Google branded 'Pixel' phone launched

DxOMark also rates the Xperia X Performance and the Z5 higher than the iPhone 7 and LG G5 too.

I wouldn't blindly trust it. There's a lot more to a good camera than just image quality

Also, why are people making such a big deal about the assistant/siri type stuff? I mostly use my mobile while I am outdoors and would find it really awkward to walk around having a conversation with my phone.

That promo spot about unrestricted storage in Google Photos in the launch event was incredibly cringey. What kind of father takes so many photos of his kid? And, if it's not the father then that is way creepier.

Pricing is killer.... Too much custom compare to American price
Now I think only patanjali can produce cheaply a phone in india.. Google have google now patanjali will have guru... Print photos in leaf... Free prasad coupons for patanjali center... And seva will be top notch by their bhakts for 365 divas.
Apna pehla pura swadashi phone... Jai bharat
Any ways moral of the story pricing is too weird than the story... I will miss nexus
Pixel is too pixelated at this point

Pricing is killer.... Too much custom compare to American price
Now I think only patanjali can produce cheaply a phone in india.. Google have google now patanjali will have guru... Print photos in leaf... Free prasad coupons for patanjali center... And seva will be top notch by their bhakts for 365 divas.
Apna pehla pura swadashi phone... Jai bharat
Any ways moral of the story pricing is too weird than the story... I will miss nexus
Pixel is too pixelated at this point
On a lighter note, I am hoping that your urge to comment something on patanjali is now fulfilled.

On a serious note, the specs the phone ships with is top class, if they had a better design I wouldn't have complained.
I dont know if there is anyone else but I am definitely considering this to replace my S6 Edge (poor battery life).

Anyways how good this phone is very important from android perspective... Eventually every great google feature will be available to everybody.
Now one of the feature is unlimited storage in Google photos in native resolution.. Videos in native is good like 4k and all that... But photos upto 16 mp anyway it's free now. The query which I have is suppose iam having a dslr and transferring the photo to pixel phone and start the sync.. Then whether it will be synced in original if that is the case then I see this to be very cheap option for professional(but I don't think so)... If anybody is having some idea please put some light on this

Anyways how good this phone is very important from android perspective... Eventually every great google feature will be available to everybody.
Now one of the feature is unlimited storage in Google photos in native resolution.. Videos in native is good like 4k and all that... But photos upto 16 mp anyway it's free now. The query which I have is suppose iam having a dslr and transferring the photo to pixel phone and start the sync.. Then whether it will be synced in original if that is the case then I see this to be very cheap option for professional(but I don't think so)... If anybody is having some idea please put some light on this
A better option for such usage would be to get 1TB of Drive or any other cloud storage for just $10 per month.

A better option for such usage would be to get 1TB of Drive or any other cloud storage for just $10 per month.
Hmmm... Google services are great but drive upgrade pricing is high (also superior) compared to competetitors... Just using office 365 to get extra cloud storage +office apps this way it comes out way cheaper.

Hmmm... Google services are great but drive upgrade pricing is high (also superior) compared to competetitors... Just using office 365 to get extra cloud storage +office apps this way it comes out way cheaper.
You are right. Just checked and 1TB with Office 365 Personal is just 3300 a year. That's less than half of what Google drive storage would cost.
For just 4300, one can get the Home license which gives the same above benefits for 5 accounts. So basically 5TB of cloud storage for just 4300 bucks. That's really quite affordable.

Other worry is that the manufacturer is HTC and with that in mind i am really skeptical about the battery life on both phones.This makes Samsung a better buy.
The only downside from Samsung would be that it wont offer you stock android experience which the pixel will provide.That might not be a deal breaker for some but people who are particular about using android would find it nice.I mean 57k for a 32 Gb phone .Not justifiable though but still people would buy it I am sure.[DOUBLEPOST=1475744384][/DOUBLEPOST]I would rather go with Moto Z with the battery backup mod which gives me preety much best of all the worlds.Not sure how the camera is but still it would cost me around 55 which again is not a small amount but at least i am not compromising on anything.

