OC & Modding Good Thermal Paste

invinci

Disciple
Hello everyone,

I am looking for good thermal paste for my cpu. Its been over 4 years since I purchased my i5 3450 and now it is running a little hot. Been searching for thermal pastes online but I am not sure which ones are good for our Indian temps. My budget is around Rs 600 for thermal paste. Also if anyone is from Mumbai, kindly help me with the rates at Lamington Road as well.
Thanks.

Hello everyone,

I am looking for good thermal paste for my cpu. Its been over 4 years since I purchased my i5 3450 and now it is running a little hot. Been searching for thermal pastes online but I am not sure which ones are good for our Indian temps. My budget is around Rs 600 for thermal paste. Also if anyone is from Mumbai, kindly help me with the rates at Lamington Road as well.
Thanks.

Deepcool Z9 High Quality Thermal Paste-499.

Link:http://www.amazon.in/Deepcool-Z9-Qu...7_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=15GM8SWXSYMXFY0SDFBV

Yes I am using it on my CPU.
I think I will go with Noctua NT-H1. Has some good reviews of it as well. but Thanks for replying bro. Much appreciated.

Noctua NT-H1 Thermal Compound. I got it for 435 from PrimeABGB.

I narrowed it down between Noctua and Arctic Mx-4 and both have good reviews but I am leaning towards Noctua.
Will be visiting Lamington Road this week to buy from PrimeABGB.
Thanks.

I have bought the following Surgical Spirit which has Isopropyl in it. Will that be enough to clean the surface?
20160714_173548aa.jpg

Do we need surgical spirit to clean the cpu of thermal paste.
I used soft cotton everytime.
There is no difference I felt.
The thermal paste got cleaned very well.

yes its enough. just clean the processor 3-4 times to remove all traces of old thermal paste.

Thanks.

Deepcool Z9 is cheaper in eBay with FREE shipping and 6% discount coupon.

Kindly share link.

Do we need surgical spirit to clean the cpu of thermal paste.
I used soft cotton everytime.
There is no difference I felt.
The thermal paste got cleaned very well.

I read on the internet that Isopropyl is safest liquid to remove old paste. So bought it for safety measures.
First I will use cotton method as you suggested to remove the paste and after that will use the liquid.

Last edited:
soft cotton does not clean the leftover thermal paste in the minute crevices on the heatsink. You ideally need the Artic cleaning solution of 2 bottles - one remover and one surface cleaner to remove all traces of the old compound. This 2 bottle method is too costly and frankly I don't know how long the chemicals in the bottle last. The surgical spirit is not true isopropyl alcohol (it has water added to it) but it is good for cleaning off the stuff for cheap.

This 2 bottle method is too costly and frankly I don't know how long the chemicals in the bottle last.
they last quite a long. i bought a set 6 years ago and it still works great. one of them smells (and tastes :p) like citric acid... which is one of the best cleaners available. it's definitely better than IPA alone for removing thermal compound.

any solvent based cleaner can be disastrous for electronics/plastics, e.g. acetone. and also some commonly available silicone sprays.

Back