Budget 0-20k Good stable budget B450 motherboard

invinci

Disciple
My Budget is kind of tight right now but I want to upgrade my old Intel rig to AMD Ryzen.

I've finalized most of my component requirements but can't seem to decide on Motherboard.
I'm looking for good stable motherboard which provides enough vrm phase for mild overclocking and long lasting performance.

I have finalized following 3 motherboards.

ASUS PRIME B450M-K Motherboard

MSI B450M PRO-VDH PLUS

MSI B450M GAMING PLUS

ASRock B450M Pro4

If anyone using this motherboards plz provide your real-time usage experience according to hot Indian weather. If you have any other motherboard suggestion than do share it. Thanks.

Following I've finalized:
CPU - AMD Ryzen R3 2200G
RAM - G Skill 4gb*2 2800mhz DDR4
PSU - Corsair 550w CX450

Last edited:
My vote goes for asrock. Also I suggest you go for single 8gb now and add one more later as and when budget permits.

Hey, thanks for replying. I was initially thinking about going with Corsair 8GB 3000mhz but I read that Ryzen works best with dual channel. I may be wrong. But I have noted down your recommendation.

Is Asrock good brand? I mean in India with the quality. Sorry for sounding noob. Haven't kept myself updated with latest trends from a long time. Just need good workable stable build. Will definitely upgrade to R5 3600 in future once prices are down. Thanks.

Hey, thanks for replying. I was initially thinking about going with Corsair 8GB 3000mhz but I read that Ryzen works best with dual channel. I may be wrong. But I have noted down your recommendation.

Is Asrock good brand? I mean in India with the quality. Sorry for sounding noob. Haven't kept myself updated with latest trends from a long time. Just need good workable stable build. Will definitely upgrade to R5 3600 in future once prices are down. Thanks.
Well , you are right it works better with dual channel, that's why I suggested buy one now and one.more later. Or buy 8x2 if budget permits, you can go for basic ram , no need fancy stuff.

I was sceptical about asrock too, but recently bought the full atx version of b450 pro 4 board and satisfied with it. Am using 3200g. Good vrm compared to other boards in entry level.Don't expect too much oc and stuff. For that you have to look for higher end range.

Well , you are right it works better with dual channel, that's why I suggested buy one now and one.more later. Or buy 8x2 if budget permits, you can go for basic ram , no need fancy stuff.

I was sceptical about asrock too, but recently bought the full atx version of b450 pro 4 board and satisfied with it. Am using 3200g. Good vrm compared to other boards in entry level.Don't expect too much oc and stuff. For that you have to look for higher end range.

Thanks you very much for sharing your personal experience. My usage is more than sufficient for 8GB I think but yes having more RAM is welcome. Will try to squeeze additional DIM in my budget if it fits. Thanks again.

In case you want 3200g + asrock b450 pro4, I am selling my combo.

I see you are based in Coimbatore. I would've preferred if you were in Mumbai. Why are you selling your rig in just 1 month? Any issues?

Btw is this good motherboard?

MSI B450M GAMING PLUS. Its roughly in the same price range of ASRock B450M Pro4.

Last edited:
Thanks you very much for sharing your personal experience. My usage is more than sufficient for 8GB. I think but yes having more RAM is welcome. Will try to squeeze in my budget if it fits. Thanks again.

I see you are based in Coimbatore. I would've preferred if you were in Mumbai. Why are you selling your rig in just 1 month? Any issues?
Lol no issues. Just bored. Already have a main pc. Then i sold of my secondary pc (a10-7700k and Asus crossblade ranger board) , and I wanted to try new gen apu's . So now that I have tried it and quite good. Checked NFS also , is ok with 8gb ram.
Nothing wrong or bad with combination.

Lol no issues. Just bored. Already have a main pc. Then i sold of my secondary pc (a10-7700k and Asus crossblade ranger board) , and I wanted to try new gen apu's . So now that I have tried it and quite good. Checked NFS also , is ok with 8gb ram.
Nothing wrong or bad with combination.

Yeah that makes sense. Having main pc does give a legroom to try other builds.

I wouldn't check M Gaming Plus as it has only two DIMM slots. But it has BIOS flashback button, I give that.

Among the four boards this is how I would see.
VRM and feature wise Asrock>MSI>ASUS
BIOS wise ASUS>Asrock>MSI

Asrock is kinda balanced, I would pick that one. For non overclocking 2200G, this ASUS is okay. But it really feels too cheap.

I am using 2200G+B450M PRO VDH. If the Asrock board or it's ATX version was available when I was buying, I would have gone for that.

Case airflow is taken care by one 120mm front intake fan. CPU temp goes upto low 60s for my workload. When OCed, temp goes upto low 70s for my workload.

It's not wise to stress test (AIDA) with just stock cooler. So I didn't do it for long, just for 5 min.
- With only CPU checked, we can run stress test for hours. I ran for about an hour. Temp was in high 60s
- With CPU+GPU+RAM checked, temp was in 70s. I ran it for 5 minutes.
- With all checked, within a minute temp shot well above 80. So I stopped.

If you have any specific question about this board, you can ask me.

Back