Good Quality Leather Belts

there are many types of leather in Dharavi. Which is the best quality leather for belts which can last for a long term?
How good the leather is something i'd like to know as well. This is one of those areas where a lot is done to fool people.

Many years ago i was in Florence, Italy. They have a thriving leather trade there and was looking at jackets. The guy showed us a trick which is impractical.

He took a lighter and ran it across the leather. If it left a burn mark the leather was cheap otherwise it was good. Leather on these jackets was fairly thin.

How good the leather is something i'd like to know as well. This is one of those areas where a lot is done to fool people.

Many years ago i was in Florence, Italy. They have a thriving leather trade there and was looking at jackets. The guy showed us a trick which is impractical.

He took a lighter and ran it across the leather. If it left a burn mark the leather was cheap otherwise it was good. Leather on these jackets was fairly thin.
shopkeepers in dharavi have lighters with them so that if you ask them to do that burn test, they'll do it right then and there

Leather stuff is the identity of dharavi. So even if you are a noob you will get original genuine stuff but might get looted thats it!
If some stuff costs 1k they will quote you 1.8k so you will bargain anyway above 1k and they will be still in much.more profits. If you are aware of the costs then you will directly bargain under 1k and the seller is quick in making out that you surely do know something about there etc.

So does any one know or purchased from any shop in Dharavi who sells really good leather and they have used since past couple of years

Back