Good quality 5v regulated power supply

rajil.s

Adept
I want to use 5V/2A power supply for some sensitive electronics. Can somebody recommend me a good regulated power supply?

9V power supply would be handy as well.

I want to use 5V/2A power supply for some sensitive electronics. Can somebody recommend me a good regulated power supply?

9V power supply would be handy as well.

Pick up a used ATX power supply. Use the 5 volt rail (red). Tons of current and excellent regulation.

If you can solder, you can use a voltage follower to bring the 12 volt output of the ATX power supply down to 9.

USB chargers may not give you 2 Amps. Battery chargers, in general, are not power supplies. They can have voltage sensing/current limiting electronics at the output.

Last edited:
Pick up a used ATX power supply. Use the 5 volt rail (red). Tons of current and excellent regulation.

If you can solder, you can use a voltage follower to bring the 12 volt output of the ATX power supply down to 9.

USB chargers may not give you 2 Amps. Battery chargers, in general, are not power supplies. They can have voltage sensing/current limiting electronics at the output.
Thats a good suggestion. Unfortunately, I have a space constraint so cannot use an ATX supply.

Back