technically speaking, Acer seems good. But I dont know, I am not inclined towards Acer :( So I think I am gonna dump Acer. I can even bargain in Acer and also getting 10 free accessories like mouse, headphone, mousepad, LED light, keyboard guard, etc. But still....suggestions needed. I am confused like always.

Saqib, you are not a new user. You know well about these laptops. My suggestion for you is to follow your instinct.

Since it is for you dad, I would suggest Dell as GPU etc doesn't matter for him. But Dell's reliability is better than Acer's I think.

Guys if possible go for a Notebook which has Extended Warranty Plans. I'll just share with you my horror Experience with Compaq Notebook. Few days back, my 2.5 yr old Notebook started showing 4 displays instead of 1. I took it to Nehru place and I got different versions from different retailers and asking 4k for repairs. Then I went to Compaq Serviced Centre to know the actual problem. They said display will be changed and it will cost Rs. 23000 for it. I replied that what the f**k, I'll get a new notebook if I pay 4k extra. Then they revised the quote to Rs. 17000, which was again very high quote. On the other hand my friends who purchased Dell Notebook with 3 yr. Complete Cover and happy to keep it running without no additional investment with 1 time investment.

desiibond; said:
My suggestion for you is to follow your instinct.

Since it is for you dad, I would suggest Dell as GPU etc doesn't matter for him. But Dell's reliability is better than Acer's I think.

ok thanks for the suggestion, so going for Dell one and will purchase online, as the same laptop here locally costs 35k, with *ahem* OS. So I think I better purchase online with genuine OS and less price. I inquired at two shops, both say, Sir we have to pay 5 % frieght extra plus the shipping cost and therefore the price rise, but we are giving you a laptop bag free, but we can't give you genuine OS. They openly are saying that we will install that Win 7 ultimate OS and it will work fine for lifetime ?? Its a pity that the dealers themselves are promoting piracy :S So they keep on saying bla bla after all they are salesman. But I will purchase through online only. The stupid question I was asking because someone would call me mad, because I can get better RAM and hard disk under the same price in Acer, so I was a little confused between Dell and Acer, but as you said, I will follow my instinct. :clap: SO all izz well finally.

Back