Good Earphones under 1.2k

ahd

Adept
Pls Suggest me some very good Earphones and In-Earphones under 1.2k for Ipod. It should come with a warranty and should have good sound clarity and bass.

Sound Magic PL-30 for balanced sound (less bass ), PL-21 for more bass .Both have a blissful sweet midrange , so your instruments will sound really good.Under 1.2k those are your best options .

Available with dealers on TE.

^The alpha Brainwavz dont sound so good .They are like a good pair of stock earphones.The Beta Brainwavz are the one's to go for ,if one is looking for more balanced sound compared to PL-30. As in the PL-30 mainly concentrates on a sweet midrange and decent bass +treble. The beta brainwavz has more detailed highs and a balanced mid range and a little better bass than the PL-30.

It all depends on personal taste actually. I prefer the PL-30 or PL-21 more than any other IEM around 1k mark .

and what about the this Sony in-ear and the Creative earphones. ?? How do they sound cause i dont have trouble findin them in mumbai shops and also big brands behind them.

If you are not too concerned about Sound Quality the Creative EP-630 or the Sony IEM's are not a bad choice. They sound pretty good as well but not as good as the PL-30,PL-21.

I owned PL-11s and liked them for the 500 bucks they cost. But I would sincerely request you to save up and go for some higher-end ones. I have the Klipsch Image S4 on my Cowon S9, and cant stress how good it sounds after some 100 hours of burn-in/regular music listening.

Don't mind me putting in a quick query here instead of starting a new thread :).

I have a pair of CrossRoads Mylarone X3i, and now I need another pair of IEMs for my Sansa Clip+. So how good are the PL30 compared to the X3i?
I want clarity first, bass is secondary.

I have a very very faint memory of the X3i's sound ,so take this with a pinch of salt ..I think the X3i would be better or on par with the PL-30.

Best would be to try out someone's PL-30 before buying it .:)

I personally don't think X3i >> PL-30 would be a big upgrade in terms of clarity,detailing etc. It would just be a change of sound signature :p

So i m down to these 3 Soundmagic PL-21, PL-30 and Sony MDR-EX35LP/B.
Will adjusting the bass in soundmagic will give it the "Boom Boom" sound.
As far as internet reviews go both have pretty good reviews, sony faired better on Bass response. So if u've heard them pls help me decide among these 3 earphones. If its almost identical i'll go for Sony or if its not then soundmagic for sure. Sony earphones have retractable cord mechanisms which is a one good thing.

^ Care to explain , what makes you say that :| ?

@ ahd, the bass of PL-30 on deep bass knob is slightly boomy and affects the mid range .Infact if you want better bass it's the PL-21 you should be looking at. I haven't tried the Sony ,so can't really give any comparative opinion but I doubt it would be any better than the Soundmagic cause from what I've read the PL-30,PL-21 etc are still the best budget IEMs :).

FaH33m said:
I have a very very faint memory of the X3i's sound ,so take this with a pinch of salt ..I think the X3i would be better or on par with the PL-30.
Best would be to try out someone's PL-30 before buying it .:)

I personally don't think X3i >> PL-30 would be a big upgrade in terms of clarity,detailing etc. It would just be a change of sound signature :p
It's not meant to be an upgrade, I just need one more pair of IEMs.

FaH33m said:
^ Care to explain , what makes you say that :| ?

@ ahd, the bass of PL-30 on deep bass knob is slightly boomy and affects the mid range .Infact if you want better bass it's the PL-21 you should be looking at. I haven't tried the Sony ,so can't really give any comparative opinion but I doubt it would be any better than the Soundmagic cause from what I've read the PL-30,PL-21 etc are still the best budget IEMs :).

using it for my ipod & iphone 3g, it is excellent, when attached with mouth piece it still maintains the quality, got extended mouth piece for iphone 3g, its been more than 6 months.

i think there is cx180 on sale in market section, u can check it out, or see if u know anyone who has it so that you can check before buying

^ Have you tried any other earphones , or the one's that I've recommended. The CX-180 , i agree sound pretty decent but I wouldnt even compare them to a PL-30 .Baah , infact a Creative EP-630 is also much better than the CX-180. :p

FaH33m said:
^ Have you tried any other earphones , or the one's that I've recommended. The CX-180 , i agree sound pretty decent but I wouldnt even compare them to a PL-30 .Baah , infact a Creative EP-630 is also much better than the CX-180. :p

i am not overriding anyone's view & giving anyone rating, you have your view i will have mine, we are not here to fight, we are here to suggest.

Back