Good institute to learn java,oracle,redhat?

sri_k

Adept
Guys,
can someone list out good institutes to learn the above courses...though i know few institutes like niit,aptech,seed,karrox but i haven't heard any good reviews regarding them..so am confused:huh: my firends have advised to stay away from niit...Also wish to get some certification in above courses done from these institutes atleast something to highlight in my CV :p

please list out some good institutes&your overall learning experience..:)

Red Hat isn't a language :p ! Also you will regret wasting money on it if you just wanna learn .. Better install any distro and get started. Fedora if you want to Red Hat course..

If you want to do Red Hat course better fill the forms they will provide enough books and the questions are pretty nifty not worth learning from Coaching centers :p

For other course let other reply :)

^^Dark Star is right, it is always recommended that you install red hat and then learn on your own....try doing daily stuff like transferring files, mounting roms, pendrives, changing file permissions, write shellscripts to search files, check how to access file properties and system properties etc...these will make you confident about red hat....then try doing something advanced...

As for java , decide what you want to learn in java, there are many different courses like core java, servlets, etc....so decide what you want to go for....anyway just my suggestion get familiar with c, c++ before going for java, also remember, classes always will give limited info, but its upto you to refer to books, tutorials etc....

oracle, can be done from NIIt, not so bad....some of my friends had done java courses from niit, and they are satisfied.....

Also, lets see what others have to suggest because I wanted to join some course too (programming) lol, mainly for certifications...

1. If you are completely new to programming, start with C. You will need it as most modern languages are based on it. And its also the best way to learn traditional programming and concepts.

2. Decide on how exactly you want to use your programming skills. There are hundreds of languages that are used, and its quite impossible to master all. And its better to pick your domain (system/application/web) so that we can help you better

3. And no matter what language/technology you want to learn, its best to start off with self learning. With the resources available on the net, you can pretty much master any language. And you will have the added confidence that you have learnt something on your own

Dark Star said:
Red Hat isn't a language :p ! Also you will regret wasting money on it if you just wanna learn .. Better install any distro and get started. Fedora if you want to Red Hat course..

If you want to do Red Hat course better fill the forms they will provide enough books and the questions are pretty nifty not worth learning from Coaching centers :p

For other course let other reply :)

thanks for replying...i know it isnt a language..just want to get RHCE certification...am pretty new to this even my frnds want to get RHCE certification done..fill the forms?i didn't get u.:huh:
You mean the certification form from redhat?do i have to fill it online or any authorised redhat training centre?please guide me...infact bought few redhat books but havent even started reading..you have any redhat books information please do share ...
Is fedora enough to learn redhat or centOS?

deaddevil said:
^^Dark Star is right, it is always recommended that you install red hat and then learn on your own....try doing daily stuff like transferring files, mounting roms, pendrives, changing file permissions, write shellscripts to search files, check how to access file properties and system properties etc...these will make you confident about red hat....then try doing something advanced...
As for java , decide what you want to learn in java, there are many different courses like core java, servlets, etc....so decide what you want to go for....anyway just my suggestion get familiar with c, c++ before going for java, also remember, classes always will give limited info, but its upto you to refer to books, tutorials etc....
oracle, can be done from NIIt, not so bad....some of my friends had done java courses from niit, and they are satisfied.....

Also, lets see what others have to suggest because I wanted to join some course too (programming) lol, mainly for certifications...

There are two types of java course being offered core&advanced java..do u have any idea what do they comprise of?also do we have to do both the courses to learn java...
Have any of ur frnds done oracle from niit?because i am being told that only particular centres are good at teaching...what i want is good teaching faculty..:)

Checksum said:
1. If you are completely new to programming, start with C. You will need it as most modern languages are based on it. And its also the best way to learn traditional programming and concepts.

2. Decide on how exactly you want to use your programming skills. There are hundreds of languages that are used, and its quite impossible to master all. And its better to pick your domain (system/application/web) so that we can help you better

3. And no matter what language/technology you want to learn, its best to start off with self learning. With the resources available on the net, you can pretty much master any language. And you will have the added confidence that you have learnt something on your own

tks chksum for your reply...am not new to "C"..i do have some lil knowledge on "C"...i don't know which are langauges better to learn that would boost job skills when i go for interview...Thaz why am confused later on decided to get certification done on redhat,java...:)

How do i begin myself learning programming?i didn't get u what u said better to pick your domain?

I will suggest you go for LPIC 3rd level certification which is a Internationally acclaimed distro neutral certification.RHCE is just practical thingy which is just setting up various server related services-nic,ypbind..blah..bbblah... (had covered without going for certification long back).

Home - LPI -

PS: You can do the LPIC test in prometric centres .

prakashan said:
I will suggest you go for LPIC 3rd level certification which is a Internationally acclaimed distro neutral certification.RHCE is just practical thingy which is just setting up various server related services-nic,ypbind..blah..bbblah... (had covered without going for certification long back).
Home - LPI -

Tks prakash...do u have any info regarding centres in mumbai?or any links?

self study is the best option-familiarize the package managements etcetera..that will help pass the first part.you go through that site.although ,there may be lot of training centres now offering lpic in banglore or bombay.last I heard Novell is giving training for LPIC.

There used to be a real useful book called "LPIC in a NutShell" by O`Reilley IIRC.

after the studies ,you pay approx Rs5000(IIRC) to apply for a online test in a thomson/pearsonvue acclaimed training centres and result will be available soon unlike RHCE/SCLP..(whatever) which asks for Rs20000 plus for their certification(focussing only on rpm distro and custom craps like se linux BS)

and google ofcourse is the best resource!you know:

Free GNU/Linux LPI Training Manuals: LPI101, LPI102, LPI201

prakashan said:
Home - LPI -
oops didn't notice your prometric centre..just got to know the prometric centre in india..also sent a mail to pearson vue for their contact details for giving LPI exam..:)

There are two types of java course being offered core&advanced java..do u have any idea what do they comprise of?also do we have to do both the courses to learn java...
Have any of ur frnds done oracle from niit?because i am being told that only particular centres are good at teaching...what i want is good teaching faculty.

yeah there are courses for core and advanced java, If you are planning to make a career as a java developer, then they are necessary, or if you are just going for certification and learning, you can do 1, nd the other one later, if you are interested...
Nope my friends did not do an oracle course in NIIT, but yes, only particular centers are good at teaching, you have to check which faculty teaches where.....faculty is most important...best is to ask students of that course, about the experience....

at Malad there's Rajesh Patkar Institute of Software Engineering. Really good in teaching Java
i agree, he teaches java as per the industry standard and relevance.

reef_d said:
at Malad there's Rajesh Patkar Institute of Software Engineering. Really good in teaching Java

Tks mate,have heard abt him&will try to get details.:)

deaddevil said:
yeah there are courses for core and advanced java, If you are planning to make a career as a java developer, then they are necessary, or if you are just going for certification and learning, you can do 1, nd the other one later, if you are interested...
Nope my friends did not do an oracle course in NIIT, but yes, only particular centers are good at teaching, you have to check which faculty teaches where.....faculty is most important...best is to ask students of that course, about the experience....
i agree, he teaches java as per the industry standard and relevance.

chking which niit institutes has good faculty is lil difficult..neways i went to nearest niit centre&got details about java,redhat,oracle...&their duration..i couldn't ask students since they were in lectures...:)

chking which niit institutes has good faculty is lil difficult..neways i went to nearest niit centre&got details about java,redhat,oracle...&their duration..i couldn't ask students since they were in lectures...

buddy, can you post the details here, Needed the info, in case I wanna join...tell about timing, days, duration, fees and are they certificate courses ?

Back