Good institute to learn java,oracle,redhat?

deaddevil said:
buddy, can you post the details here, Needed the info, in case I wanna join...tell about timing, days, duration, fees and are they certificate courses ?

Mate,just enquired regarding the certification...the funny part was the lady at the office was newly joined&didn't have much info...she told you can give the exam directly.:rofl: how will i give when i don't have any knowledge on java..:p

she told to come tommorrow as she was newly joined&other staff wasn't there when i went....though the duration is 2months for each course she told...

Went to seed at shivaji park&told java course duration is 2months&course fees 6.5k...didn't enquire much on timings&days&took contact info...

thanks for replying...i know it isnt a language..just want to get RHCE certification...am pretty new to this even my frnds want to get RHCE certification done..fill the forms?i didn't get u.
You mean the certification form from redhat?do i have to fill it online or any authorised redhat training centre?please guide me...infact bought few redhat books but havent even started reading..you have any redhat books information please do share ...
Is fedora enough to learn redhat or centOS?

Buy this month Linuxforyou.. They have provided some lousy tutorial from Red Hat ..
Donno abt filling forms though , you can call up RH guys for that..
I would say get a better certification like the one prakash mentioned :)

I have no books for RH . as far as OS is concerned get Fedora or any other Red Hat package based distro for learning it :) Though Fedora make more sense :)

Dark Star said:
Buy this month Linuxforyou.. They have provided some lousy tutorial from Red Hat ..
Donno abt filling forms though , you can call up RH guys for that..
I would say get a better certification like the one prakash mentioned :)

I have no books for RH . as far as OS is concerned get Fedora or any other Red Hat package based distro for learning it :) Though Fedora make more sense :)
Tks darky...have sent mail asking for prometric centre in mumbai...:) i do have fedora 8&centOS..will try with fedora first as suggested by darky sir..:p

Dark Star said:
^^Before filling in do check the tutorial [flash] they provided with Linuxforyou.. Pretty nifty newbies.. You can learn a lot from it :)
tks for your prompt reply...will chk out lfy magazine...:hap2: will go hunting tmrw...

>> isn't fedora equivalent to redhat?or is it desktop version of redhat?

NO.

>> It is the free version of corporate RedHat versions

Wrong again.

Why don't you guys bother looking things up before posting?

CentOS is best for RHCE. No licensing fuss like RHEL.

"Red Hat Enterprise Linux is officially supported by Red Hat for 7 years. It's a better choice if you're running important machines in production, and you don't want to upgrade your OS all the time. It also has many nice features that are useful if you are running more than a few servers.
Also, you can (sometimes) actually call Red Hat and get support for RHEL, which you will never be able to do for Fedora.
Fedora is distributed for free, and RHEL costs money."

source : The Unofficial Fedora FAQ

"Red Hat Linux was originally developed exclusively inside Red Hat, with the only feedback from users coming through bug reports and contributions to the included software packages – not contributions to the distribution as such. This was changed in late 2003 when Red Hat Linux merged with the community-based Fedora Project. The new plan is to draw most of the codebase from Fedora when creating new Red Hat Enterprise Linux distributions. Fedora replaces the original Red Hat Linux download and retail version.[citation needed] The model is similar to the relationship between Netscape Communicator and Mozilla, or StarOffice and OpenOffice.org, although in this case the resulting commercial product is also fully free software."

Source : Red Hat Linux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

exactly....get a rhel 5 from some torrent site...if not get centos....fedora is too new to try out rhel5...rhel 5 is based on fedora core 6...just make sure that u get server edition..if possible use it on a vmware/virtual box application....u may find it difficult to run a full fledged rhel5...coz of mp3/video players restrictions...no....its not easy to install these on rhel5...u can do it on fedora 9/10 though...

my suggestion...join a course..i u r planning to get cewrtified..it will cost u 20k....if u do a course in a redhat partner institute...u will b paying 12.5k for the exam..in any case u will hardly be saving 3-4k at max by self studying...
if its for knowledge alone...self study is fine...for certs...join a course...and redhat material is the best for cert courses..self pratcise + Michael jang(rhce guide) is fine...but not quite redhat official material....and yes...u will not get the material in shops.....extremely hard to get pdf's of these too..

this is not to @cricfan.

why these people are having wrong notions?huh?Fedora is equivalent to RHEL.RHEL/CENTOS/WHEL got the same packages it is not like windows xp vs window server.

