Google branded 'Pixel' phone launched

Apple iPhone gets you decent hardware with a good OS built for it and a good customer care.
Google has done the same with Pixel by providing top of the line hardware, custom built OS which will get regular updates and a good customer care experience as they will be selling it themselves.
Due to such high price launches and then reducing prices later, even Apple users didn't get that good a resale value with 6 and 6s. Hell, one can buy an iPhone 7/7+ at launch with 10-13k in cashback, which just shows that they don't want to hurt launch customers when they reduce price later.
This is not a Nexus device. Even with Nexus, the last 2 launches had clearly shown Google's intent to launch flagship devices instead of VFM offerings. The Google brand name is just as good and reputable as Apple. The phone might have been manufactured by HTC ( just like Foxconn manufactures for Apple), but the reins were definitely in the hands of Google engineers.
So again, I just don't understand why people are having a problem with Google pricing their phones at the prevalent market prices.

Google also have one advantage being the US company and also in the league of apple(in my opinion better than that).
Now this is very important with Samsung the only reputable or premium android brand in the US which is doing well and despite having superior hardware is not able to end the dominance of apple (ios may be better optimised this help in getting better battery life but in terms of features I think android is way better now) here I think Google can do something because of the perception and also most of the people depend on the Google product and any thing directly from them is easily welcome, this can help them sell products.
2nd thing it will be launching it as a premium brand will find many taker there in US(we all know how important is US market) and also important if they are competing with Apple. At the same time they are also not hurting any other oem apart from Samsung.
Now how serious is google about selling the Google pixel in other countries is too be seen.. In india now apple also has up the ante with the timing of launches and too many cashback and promotional offer going on.

But hardware wise iam lil disappointed no ip68, no wireless charging, no retina scanner, no g pen... Ok I think now I need samsung pixel phone with removable battery
Camera is also touted as a big feature just checked with the Dxomark site nothing revolutionary and also no OIS it is using gyroscope for stabilisation purpose and if it works as advertised then it can also be easily implemented in future cameras of the other oem.

Anyway as a leader I was wishing google pixel too be top notch... But I forgot this is kalyug and iam asura.

Now this is very important with Samsung the only reputable or premium android brand in the US which is doing well and despite having superior hardware is not able to end the dominance of apple...

If you look at it from business perspective then it's not at all important for Samsung to beat either Apple or Alphabet. Samsung is bigger than both Apple and Alphabet combined. Samsung probably deals in every business sector imaginable. They make high end mobile phones with the mentality: "yes, we can too" rather than "we'll die if we don't."

^^ That is definitely true. Samsung is massive compared to the likes of Apple, Alphabet and Microsoft. Samsung Electronics is just one of over 80 business divisions under the Samsung brand

Samsung is massive compared to the likes of Apple, Alphabet and Microsoft. Samsung Electronics is just one of over 80 business divisions under the Samsung brand
This is totally true but smartphone industry is totally a different ball game... The good thing is they are market leader in case of manufacturing chips and display which are part of this industry... But having their own smartphone gives them higher profit margin for the same thing at the same time, also the life cycle is very less(usually 2 years) compared to the other products so if they stay relevant more purchase more profit and this also act as trust and advertisement (that they make good products) for their other products like washing machine tv and so on.
If you see apple biggest cash cow is iphone...
Samsung can survive even without not so good performance in mobile industry but to thrive they have to always compete and stay relevant at the top.

Now let me prepare for dandiya... Hai ji re

Keeping the pricing aside its a really good phone. Reviews are great. Videos say the phone is smooth like (or rather slippery) butter. I believe what Google is selling is the software, and the brand "Pixel." Yeah just like Apple alright.
But isn't the gap between the 32GB and 128GB storage too huge? the 32GB could've been 64GB. But 1+3 (the original 1+3, not the updated and pricier 1+3) will still beat it on the VFM factor.
Apple got themselves a premium-sounding competitor.
lol.

Back