Dude Google learns lessons the hard way and it repeats.

Oct 2014 - 44k launches Nexus 6 - top of the line specifications to compete With iPhone 6 Plus.

After 2 months drops to 40k and after 4 months 28k

So after 57k launch they will drop to 37 k in 3 month

Dude Google learns lessons the hard way and it repeats.

Oct 2014 - 44k launches Nexus 6 - top of the line specifications to compete With iPhone 6 Plus.

After 2 months drops to 40k and after 4 months 28k

So after 57k launch they will drop to 37 k in 3 month
No, its appropriately priced, so that they can sell this already "dead Pixel" @ 50% off during online sales deals ...

As an owner of a Nexus 6P all I can say is stock android is overrated IMHO.

With a Pixel you are basically paying for Google Assistant. Quite silly that they would leave out flagship features like water resistance, etc

With a Pixel you are basically paying for Google Assistant. Quite silly that they would leave out flagship features like water resistance, etc
seriously bruh ...you need an assistant at cheaper price that too from google.(local maid are now days too costly and you are asking for foriegner assistant at cheaper price)
anyway DA FREAKING thing for me apart for the absurd pricing is ...if you have already decided to sell the phone at such high price just try to maintain the price for atleast 6 months this way i think you have done the justice to premium pricing (exclusivity).
iam just happy for one thing though the INDIA is among the first country to get this.
only time can tell now the result of this surgical strike by google on apple {some casualities are also ought to happen on android side}
please don't waste your time reading this .....nothing new you will get from this like iphone.

I dont think its fair to compare Apple and google from the prospective of a mobile phone. What i mean is that Apple uses its own hardware and software. Its like they are making the product rite from the body to the camera to the proccy to the OS. And they have a market already established and so they ask for a premium price. Google is merely providing the OS while for the hardware they are relying on hardware manufacturers.So its like they dont have full control over the product some how.Technically they are asking the premium price for the OS equal to Apple and that too it was just out of nowhere. Its like suddenly they decide that lets target Apple. If they would have kept the pricing decent they would have found much more buyers.Not that now people will not buy But still the audience will not be huge.A sudden move to enter a mobile market with a premium offering is not bad But u need to be aware that Apple is already ruling it as of now no matter how injustifiable the price may be.

From what i am guessing...the pricing would be kept so high to not compete with fellow android smartphones...as more people who are android users (overwhelming majority of the world) are aware of a concept of VFM or at least getting more for their money...so these people (like what is happening here) would say oh one plus 3 is such a great deal or samsung s7 or note 7 is such a great deal...and they wont buy pixel...which is fine or at least not as bad coz at least they still are android users (with numerous choices) and sooner or later google can win them over with vanilla android or futuristic machine learning (at least thats what google would like to believe i suppose)

as for the people who are price insensitive and at the same time value insensitive...they will fall right in the bracket of target for a 'premium' priced phone who dont chase after specs and want a 'supposedly' superior experience...these are the people who are most left out of current android advertising/offerings...so whatever inroads google can start making into this small sector would be the prime purpose of the phone...at least in my opinion thats a play that makes sense

if you see the reviews etc from unbiased people it is easily clear that the competition in terms of hardware or an offering, ip7 or ip6se?? is negligible at best...with plethora of much cheaper options providing better camera, screen, battery, fast-charging not even considering so called additional features like the 3.5mm jack :p

Last edited:
I don't know why people are miffed. They have launched a flagship phone at prevalent market prices. At least there are a plethora of options for people who need VFM offerings, something iPhone users never get.

its about branding and having a reliable product. apple has got that. as weird as it seems their the phones are like the nokia 1xxx of way back. android is about giving more flexibility and value for money. has google done either with the pixels?

please dont disrepute nokia....a reliable phone should at least have battery and durability if mediocre in every other respect...but even with that apple is not even among the top dogs..as for pixel have you used it or read any reviews saying otherwise??

Back