Budget 51-70k Goodbye Macs, going back to Windows

Now my wife needs a laptop. She probably never owned a Windows machine, but only needs Adobe LR and PS and PowerPoint other than browsing, emails etc. She refused to use a modern smartphone and still uses a beat up BlackBerry and completely dependent on computer for her hobby (photography)
Can't blame her. A bigger screen helps with photography.

Let her use your Gram for a bit to determine whether not having a GPU matters at all.

What about the dell xps 13, 9060 as that still has a USB 1 port the ones after that went usb c then since huawei's matebook x pro is out

Anything with a 3:2 screen is ideal but you won't find that easily except on a surface

so 16:9 only

Does it have SD card reader? Surface is out of question, we are not the type to baby our gadgets. Thinking of buying a thinkpad carbon for me and give the Gram to Lenka

Does it have SD card reader? Surface is out of question, we are not the type to baby our gadgets. Thinking of buying a thinkpad carbon for me and give the Gram to Lenka
You'll have to check for sd card reader. Not sure if its full size on the 13 inchers

Which generation carbon did you have in mind

That means 6th gen or 7th gen X1. The 7th gen has two front firing speakers and two down firing. The 6th gen has just 2 thin sounding down facing speakers. Choice of screen will have a big impact on battery life. Non touch will be best. But you can't get that with 6th gen.

Let's see which one you end up with. The pricing will be high in India and availability of specific options an open question.

No add on memory here so you will have to decide which memory to live with. 8 or 16GB

Unless you plan on upgrading in a year or 2 the 16GB option is better if its even available.

I did watch Lisa’s videos. Availability is a problem. Is it possible to order from Lenovo’s US website? I emailed them, but didn’t get any reply yet.

Forgot to update this thread, my wife also bought a Gram.
Both of them turned to be very very durable. We even used them as tabletops during this Corona hell. Both have been thrown around in backpacks without any case etc.
A sat on mine accidentally, dropped from a table (on the carpet though) not even a ding.
Really solid machine.
Everyone is using those super bulky Dell tanks, but these Grams are really tough.

Back