Less than 10K Good Looking Feature Phone

AMG

Skilled
Looking for a good looking feature phone.
Tired of touch-screens and useless time wasting apps.

Ideally, I'd like something like the (now discontinued) Nokia E71. (Thats was one gorgeous phone). I know I know that the E71 was never 5K, but then, in today's world it should be.

Priorities
1: Looks
2: Non-touchscreen

Side querry: Are those refurbished phones on aliexpress worth buying?

Looking for a good looking feature phone.
Tired of touch-screens and useless time wasting apps.

Ideally, I'd like something like the (now discontinued) Nokia E71. (Thats was one gorgeous phone). I know I know that the E71 was never 5K, but then, in today's world it should be.

Priorities
1: Looks
2: Non-touchscreen

Side querry: Are those refurbished phones on aliexpress worth buying?

So, no apps like Uber, maps etc?

Most feature phones don't support 4g etc. but that shouldn't be a concern if you don't plan on using apps.

https://www.amazon.in/Nokia-E5-00-E...=UTF8&qid=1533715227&sr=8-1&keywords=nokia+e5

https://www.amazon.in/Nokia-8110-4G...&ie=UTF8&qid=1533715134&sr=1-4&keywords=nokia

https://www.amazon.in/Nokia-MT00073...ie=UTF8&qid=1533715134&sr=1-16&keywords=nokia

Looks are the #1 priority.
That looks like trash.

So, no apps like Uber, maps etc?

Can live without them.

No

Wait for Nokia Event, we might see 8110 4G released.

8110 might be an option. Dont really dig the unconventional slider mechanism.

There are many blackberries available on Amazon.
And here is your E71 on ebay. Take your pick.

None of them is Amazon Prime.
And the E71 is refurbished.

If I'm gonna get a refurb phone, I'd get it from AliExpress rather than ebay.

Ordered approximately 2K $ worth of things from AliExpress, and faced customs a grand total of ZERO times.

Go ahead. Try doing that with a phone and let us know how it goes.

P.S. It won't end well. Also, import of second hand phones is banned. If the box is opened or the phone is used the customs have every right to seize the phone.

AMG, so your requirement is querty physical keyboard? As i assume it will be some learning curve and undoublty frustrating to use the feature phone keys for typing anything more than a sentence. Your best best is BB passport / classic and will be about 15k. Not sure why you hate so much of touch screen.

AMG, so your requirement is querty physical keyboard? As i assume it will be some learning curve and undoublty frustrating to use the feature phone keys for typing anything more than a sentence. Your best best is BB passport / classic and will be about 15k. Not sure why you hate so much of touch screen.

My requirement is a tech detox, TBH. And maybe a hint of Nostalgia.

I'm 27 years old. So I'm definitely not one of the new kids whose first phone was a Smartphone.

I come from the times when Nokia 6600 was the thing, and 128 MB memory cards were considered huge.

Go ahead. Try doing that with a phone and let us know how it goes.

P.S. It won't end well. Also, import of second hand phones is banned. If the box is opened or the phone is used the customs have every right to seize the phone.

I mean I'm not importing a $ 1000 iPhoneX.
Its a 30$ gamble, I'd rather take it.

My requirement is a tech detox, TBH. And maybe a hint of Nostalgia.

I'm 27 years old. So I'm definitely not one of the new kids whose first phone was a Smartphone.

I come from the times when Nokia 6600 was the thing, and 128 MB memory cards were considered huge.

I mean I'm not importing a $ 1000 iPhoneX.
Its a 30$ gamble, I'd rather take it.

Problem is the customs guy won't see it as that. He can put any amount he wants as customs. Ya, but if you are willing to take that 30$ hit go ahead. Not much to lose i guess.

Damn it this thread is only two days old

Could be a while before we hear the punch line :D

Which one?

------------------------------------

Anyways, found an old Alcatel OT606 in my trash collection. Currently using that.

Also foundmy mom's Pink nokia 7230, but dont really have the femininity necessary to rock that.

Back