Good Knight mosquito repellent liquid is crap!

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
I bought the new one, the one which come in a fancy cover and i've been using it for a while now. Just wanted to say that its crap. I put it under my chair and there are mosquitoes busy sucking my blood just a few inches above it.
Also the only two differences between the new one and the old one are: new design and the newer model starts off in the Active mode for the first few minutes. I wish I could get my money back!
Can anyone suggest me a better and a GENUINELY effective mosquito liquid repellent?
Else i'll have to go back to using the dangerous but super effective chinese anti-mosquito coils. They have a very strong smell.

Same here, in fact all of the repellents are crap.
Mosquitoes have developed some kind of tolerance for them.

I've moved back to Mosquito net and Low smoke coils, since past 2 yrs.
Coils still work better than repellents.

My suggestion is mosquito nets...
If not feasible for you, then switch to low smoke coils.

Coils and even chemical based liquid repellents are dangerous if inhaled. I have stopped using them for some time, at least when we are in the room. Also, mosquitoes gets used to them after a while and as @drkrack has said looks like they already have developed tolerance for them.

Fortunately, my place is not so infested with mosquitoes. While a few years ago, there were no mosquitoes at all, recently I am seeing about 5-6 mosquitoes if I leave vents of bathrooms open during late evening hours. For my case, applying Odomos cream over legs and arms seem to work. Not sure whether it will work when a large no. of mosquitoes are involved.

It does look like even these damn mosquitoes have evolved! Cant be inside mosquito net while using my computer. But i was thinking of buying a foldable net, you know like a tent. Good Knight liquid has a very good aroma that i'll admit though. Also i remember using the GoodKnight cloth-like repellent which was flat and was in a rectangular shape. It was usually burned on one side and within secs mosquitoes would fall down paralyzed or dead. It was many years ago. And a few years later a small machine was produced which would heat that thing and you could switched it on/off anytime you like. what was it called and anyone know if they are still in production?
I haven't tried Odomo cream.

Good Knight mats do work well for us in Hyderabad. If there are too many coming, you just set an used mat on fire and let the smoke fill the room. It will kill them like a champ. take care to be in another room while smoking the mosquitoes.

Killing those damn mosquitoes with the racket has become a hobby for me. :)
That cracking sound of frying mosquitoes gives immense pleasure indeed.

I don't prefer any mosquito repellents - they gives me feeling of nausea, nasal irritations. While sleeping I use net, since last 4/5 years. And in the evening I normally keep the windows and doors closed (whenever possible) and keep my racket handy.

So they are called mats then? I'll go look for it in the evening. Buy hows the weather out there? Its hot here but not so hot. 30c. But the rate of mosquito bites is scary.[DOUBLEPOST=1433311547][/DOUBLEPOST]Forgot to add, yeah electric racquets are awesome.

So they are called mats then? I'll go look for it in the evening. Buy hows the weather out there? Its hot here but not so hot. 30c. But the rate of mosquito bites is scary.

Its very hot in hyd right now and there are no mosquitoes. But when they do come, we use the old style Mosquito mats and corresponding machine. Works well.

Forgot to add, yeah electric racquets are awesome.

Of course the electric racquet is also a good option if you don't mind the manual work and enjoy the sport :) Of course the impact is temporary against mosquitoes and more are likely to come in after a while.

Its still a versatile tool. My mom uses it for getting rid of mosquitoes. I have myself used it successfully against honey bees, wasps and even bats.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1433332058086.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1433332058086.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 292
Been using All Out for years, never had a problem, thing is the liquid ones aren't that effective when the windows are open.
I usually keep it on for an hour around 4pm with the doors and windows closed, can spend the remaining time in peace with the machine off.

Back