Less than 10K Good feature phone. (Bought)

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Need a feature phone for my dad.
Bought the Nokia 216 for 2500rs. locally.

Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: 3k max

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Standard feature phone size

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: N/A

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 2G. 4G would be good but not needed.

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Shouldn't be cheap Chinese brands. He's currently using a Lemon phone which is so bad.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Calls and texts.

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference but Dual-SIM if possible. Can't rely on one network alone in India.

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online if it's in mint condition.

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, microSD card slot would be nice.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model.
A: Nokia 3310.
3310-DesignBlock.jpeg

Is this phone really worth the 3k premium for a feature phone? I personally think that it's outrageous but since it's not for me and there is a serious lack of choices I have no other option that I know of. Anyone who has this or have used it please post feedback. We're almost decided on this. Just looking for someone to confirm the quality.

Last edited:
I forgot to say something. My dad's previous phone was a Nokia but it was a bad Nokia product. There was absolutely no way to turn off screen notifications. It was seriously a very annoying phone as text ads would appear on the screen. It had gprs so if you happen to click to that ad it will lead you to an ad page. This is one of the reasons why I requested for a personal experience. Can't trust reviews.

Bought the Nokia 216 locally for 2500rs.

IMG_20180820_131432097~2.jpg

Anyone know how to change the "Selfie" on the bottom-right corner of the screen to "Contacts"? I couldn't find it in the Settings. Selfie camera is the most useless feature of this phone.

IMG_20180820_131320591~2.jpg

Nokia 230 @ Rs 4150 /- (amazon.in) - not sure it is worth the price ...
Ya I was looking for this but couldn't find it locally. Tbh I'm glad it wasn't available. It's definitely not worth it lol. 4k for a feature phone. Yeah nice try Nokia.

To me the Nokia 8110 looks like a gearless scooter (Scooty!) fitted with a 200CC engine and designed like a Vespa. :p
If they are willing to spend 6k on it then sure lol.

Back