FIrst correct that statement.Me also had my RHCE course done.RHCE contains old version of packages with security fixes via RHN and makes available src.rpms of the same.

Fedora is the Desktop System by the community.RedHat benefits from the community and sells subscription to make money.RHEL can be had from RH ,one you register.there is nothing special in them unless you are running some serious business.that's it.

thanx bro...i am a linux newbie...rhct done(flunked rhce...cudnt clear it in time)...

thanx again..i thought desktop versions were different from server versions(missing sendmail,ftp,named..)..

but i can assure u ..i have read the same in michael jang's book..he clearly states rhel is based on fedora 6..and its better to use centos(for rhce)..i anycase as u said he can download eval versions from redhat after registering or got the torrents way..

I will write it for the final time..

RHEL has its source code available but they charge for updates + tech support.

CentOS is ripped RHEL with all the reference to RedHat removed and their own update server.

Fedora = financially supported by Redhat, driven by community , used by Redhat to create new RHEL.

actually ,I still recommend LPIC whose certification is a real assett ,unlike redhat's or suse/novell one's.why?because these all are practical sessions where you configure some server configuration services which are not really something tough IMHO.

also NSA's Selinux is simply not worth and it is used only by redhat for now.there are other options already in other *BETTER* GNU/Linux Distributions like Debian.

Mr. Studd said:
>> isn't fedora equivalent to redhat?or is it desktop version of redhat?

NO.

>> It is the free version of corporate RedHat versions

Wrong again.

Why don't you guys bother looking things up before posting?

CentOS is best for RHCE. No licensing fuss like RHEL.

post deleted..

cricfan said:
exactly....get a rhel 5 from some torrent site...if not get centos....fedora is too new to try out rhel5...rhel 5 is based on fedora core 6...just make sure that u get server edition..if possible use it on a vmware/virtual box application....u may find it difficult to run a full fledged rhel5...coz of mp3/video players restrictions...no....its not easy to install these on rhel5...u can do it on fedora 9/10 though...

my suggestion...join a course..i u r planning to get cewrtified..it will cost u 20k....if u do a course in a redhat partner institute...u will b paying 12.5k for the exam..in any case u will hardly be saving 3-4k at max by self studying...
if its for knowledge alone...self study is fine...for certs...join a course...and redhat material is the best for cert courses..self pratcise + Michael jang(rhce guide) is fine...but not quite redhat official material....and yes...u will not get the material in shops.....extremely hard to get pdf's of these too..

tks cric...need some info before i enroll myself for redhat cert...will it be possible to give cert without joining any institute?also darky suggested by contacting redhat or filling the form i will be getting all redhat study materials..am willing to join niit for redhat cert are they good?any institute u joined?

there are institutions who offers RHCE training without really going for all those course materials(doesnt worth it).search in your city/town.

tks cric...need some info before i enroll myself for redhat cert...will it be possible to give cert without joining any institute?also darky suggested by contacting redhat or filling the form i will be getting all redhat study materials..am willing to join niit for redhat cert are they good?any institute u joined?

u can take up exams without joing courses....but u will b paying 20k for exams..if u join a redhat partner institute ..u will b paying 12.5k...

here in blore...there r quite a few redhat institutes....stg,llc,vtp...i joined vtp...course fee was 14k..and no those course materials r not available to u by joing some redhat forum/community...coz its clearly printed on every page of the book that its only for students of partner training institutes....i think darkie is talking abt redhat documents...its not exactly tailor-made for cert purposes...once u finish the course materials u can thoroughly go through those documents for knowledge purpose...

regarding training institutes...obviously there will b plenty in mumbai....just talk to reception and get some idea abt the teaching and all...regarding infrastructure..unlike cisco institutes u dont really need hifi infrastructure....10 pc's is more than sufficient...saying this coz dont come to a conclusion by looking at the infrastructure..normally thats what students do when they think of joing ccna/ccnp course...and they r right in this case..

and yes...dont forget to interact with students of that institute...u can find those guy dhuaafying in pan beeda shops nearby...lol...and dont pay beyond 15K for courses..redhat materials r more than sufficient for the exams...

and while taking exams be fast....thats where i lost out...will b taking up upgrade exams soon(rhct to rhce)...and at last..sorry for my crappy english...

Back