Going to test Huawei EC-315 on BSNL EVDO in a few days

cisco_tech

ex-Mod
@kuduku I am getting MTS or TATA branded Huawei EC-315 which I am going to test on BSNL EVDO in couple of days. Lets hope it work with BSNL. EC315 has hotspot which is bonus.

@kuduku I am getting MTS or TATA branded Huawei EC-315 which I am going to test on BSNL EVDO in couple of days. Lets hope it work with BSNL. EC315 has hotspot which is bonus.
same price from the seller ad discussed ?
Today tried Tplink 3220 AGAIN ,its giving good speeds , same as modem directly connected to PC

Yes same price as discussed. all i have to do is swap my Sierra ESN to Huawei ESN at BSNL exchange. Rest of the config should work.

@cisco_tech
EC 315 has RUIM slot. Then why to update ESN at BSNL exchange?
Also I see that many of them reporting EC315 working with all other carriers except BSNL.
So I guess you are trying to use EC315 without inserting RUIM card.Right?

Last edited:
@cisco_tech
EC 315 has RUIM slot. Then why to update ESN at BSNL exchange?
Also I see that many of them reporting EC315 working with all other carriers except BSNL.
So I guess you are trying to use EC315 without inserting RUIM card.Right?
Is their any user report of 316 working in RUIM BSNL ? All sellers have written BSNL EVDO RUIM not working .

Unfortunately EC315 didnt work. ESN was updated in BSNL network. I was able to get EVDO signal and got connected on EVDO as well. but speed was not crossing 18-20 KBps. so it looks like there is issue with Huawei firmware itself with BSNL network. and getting EVDO signals on EC315 was not easier i had to tweaks so many parameters and PRL files in DFS. wasted many hours but it was worth the effort. Learned many new things.

Attachments

• EVDO FALSE SPEED.PNG
    EVDO FALSE SPEED.PNG
    129.8 KB · Views: 362
Back